Ermac Thread - "We are Many, You are but One!"

Fox17

Ermac
~We are Many, You are but One!~

Ermactransp.png

Ermac is a ninja/sorcerer like warrior composed by many souls that gives him the power of telekinesis.​

About Ermac
Spoiler:
Bio
Spoiler:
Resides: Outworld
Race: Many Souls in One Body
Allingment: Evil
Affiliation: Shao Kahn’s Warrior
"As punishment for resisting Shao Kahn’s claim to the realm of Edenia, the souls of the vanquished were torn from their bodies and fused together to form the being now known as Ermac. Bent to Shao Kahn’s will, Ermac is his foremost enforcer. The essences of so many souls bound together give Ermac immense telekinetic power–an advantage that will destroy Earthrealm’s resistance to Shao Kahn’s rule."

Ending
Spoiler:

Playing as Ermac
Spoiler:
Layout & Simbols
Spoiler:
1 = Square/X
2 = Triangle/Y
3 = X/A
4 = Circle/B

Special Moves
Spoiler:
Force Ball: D, B, 2
Airblast: D, B, 2 (in Air)
Force Lift: D, B, 1
Force Push: B, F, 1
Force Port: D, B, 4
Hover Slam: D, D, U (hold Block to charge)
Psychic Palm: B+2 (hold)

Enhanced Moves
Spoiler:
Focus Ball: D, B, 2 + Block
Force Blast: D, B, 2 + Block (in Air)
Telelift: D, B, 1 + Block
Telepush: B, F, 1 + Block
Teleport: D, B, 4 + Block
Levitate Smash: D, D, U + Block (hold Block to charge)

Basic Combos
Spoiler:
Ermac Rush: 1,2,1
Mysterious Mash: F+1,1,4
Fusion: B+1,1,4
We Win: B+1,2,F+1
Lost Souls: B+2,1,F+2
Surrender: 3,1,2
Disoriented: B+3,4
Controlled Chaos: F+4,B+2

Complex Combos
Spoiler:
Combo Starters
(The combo starters can be continued with a Force Lift to continue a longer combo then, or can be continued by a Force Ball or a Force Push but the combo will end there)
B+1,1,4... *most damaging*
F+1,1...
1,2... *fastest*
B+2,B+1 *the most damaging when is almost fully charged*

Normal Combos
30/20%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - Force Push
34%------ 1,2 - Dash - B+1,2,F+1 - Force Port - Force Push
36%------ 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2,2 - Force Push
38/28%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - Dash - 2,2 - Force Push
40/30%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Force Push
42/32%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2 - Force Push

Enhanced Combos
45/36%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 – xTelelift - JK - Force Port - xTelepush
48/38----- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 – xTelelift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2 - xTelepush

X-Ray Combos
46/37%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 – X-ray
48%------ 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2,2 - X-ray
54/45%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - X-ray
54/46%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - Dash - 2,2 - X-ray
55/46%--- B+1,1,4 / 1,2 - Force Lift - JK - Force Port - X-ray
59%------ B+2,B+1 (ch. 75%)- Force Lift - JK - Force Port - X-ray
60%------ B+2,B+1 (ch. 75%)- Force Lift - JK - Force Port - Dash - 2 - X-ray

Psychic Palm Reset
68%------ [JP,B+1,1,Force Lift,JK,Force Port][B+2,B+1,X-Ray]
(by ST3RL1NGXS1LV3R)

Finishers
Spoiler:
Mind Over Splatter: D, U, D, D, Block (jump)
Pest Control: F, B, F, D, 4 (jump]
Stage Fatality: D, U, D, D, 3 (touch)
Babality: D, D, B, D, 2(jump)

Tactics
Spoiler:
Levitation Deception
This is a very simple way to confuse a rival. You have to perform a Hover Slam (D,D,U) and inmediatly, when your at the top you are available to do some moves, normally your rival will stop blocking and will try to wait for the moment of your slam to jump, or in some cases, they will start to jump all the time, so when you are at the top you can perform a force port or a teleport move to hit the opponent, if they get to close or try to hit you while you are in the air, use an airblast.
It has to be fast, once you are more than a second in the top you cannot perform a special move.

Anti-Jumpers
You have to to stop them while they are in the air because they cant block, if they are jumping at medium or long range you should use the force push but if they are jumping at short range you should use the force lift. Teleport move works too no matter the distance.
Using the force lift you can continue with a longer combo and do great damage.

Anti-Spammers
You can use your teleport move to hit them from behing while they are spamming you with projectiles. Ermac's teleport is not the fastest so maybe some fast projectiles will catch you (like scorpion's spear or strykers shots) so what you can do is jump back and while you are in the middle of the air you force port or teleport to hit them.

Anti-Blockers
High-blockers: you can approach them and use a sweep or the the Psychic Palm (B+2) works too but needs to be charged at max.
Low-blockers: you can use his Low Leg (U+4) that is an overhead, it so it hits ducking or low-blocking opponent.

Notorious J.I.Z. Basic Strategy
Ermac's basic nature is the zone game. Force Push (has faster recovery than lift) to maintain spacing, keep those rushdown characters out. When playing a zoning character, general strategy is to be very wary of the teleport, you can even attempt to bait it by throwing out 1 or 2 force pushes then just blocking. Once they pass your "force push" comfortability, you can easily punish jump ins, blocked attacks, and whiffed moves with a lift to j.fp, teleport, dash, 2, 2, push(or xray) for decent damage. Remember not to get overzealous, Ermac by nature really IS a zoning character, you have to play the patience game. All you REALLY need for Ermac is good fundamentals, for getting a lift on them will deal at the least 25% damage(I've found the combo I listed is very easy to pull off consistently, you can go for big damage but risk dropping the combo)

Multimedia
Spoiler:

Pictures
Spoiler:
Versus

Alternate Costume Concept
447px-Ermacalternate.png

Classic Costume Concept

X-Ray - Cannonball Slam
Spoiler:

Fatality 1 - Mind Over Splatter
Spoiler:

Fatality 2 - Pest Control
Spoiler:

Babality
Spoiler:

Visit Sub-Zero Thread and Reptile Thread too.

Last edited:
Finally, an Ermac thread!

Heres my contribution video

The move is cancellable to other special moves.

Thanks but i dont see a combo in taht video lol

If someone has more combos tell me them and ill add em.

Yeah not a combo but a good tactic. You can use that in match to confuse your opponent, you have an option select.

Thanks but i dont see a combo in taht video lol

If someone has more combos tell me them and ill add em.

A simple combo is as follows:

Triangle, Triangle, Telekenetic Slam, Triangle, Triangle, Telekenetic Force (Back, Forward, Square)

A modification to this is you could add a standing jump kick after the telekenetic slam followed straight after by a teleport punch (In air) and then proceed with the Triangle, Triangle, Telekenetic Force (Back, Forward, Square)

Can use enhanced moves but not necessary

I have a combo for Ermac, fairly simple too..just gotta time the force push right. it goes..

(j.2,2,2 force lift) (back+3, 4, forcepush)

35% damage 9 hits i believe

***editted***(j.2,2,2 force lift) (back+3, 4, forceport then force push right after you teleport :)

dont think this one will work.. the forceport doesnt get to em in time :(

Last edited:
i have a slightly better set up also but it is more difficult and it goes like this...

Back+2, 1, forward+2,forceport , forcelift, dash, back+3, 4, forcepush

not sure the percentage on this one but im sure its about 40%!

i have a slightly better set up also but it is more difficult and it goes like this...

Back+2, 1, forward+2,forceport , forcelift, dash, back+3, 4, forcepush

not sure the percentage on this one but im sure its about 40%!

thanx but i already put this combo (40% Combo 10 Hits: B+1,1,4 - Force Lift - Jump and Kick - Force Port - Force Push)
It does the same damage and is way easier, but thanx :)

I was maining him when I first got my hands on the game and came up with a few combos. Since then I've moved on to a few others but I consider him one of my favorites and a decent option.

Only Mid he has that will hit a low block is U+4 and can't be combo out of. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Ermac has lots of combo possibilities and these are just a few examples. The first is my favorite simply because it has the uppercut to Force Push that I think is awesome. It may not be the most practical option but I haven't seen any other combo videos doing this yet so I thought I'd throw it in one of these listed. Hope these help some of you.

9 Hit 33% - F+1,1,4, Force Port, Force Lift, dash, Uppercut, dash cancel to Force Push
10 Hits 38% with EX Force Lift and Force Push. Uses 2 Bars
(NOTE: The uppercut needs to hit almost at the peak height to give enough time for the last push and the last Force Push can be tricky, The easiest way for me to hit it is to dash cancel back then hit F+1 to activate Force Push)

12 Hit 34% - F+1,1,4, Force Port, Force Lift, Dash, B+1,2,F+1, Dash, Force Push
13 Hits 37% with EX Force lift and Force Push. Uses 2 bars.

10 Hits 34% - B+1,1,4, Force Lift, Dash, B+2,1, Force Push
11 Hits 40% - EX Force Lift and Force Push

10 Hits 40% - B+1,1 4, Force Lift, Jump Kick, Force Port, Force Push
11 Hits 46% - EX Force Lift and Force Push

X RAY
11 Hits 56% - B+1,1,4, Jump Kick, Force Port, X Ray

Edit: Feel free to use all or none. Just wanted to open up some ideas for folks.

OK here's a combo that actually has variable damage between 29% and 44% its b2,b,1 force lift,jump kick,force port,dash uppercut obviously the damage is variable because b,2 is chargeable ironically though the 29% comes from a full charge the timing for the 44% is a little tricky but if you go into practice and the first hit nets you 9% damage you've found the sweet spot also note with zero charge this combo does 38% damage also of note you can replace the dash and uppercut with an xray for 55% damage at zero charge and 61% at optimum