If Hard Drive Pines Get Broken...

Albert-Severino

Hi.

The thing is, I have this hard drive, because I coolocated the HD belt wrong two pines got blended, when I tried to put them straight again they got broken inmediatly... Altough my teachings learned on PC repair are "if the hardware itself got damaged, replace it with a new one" I say it's WAY too unfair that I have to pay for that hardrive just because of two f***'n almost-microscopical pines got broken!

I hope some of you guys could give me some light on this... Is there a way that this happens often ('cause I think it does) and it can be repaired with no problem? Or should I be thinking on getting my pockets empty because of this "frustrating inccident?

Well, if you're typing with the computer with the broken pins on the HD, they don't seem to have been all that important. Unless that is the reason your post is damn near impossible to decipher.

A few suggestions-
*buy a new one

*steal a new one

*send it back and have them ship you a new one

*don't force anything when working on delicate hardware

*Borrow a friends and never return it (make sure it's one of those pseudo friends)
If you couldn't tell, most of this was meant to have a sarcastic tone, so don't hate!

Actually, the disc I'm talking about is useless right now (it used to be a slave). And, the pines I talk about are those that have a lot of teeth (excuse the untechnical reference), that are usually placed like this: Power pines, Master/Slave select pines, then the pines I say, where you plug the HD belt that also goes plugged in your CD-Rom drive...

It's so damn simple to think that if I plug a little cable that traspasses the information into the belt instead of the broken pines, it should work... Now working with that idea someone has something better to say: if someone actually understood me this time around.

BTW: if I did that to a friend I wouldn't be really his friend.

So you broke the pins on the side of the hard drive where it's supposed to be connected to the motherboard? If that is the case, you will need new pins. They do not sell pins like this, anywhere. I suggest you just get a new hard drive and actually look at the connectors instead of forcing the motherboard connector into the socket when it could be going in the wrong side, which would bend the pins. The connector cannot go in either way, so you must look at both sides to make sure the pins and holes are aligned correctly.

And yes, this is serious what you did. Even though those pins are almost microscopic, they transfer data, and because 2 broke off, the hard drive will not be able to transfer all the bits it needs, which will make it not work.

Crap!

And by the way, I didn't broke them, was my brother, I'm way too careful with these stuffs, on my free time I repair PCs to earn the extra money... However, it sucks a new one is the only solution. Altough, I think is like when your original power connector (the one that plugs into the wall) from any device gets broken, being good or not, you can still plug it with the naked cables, and will still work, I hope there's not difference with this...

My Naruto episodes were all in there, and I haven't finished watching not even half of them.

And: I give way too much explanations on my issues and theories because my main languaje is not english, so I have to go through the long way.

Problem Solved!

About two people only got interested in this thread: one to flame the hell out of me and the other to try to helping me out with his opinion. The only common thing between the "flamer" and the "helper" was both of them thought the same solution for the issue: warranty or money out of pocket for a new one (ouch to that last)... Since I didn't have the warranty, nor did I want to take money out that easy, I searched myself for another solution: an electrictian!

Guess what? Problem solved: he adapted two new pins, or cables that would serve for the same, and the disc is working as good as before! The guy didn't even know what was the device I gave him to fix, but he had the logical with devices, I knew how to explain him what to do and, voila!

So, hope you guys, and some others who might be reading learn something: computer hardware is not fully recycable, you can get a way out with these if needed!

Animation Program please

Can someone give me a link to somewhere that will let me downlaod a program where i get to make animated MK fakes, or a short film of my own?

Thanx,
Noob-Ermac

Why does my norton firewall blocks your chatroom?

my firewall doesn't block any other mkchatrooms so I can't understand why it blocks this.
Can I trust you people? :lol:
Help!

You need to tell it not to block it, you can trust us. The problem is that our website loads the Java Chat program on our machine and then connects to a different server for the chatroom, not our server. Sadly nothing at this time we can do about that.

Patrick McCarron said:
You need to tell it not to block it, you can trust us. The problem is that our website loads the Java Chat program on our machine and then connects to a different server for the chatroom, not our server. Sadly nothing at this time we can do about that.
Pfft, that's what they all say.

But yeah, just put "Unblock" and it should work.

Patrick McCarron said:

No! No! Don't trust Pat he doesn't know what he's talking about! The chat allows us to do evil things to your body and mind. It's kinda like Red Bull, but we don't give you wings.