MK4Strip by SORCERER tutorial.

tremor_209

Okay. I was disappointed and mad cause I spent nearly 20 minutes to make this tutorial lately, and when I posted it I was logged out and when I logged in the topic was posted but when I check the forum now. It is gone... So I'm made this new one.

Okay. I really don't have fun right now cause our pc is being reformatted. So I decided to share my hobby this past 4 days. I searched MK4 section and I saw some members requesting the MK4:E patch to change the character mods. Why not MOD it your own?

First you need these..
MK4Strip by SORCERER (if you want it PM me I dont have it right now)
Photo editing program (I suggest Photoshop and in partner with paint)
MK4 original FILESYS.DAT copy (I promise..You dont want to mess up with your MK4)

Okay.... Let's do it!!!

1.) Copy your original FILESYS.DAT and keep the original one.
2.) Paste the FILESYS copy to the MK4strip folder.
3.) Double click the Begin.BAT to decompile the files from the FILESYS.DAT
4.) After that Double click the Continue.BAT. This will convert the Unknown files to known files. like BMP, MP3. etc.
5.) The textures can be found in the VIEW folder. Go to VIEW and find the textures that you want to edit.
6.) Open the textures using a photo editing program. I really Suggest Photoshop and then save it to paint.
7.) If you edit those textures and having multiple layers. I suggest that you must merge all visible layers.
8.) After you merge the layers. Select the texture using the Marquee tool. And press ctrl+C (copy) and then open paint and paste the edited texture in the paint. And save it by replacing the original texture you edited.
9.) After you save it. Open the Command Prompt. and then Type "cd" twice.
After that do it like this. I will use mine...
C:\Documents and Settings\June>cd My Documents
" " June\My Documents>cd June Files
" " " My Documents\June Files>cd mk4strip
" " " " mk4strip>cd VIEW
" " " " VIEW> bmp2gfx (write the name of the file you edit)

example: C:\Documents and Settings\June\My Documents\June Files\mk4strip\VIEW>bmp2gfx r728-0.bmp and then press Enter.

10.) After that. Double click the COMPILE.BAT. this compile the files.
11.) After the Compiling of files. A new FILESYS will be created named as. "filesys.new".
12.) Delete the old filesys.dat in the mk4strip. And rename the filesys.new to filesys.dat .
13.) And copy it and replace the FILESYS.DAT in the MK4 folder. Be sure that you keep the original copy of it.

14.) And last.. Play MK4 and enjoy your mod!!!

If there are something that bugging you or having problem with this or you cant understand. Please feel free to ask.. :D

Last edited:
Okay. I was disappointed and mad cause I spent nearly 20 minutes to make this tutorial lately, and when I posted it I was logged out and when I logged in the topic was posted but when I check the forum now. It is gone... So I'm made this new one.

Okay. I really don't have fun right now cause our pc is being reformatted. So I decided to share my hobby this past 4 days. I searched MK4 section and I saw some members requesting the MK4:E patch to change the character mods. Why not MOD it your own?

First you need these..
MK4Strip by SORCERER (if you want it PM me I dont have it right now)
Photo editing program (I suggest Photoshop and in partner with paint)
MK4 original FILESYS.DAT copy (I promise..You dont want to mess up with your MK4)

Okay.... Let's do it!!!

1.) Copy your original FILESYS.DAT and keep the original one.
2.) Paste the FILESYS copy to the MK4strip folder.
3.) Double click the Begin.BAT to decompile the files from the FILESYS.DAT
4.) After that Double click the Continue.BAT. This will convert the Unknown files to known files. like BMP, MP3. etc.
5.) The textures can be found in the VIEW folder. Go to VIEW and find the textures that you want to edit.
6.) Open the textures using a photo editing program. I really Suggest Photoshop and then save it to paint.
7.) If you edit those textures and having multiple layers. I suggest that you must merge all visible layers.
8.) After you merge the layers. Select the texture using the Marquee tool. And press ctrl+C (copy) and then open paint and paste the edited texture in the paint. And save it by replacing the original texture you edited.
9.) After you save it. Open the Command Prompt. and then Type "cd" twice.
After that do it like this. I will use mine...
C:\Documents and Settings\June>cd My Documents
" " June\My Documents>cd June Files
" " " My Documents\June Files>cd mk4strip
" " " " mk4strip>cd VIEW
" " " " VIEW> bmp2gfx (write the name of the file you edit)

example: C:\Documents and Settings\June\My Documents\June Files\mk4strip\VIEW>bmp2gfx r728-0.bmp and then press Enter.

10.) After that. Double click the COMPILE.BAT. this compile the files.
11.) After the Compiling of files. A new FILESYS will be created named as. "filesys.new".
12.) Delete the old filesys.dat in the mk4strip. And rename the filesys.new to filesys.dat .
13.) And copy it and replace the FILESYS.DAT in the MK4 folder. Be sure that you keep the original copy of it.

14.) And last.. Play MK4 and enjoy your mod!!!

Feel free to ask.. :D

What kind of MK4 MOD is this for on PC?!?! Like what does it do/ change?...

What kind of MK4 MOD is this for on PC?!?! Like what does it do/ change?...

Yup! It's for PC. MODding you chars. Like if want to redisgn their clothes, face or recolor their skin tones and suites.
Like this. I made this, this past days.

Jarek as Kano
kanojarek.png

jarekfatality.jpg

kanojarek.jpg

MK3 Subzero
This sub zero is not the real edited pic. I was unable to capture the subzero model.
I'll try maybe next week.
subzeroc.png

Reptile Human with reptile eyes
reptilew.png

Last edited:
Awesome man! Really great work. Love the Reptile (Human skin + classic costume version)

;)

Thanks! If you look at it closely in game. I made his eyes as a reptile eyes. The sub zero one is just a W.I.P . I finished sub zero the last day I manage to keep his MK:DA Hair and MK3 costume.