What's your favorite band(s)?

MKFrEaK2

Name the band, then describe their type of music.
My favorite bands are Modest Mouse and EVE6 Modest Mouse plays Indie/Soft Rock, and EVE6 plays Alternative/Pop Rock

didn't we already have this thread? whatever: fav bands Judas Priest (classic/speed metal), Megadeth (thrash metal), and Saxon (classic metal)

Yeah Modest Mouse for me too actually. Issac Brock (their singer) writes some of the most thoughful, creative lyrics, it's simply amazing. Everyone should dig back into their early days, as their recent release is good but not the best they have to offer. Just a really brilliant band though.

MONSTER (punk from sweden)
Roscoe (agressive/agravated) (and not the crap rap guys)
Skinny Puppy (industrial)

:)

I love The Cure! They are CALLED Gothic but its more emo/goth :p you can't really classify the Cure.

David Bowie

Rammstein (hardcore german)

Depeche Mode (80's band)

Come on people.

Favorite: Opeth
Lately: Led Zepplin, Intestinal Baalism, Bloodthorn, Cianide, Yattering, System of a Down(1st album), Decapitated

Green Day - multi-influence rock. They've been my favorite band for years. I'm not going to get into the "they're not punk/they are punk" crap, 'cause I don't give a flying rat's ass about that, I just call 'em rock.

Lacuna Coil - melodic gothic metal with male/female vocals. Currently my favorite band. They're fucking awesome, pure and simple.

Fear Factory - (originally) death metal, (now) cyber-thrash/industrial-tinged metal

Sepultura - (originally) thrash metal, (now) modern heavy metal

there are just so many.. absolute fav is probably Metallica but I like the following also:

KISS
Megadeth
Mothers Day Out
Motley Crue
Poison
Queensryche
Slaughter
Tait
Unshaken
Stavesacre
Earthsuit
Journey

Donkey Kong said:
The Rasmus
Evanescence
Yellowcard

Shut up. (First person to say that you should accept other people's opinions and let them listen to what they want gets a mouthful of my cock.)

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
there are just so many.. absolute fav is probably Metallica but I like the following also:

KISS
Megadeth
Mothers Day Out
Motley Crue
Poison
Queensryche
Slaughter
Tait
Unshaken
Stavesacre
Earthsuit
Journey

fuck yeah

McShorty said:
Donkey Kong said:
The Rasmus
Evanescence
Yellowcard

Shut up. (First person to say that you should accept other people's opinions and let them listen to what they want gets a mouthful of my cock.)

Well people should be able to have their own opinions; as long as they don't suck. So i agree.

Right now my fav bands are:
Nothingface (they'll be back one day :cry: )
Machinehead
Staind
Cold
A Perfect Circle
TooL
Sevendust
The Temptations (i guess they're concidered a band)
Lacuna Coil (like ryknow said, Amy Lee could learn something)
Metallica
Finger eleven
Killswitch Engage (this should be more at the top, one of the best bands out right now.)
Shadows Fall

Local Bands;
Hennessy
Kaivus
The Stillborn

Current Faves:

The Mars Volta
Fatboy Slim
SOAD
Children of Bodom
Crystal Method
GOB
Marilyn Manson
The Darkness
Jet
Nightwish
Foo Fighters
Carl Orff
Black Label Society
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Lustra
NIN
DJ Caffiene
DJ Venom
Mark Van Dahl

All Time Faves (The good list):
Guns 'n' Roses
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne
Metallica
Bon Jovi
Whitesnake
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Motley Crue
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
DLR Van Halen
The Beatles
The Who
The Doors
The Grateful Dead
Kiss
Iron Butterfly
The Dire Straits
Alice Cooper
The Eagles
Thin Lizzy
Poison
Blondie
Slayer
Pantera
GWAR
Rage Against The Machine

The Mars Volta would closely be my second favorite, probably first once their new album drops in January. Oh man I'm actually getting a hard-on just talking about it.

Holy shit RaidenFighter.you Like Nightwish :D .great f@#king band..I mostly Like the song Wishmaster but the new stuff is still pretty good,best song on the new CD IMO is Romanticide,followed closely by Planet Hell.