Should Mortal Kombat 4 Arcade release on PSN and Live Marketplace?

MK9

I dont know about you guys... But I LOVED MK4! What I think would be a great idea, is for NRS to release an 'ARCADE-PERFECT' port of Mortal Kombat 4 with ONLINE play!

And release it for $9.99 or something like that on the PSN or Live Marketplace (Like they are doing with the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection). BUT, I dont want to see an MK4-Gold version (Dreamcast) because that was not an ARCADE release. Trust me, the graphics are VERY different!

I just want to see an 'ARCADE-PERFECT' port of Mortal Kombat 4 with ONLINE play sometime in the not to distant future! That would be CRAZY fun!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mortal Kombat 4 Arcade Port release on PSN and Live Marketplace

It should also have additional fatalities along with Meat have his own unique set of moves and fatalities.

Yeah.. I thought NRS would really release an arcade port of MK4..

You should change the title of this.

I wish people would stop with the misleading titles.

An Arcade Perfect Port of MK4 Rev 3.0 would be SWEET, would also love to get an Arcade Perfect Port of "The Grid" too.

An Arcade port would be great. I would like to see the models cleaned up slightly. Could likely just add some filter options to it. Also Rev. 3.0 obviously, but it would be cool to have Noob playable like one of the test revisions had for the MK4 Tour with a full move set.

Never played much of MK4, I DO remember playing it briefly on the N64 back in the day...i found the ability to throw projectiles at your opponent to be hilarious though! Lol I also agree that they should release this one as well. I mean, they're releasing 1-3...why not #4 as well?

The OP's first language doesn't seem to be English, so that's probably why the title was misleading.

I wouldn't pay for MK4, personally.

God no!! I didn't care for MK4 at all. It's best left as a memory and an example of where Midway drove the MK series off of a cliff.

There's no need to to re-live that agony.

I'd like to see this happen. Preferably with the Arcade Kollection coming out, but that probably won't happen. :(

Unless MK4's graphics are somewhat updated to HD (which I'm assuming is much easier to achieve than mk1-umk3 without affecting gameplay), I don't see this really selling on its own. (Agreeing with KornKombat) Maybe if this is included with The Grid? Even if MK4 isn't updated, I'd be fine with this kombo.

Either way, a re-release would be awesome. While I do place MK4 below MK1-UMK3, it still has its moments and it was the last arcade MK. I would love to play this online with friends.

I agree 100% with the guy that brought up this thread...for years since mk deception ive been waiting for a perfect MK4 Arcade Version 3 of the game to come out on the game systems for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 Exclusive with online play :) I hope this does happen in the near future cause MK4 was indeed one of my favorite MK games.