Worried about MK: Shaolin Monks' continuity with the story

Are any of you guys kind of worried that MKSM might not hold continuity with the rest of the series?

I read the GI article and, well, I read that the reason you fight Kitana is because she's being brainwashed by Shao Kahn, but in the MK2 game, Kitana's bio says that she was "seen talking to an Earthrealm warrior" and that "only Kitana knows her own true intentions." Now, I interpret that as Kitana sneaked off and started talking to the MK2 heroes about how to beat their opponents, or at least warning them of certain things. So, if she was a good guy from the start in a way, how can she be brainwashed by Shao Kahn?

Well, Kitana is Kahn's adopted daughter, and was originally an assassin for him. So she wasn't a good guy from the start. At least, if she was, she hid her intentions because she didn't want to die at Kahn's hands. Either way, she still ended up killing a whole mess of people for Kahn.

And no, I'm not worried about continuity issues.

the story and links between the characters are, to me, the most important thing about MK. the mythology is HUGE and it would be a shame to see it changing by the release of each subsequent game.

I agree with johnnyuppercut. I'm sure things would make sense when you play the game Scar. I'm sure everything the creators of the games storyline and everything else are taking precautions to make the game good and not bad.