Double Flawless on Klassic Noob Does Nothing :(

kaballer

Alright. I've been hearing stories about how hard the Klassic Noob fight is for weeks. Now that I've finished finals, I've got down to playing MK9 and getting that "Ladder Master" achievement. Fortunately, the very first stage was the Shadow Temple, so I got Klassic Noob to come out and play.

Contrary to what everyone said, I was surprised as to how easy Klassic Noob was to shut down if you are able to react to his teleport spams. I double flawless-ed his butt, thinking maybe that was the key to unlocking a Klassic Noob or Klassic Sub Zero costume. No such luck.. : (

Here's an iphone photo for the inevitable "proof or it didn't happen" people:

NoobFlawless.jpg

Does anyone think maybe you have to double flawless him without blocking? I mean, Ed Boon is known for making crazy stipulations for unlockables. Or is the Klassic Noob costume unattainable?

Last edited:
if you are able to react to his teleport spams.

Therein lies the problem. I for one have a problem with the fastest attacking teleports.

I don't think you'd get anything for a double flawless AND no blocking. IMO Boon wouldn't drive us mad with something that tough to achieve.

It was crazy! I couldn't beat him, lol, and I discovered it accidententally... sure was a cool experience. :)

Therein lies the problem. I for one have a problem with the fastest attacking teleports.

I don't think you'd get anything for a double flawless AND no blocking. IMO Boon wouldn't drive us mad with something that tough to achieve.

I think you forgot the "You Found Me!" Achievement/Trophy.
It drives me Nuts, I still can't get it.

I think you forgot the "You Found Me!" Achievement/Trophy.
It drives me Nuts, I still can't get it.

Yo Lord Noob, I had finals so I wasn't keeping up with the secret fight hype when MK9 came out. I searched but the specifications differ from thread to thread. What are the exact specifications for the Klassic Jade fight? I can try it tonight. Maybe share any tips I discover?

Last edited:
Kinda weird how we don't fight Klassic Ermac, yet we fight all the others. Maybe try getting a double flawless on Jade?

Yo Lord Noob, I had finals so I wasn't keeping up with the secret fight hype when MK9 came out. I searched but the specifications differ from thread to thread. What are the exact specifications for the Klassic Jade fight? I can try it tonight. Maybe share any tips I discover?

1. play ladder on any difficulty (beginner makes it the easiest to get)

2. Do not lose a round

3. Defeat Shang Tsung with a double flawless + fatality

that is it. I have the trophy. Anything else you read is just pure nonsense. You do not have to use a specific difficulty level.....you do not have to get any other flawless victories and you do not have to do any other fatalities.

ps. As with finding Classic Reptile, I suggest using Stryker and spamming his pistol from across the screen in rapid succession to get double flawless.

Alright. I've been hearing stories about how hard the Klassic Noob fight is for weeks. Now that I've finished finals, I've got down to playing MK9 and getting that "Ladder Master" achievement. Fortunately, the very first stage was the Shadow Temple, so I got Klassic Noob to come out and play.

Contrary to what everyone said, I was surprised as to how easy Klassic Noob was to shut down if you are able to react to his teleport spams. I double flawless-ed his butt, thinking maybe that was the key to unlocking a Klassic Noob or Klassic Sub Zero costume. No such luck.. : (

Here's an iphone photo for the inevitable "proof or it didn't happen" people:

NoobFlawless.jpg

Does anyone think maybe you have to double flawless him without blocking? I mean, Ed Boon is known for making crazy stipulations for unlockables. Or is the Klassic Noob costume unattainable?

I double flawlessed him on expert (without blocking) and got nothing :( pretty sure there isnt any secret costume.

1. play ladder on any difficulty (beginner makes it the easiest to get)

2. Do not lose a round

3. Defeat Shang Tsung with a double flawless + fatality

that is it. I have the trophy. Anything else you read is just pure nonsense. You do not have to use a specific difficulty level.....you do not have to get any other flawless victories and you do not have to do any other fatalities.

Thanks so much for the straight info, man. I'm trying that tonight.

Why would it?

Why would beating the ladder with no rounds lost and then performing a double flawless and a fatality on Shang Tsung unlock a Klassic Jade fight? Because it just would. Boon puts these secrets into MK without a single hint, and if no one tried different methods no one would know they even existed.

I double flawlessed him on expert (without blocking) and got nothing :( pretty sure there isnt any secret costume.

Expert: check.
Double flawless: check.
Without blocking: ..? Damn you Tony-T you one upped me again :p

Last edited:
Grats on getting a Double Flawless on the hardest fight in the game. I don't know where people suddenly got the idea that Double Flawless on classic Noob would unlock anything though...no one ever said anything about that.