Anyone else hate the music in this game?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I for one cannot stand the music in this game.
There are definitely some great ones (Armory, Shang's Garden, and Living Forest), but the majority is just your typical box office "epic" music.

I know that I can switch the music to the Klassics, but I was really looking forward to some great remixes, the ones in this game just sound recycled from MKvsDC.

I'm not one to *****, but this really irks me. I miss the oriental vibe I got from playing MK. It was like I was directing a crazy Kung-Fu flick. Now its just a fighting game :(

Oh well, at least Sektor is still a badass :laugh:

Speaking for yourself buddy cause I LOVE the orchestral music in this game. Biggest difference between the orchestral EPIC music from Armageddon, DC Universe and Mortal Kombat 9 is that Dan Forden didnt do the music on Armageddon and DC Universe and it shows.

My favorite theme song in the whole game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPcAmfm4kAQ

Yeah I hate that music for fighting games.
Adventure games? Sure.
Shooting games? Hell yeah.

But not fighting games.

I personally miss MK4's fast paced tribal/eerie sounding music.

MK2-3 had the best music, IMO. I feel like all stages should have been remixed, as well as the Pit (Day/Night/Bottom) needed different songs for each. All stages that don't have direct classic themes could have been assigned them...I miss The Bank's amazing music.

Love MK4 character select, it's my 2nd fav (UMK3 being 1)....I do wish they made the game a big more ....I don't know, lively. It takes itself pretty seriously with all the slow, dramatic stage music and select screen music, etc.

Music doesn't really bother me too much, but I guess I hadn't really paid that close attention to it. I'll take a closer listen.

I thought some of the tracks were alright, but most are awesome. I really like The Courtyard, The Cathedral, The Pit and Kahn's Koliseum. But the Wasteland kinda sucks.

Music doesn't really bother me too much, but I guess I hadn't really paid that close attention to it. I'll take a closer listen.

I don't hate the music but this is my issue with it, it just blends in and never really pops. It may as well not have a sound track because I just don't really hear it while playing.

There are definitely some great ones (Armory, Shang's Garden, and Living Forest), but the majority is just your typical box office "epic" music.

I know that I can switch the music to the Klassics, but I was really looking forward to some great remixes, the ones in this game just sound recycled from MKvsDC.

I'm not one to *****, but this really irks me. I miss the oriental vibe I got from playing MK. It was like I was directing a crazy Kung-Fu flick. Now its just a fighting game :(

I completely agree with ya. They're pretty generic and forgettable. Honestly, after the first few matches, I didn't even hear the music anymore. And that's unfortunate. From then on I just listen to my own music while playing.

I don't hate it, but I am a bit disappointed with some of the redone classic music, and extremely disappointed with the redone Wasteland music. It bares almost no resemblance at all to the original track, which was always my favorite.

At any rate, MK's music has never really been "my style" (I'm a metal guy), and I greatly prefer symphonic music to techno, so my enjoyment of the classic tunes while still having problems with the redone music is probably more due to nostalgia than anything else.

I'm exxxxxtremely disappointed with the Temple/Evil Monastery music. It sounds absolutely nothing like it imo. Wtf is it supposed to sound like? And why isn't there a portal stage?

For the most part, I don't really like the music in MK9. They all feel too Warner Bros-ish and not like MK. The Armory music is great, and I like the music for The Rooftop and The Courtyard, as well. But the music for Scorpion's Lair and The Temple are honestly not good at all; they don't even resemble the original tracks for them.

MK4 definitely had the best music in the 3D era, I just love all of the music in the endings, maybe even more than the endings themselves.

Damn, I didn't remember MK4 having that great of music! But...that was a different time, different place, and the MK music as it stands now fits and I am very much satisfied in 2011.

i didnt really like it at the beginning but it has started to grow on me a little. as someone said before, i do sense a little warner bro-ish type music in there but at the same time i sense the mk in it too. and i would have to agree that the mk2/mk3/umk3/mkt era had the best music.

I think the music in MK9 is pretty cool.
I'm just pissed that I can't play my own music while play the game (PS3 Version)

Are you using the XBOX-360 version of the game? If so... visit the link under my "signature" and you will find a fully down-loadable EXCLUSIVE MK9 custom soundtrack version usable for your game! Hopefully they shall release a PS3 "custom soundtrack" PATCH that will fix this for the final build version of the game on the PS3 platform!!!!!

Cheers!

MK9 custom soundtrack: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/17430-OFFICIAL-MK9-CUSTOM-SOUNDTRACK-for-PS3

;)

Well, I was very disappointed with most of the music in this game. Most of the stage music sounds the same. And as for the character select music? TERRIBLE!! I still don't understand why they use electric guitar sounds for it. I would have preferred for NRS to stick the whole asian theme for the entire game like they did with MK1