Should Mortal Kombat 4 Arcade release on PSN and Live Marketplace?

Lol i got it...maybe we should tweet noobe on twitter to see if they can make a perfect MK 4 version for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 to be included as DLC or either MK9 or MK Collection

Thats because you probably only played MK4 on the PSX or the N64...

The game was AMAZING in the arcades!!!!
YES IT WAS and i remember when the game was released on PSX and N64 but the feeling wasnt there because the graphics were weak polygons per sec..etc when MK Gold was released for the DC and they said it was going to be better than the Arcade counter part i felt excited to even purchase a DC just to get my hands on MK Gold but when I ended playing it i realized that it wasnt the same as the arcade the feeling was there and even though the graphics were different i realized that it wasnt Arcade perfect like they said...and sure enough game magazines even said the same thing ....we really need and i mean really need an Arcade Perfect game of MK4 to be released on both PSN and Xbox Live if NRS was to release one for both consoles for 10 dollars i mean i would even buy it for 30 and im not talking MK Gold for PS3 and Xbox 360 im talking MK 4 Revision 3

MK 4 was released in the Arcades so why cant NRS release an Arcade Classic game featuring all the MK Arcade hits of MK1 MK2 UMK3 and MK4 all Arcade Perfect now that would be worth selling especially if they worked through PSN and Xbox Live

I say 100% YES YES YES YES YES and many more times YES that MK4 should be released for PSN and Xbox Live i would love to see that happen after all it was the Last MK game made for the Arcades

I wouldn't mind seeing an arcade perfect MK4 released, both since I have a OCD-like need for completeness and also because a lot of people base their opinions of the game on the home ports. As stated prior, none of them did any justice to the game. All of the arcade MKs had home ports at a time where consoles couldn't match up quality wise. That's obviously no longer the case so they all should get their due.

I have a feeling the NRS team may be hesitant since MK4 was such a lightning rod game among fans. It's as if no one has a middle of the road opinion, it's either you love it or OMG WORST MK EVAR~!

Who knows, though. MK9 was a big hit, I have a feeling the Arcade Collection will sell huge too since it's only gong to be $10 for 3 classic games. Maybe we'll see a MK4 release to go with MK10.

i agree with above ^^ and also it would have to run on a mame emulation port. they still haven't been able to make it run perfectly on it because of some zeus chip dilemma. I've been trying to run mk4 on mame but it's slow as molasses even with my computer which has a butt load of ram. I would love to see them do this though!

The performance of MK4 on my computer running 64-bit MAME is just fine. However, none of the alpha blending effects seem to work and other graphical glitches go on also it's limited to the resolution the arcade version ran at which is 512x584. So it's not exactly ideal.... a real port would be appreciated by me.

I think a problem with MAME is they don't do 3D chip emulation using the native capability of the cards in your computer. They just do it all in software and for example the zeus chip isn't fully emulated. They once said they don't want to use something like direct3D for the emulation because each video card does things differently and for documentation purposes they have to do it the way they do it in software. After all being able to play games is technically a side effect of MAME it was meant for documentation purposes of the hardware it emulates.

Back in the day they (Midway) promised the PC version would be arcade perfect but they took the lazy way out and just ported the console versions. They just made ONE home version and ported it across to the three platforms it was on. The thing was even back then my 3D accelerator card (3Dfx) could have handled it if they would have made it closer to the arcade you could tell it was overpowering the anemic graphics they used in that port. The only advantage the PC version had over any other version was it ran at 640x680 or 800x600 which was the highest out of any version back then.

MK Gold seemed to have graphics closer to the arcade but it also seemed to have been very buggy too and it was also only for Dreamcast which was a disappointment. Unless they went in and cleaned up the bugs and finished up the newer characters it'd be better to port MK4 Revision 3. Speaking of which I remember how someone once ripped the models from that version to put into the PC version of MK4 and they worked and didn't affect the speed even on older hardware. Well.. as long as you had a good 3D card anyway ;)

Last edited:
i would love to have MK4 on PSN !
but make is MKG Arcade port to PS3 and 360. (i know MKG is not Arcade)

i would love to have MK4 on PSN !
but make is MKG Arcade port to PS3 and 360. (i know MKG is not Arcade)
No seriously I am hoping that NRS will release a PERFECT and i mean ARCADE PERFECT MK4 port of the game...I was hoping that they would have released one right after they came out with the first collection of Midway Treasures which takes us back to when Deception came out...then i thought well what if they made one for MK9 as the Grand Prize for beating all 300 challenge towers? Sadly :( no. i hope that if they do..it does need to be the exact Arcade Counter part MK 4 Reversion 3 not MKG because MKG was never an Arcade release

The OP's first language doesn't seem to be English, so that's probably why the title was misleading.

I wouldn't pay for MK4, personally.

LOL! What?!?! My first language IS English! And I speak it with greatness thank you very much!

...Back in the day they (Midway) promised the PC version would be arcade perfect but they took the lazy way out and just ported the console versions. They just made ONE home version and ported it across to the three platforms it was on. The thing was even back then my 3D accelerator card (3Dfx) could have handled it if they would have made it closer to the arcade you could tell it was overpowering the anemic graphics they used in that port. The only advantage the PC version had over any other version was it ran at 640x680 or 800x600 which was the highest out of any version back then....

No, no, no! The PSX, N64 AND PC versions were ALL different! It wasn't the "same exact" port spread over its three counterparts! You could definitely tell the PSX version was more blocky in graphics, where as the N64 version was SUPER smooth in graphics! PSX ver. had cinematics, N64 ver. had "in-grame" graphic clips. The lighting effects and Blood effects were also extremely noticeably different along EVERY single port! Sorry to say, but they were ALL different!

:p