Tips for noob players

CyRaX1

ALWAYS try and use shadow run as much as possible.

Lure your opponent in , then use shadow upknee. GREAT for anti-air.

Make sure to throw shadow slides out to, alot of players will block high, instead of low.

Dont spam Teleport too much, as it can be blocked and punished.

Ghost balls are good to throw out before your X-RAY, try and land your ghost ball though.

Black holes are good, but can be slow at times. If you land a black hole, shadow up knee+ shadow run.. good quick 2 hit combo.

X,Y,X -(triple punch)

Foward - A,A,A (triple kick) 16%

Back- Y,X,B ( No compassion)

These 3 combos are good and standard/quick damaging combos from noob.

If you can set the other player up with the EVIL TWIN COMBO, followed by shadow slide. Good damage 6 hit.

Back+ X, Y,X,B, + Shadow slide.

Try and mix up your moves with Noob, alot of opponents look for the shadows, but when your in close, hit them with quick combos, then back out, SPACE with shadows. Lure them in.

My conclusion to noob is that although he doesnt have long hit mid-screen combos, he makes up for it with the 3 shadow moves he has. Ghostballs are key too. And if you can mix up teleport with the quick combos he has, opponents can handle the quickness.

:)THANKS , This is my view about noob, just wanted to help any players out who are confused, and yes i do play on expert.

I simply cannot use Noob Saibot.

He has a great story and amazing moves, but he just isn't for me. Which is sad because I was really looking forward to him when he was revealed :(

i understand, alot of people simply cant play with him just because his shadows are hard to pull off quick.

i understand, alot of people simply cant play with him just because his shadows are hard to pull off quick.

Thats not it. I can pull of his shadows like its no ones business, I just don't like playing that way.

think of it as 1,2,3,4. everyone will know his combos if they look. i wass just simply stating the good and quick ones...

He has a great story and amazing moves, but he just isn't for me. Which is sad because I was really looking forward to him when he was revealed :(

I feel the same way about sektor

he looked so cool, and his moves are sweet, but his move inputs are totally absurd and weird...

Exactly what I was going to type, I wanted to main him and he just doesn't fit my play style. Very unfortunate I wanted to main him and Smoke, I love Smoke :D
This thread is for Noob players? or for n00b players? lol

At first I thought it was for n00b players, then I read it, and saw it was for noob players... :p

alot of people dont use noob saibot because his play style is different. relying alot on his shadows. but if you can do a quick 3 hit combo followed by + shadow slide, or shadow run.. maybe Enhance it. Follw up noobs combos with his shadws or teleslam.

ALWAYS try and use shadow run as much as possible.

Lure your opponent in , then use shadow upknee. GREAT for anti-air.

Make sure to throw shadow slides out to, alot of players will block high, instead of low.

Dont spam Teleport too much, as it can be blocked and punished.

Ghost balls are good to throw out before your X-RAY, try and land your ghost ball though.

Black holes are good, but can be slow at times. If you land a black hole, shadow up knee+ shadow run.. good quick 2 hit combo.

X,Y,X -(triple punch)

Foward - A,A,A (triple kick) 16%

Back- Y,X,B ( No compassion)

These 3 combos are good and standard/quick damaging combos from noob.

If you can set the other player up with the EVIL TWIN COMBO, followed by shadow slide. Good damage 6 hit.

Back+ X, Y,X,B, + Shadow slide.

Try and mix up your moves with Noob, alot of opponents look for the shadows, but when your in close, hit them with quick combos, then back out, SPACE with shadows. Lure them in.

My conclusion to noob is that although he doesnt have long hit mid-screen combos, he makes up for it with the 3 shadow moves he has. Ghostballs are key too. And if you can mix up teleport with the quick combos he has, opponents can handle the quickness.

:)THANKS , This is my view about noob, just wanted to help any players out who are confused, and yes i do play on expert.

I love me some noob. No one inflicts more raqe quit than a noob saibot spamming shadows. I love it.

OP, some more good info for fellow noob players.

Shadow knee is safe on block. Meaning you can throw it in at the end of combo's so the opponent can't punish you.

2,1,2 shadow slide - this combo is tough to block because the second hit is an overhead, the combo is fast, and the slide is low. When they start blocking the full combo + slide, either throw a knee in at the end instead of slide, OR cut the combo short and throw him (2,1 throw).

If you corner him, 2,1,2 EX ghostball will reverse their controls. This will make them go nuts because if you throw a portal hole they will try to jump it. Guess what, jump is now crouch lol.

edit: forgot his EX knee is a great wake up attack if they are close. Throw a shadow dude right after for a nice wake up combo.

2,1,2 Xray is also a great combo doing 40 something damage. VERY easy to cross up into with a jump punch.

Noob is one of my main and I use him a lot so I give you an advice : if you manage to hit the opponent with black hole, try the 1st or the 2nd combo in this video:

is not so hard and really useful! at the end if you want to keep distant your opponent you can use shadow run instead of teleport

Last edited: