Sonya Thread - "Mission Accomplished"

Sonya Blade is awesome. I think her fight introduction is kinda lame though, she just runs into the match and talks to her arm, WTF?

i wish i could have a decent convo with my arm, it never responds

I went to this hypnotist show where a guy was hypnotized into thinking his hand could talk and it was hilarious. Then I got hypnotized into dancing like a maniac every time "All The Single Ladies" came on. 'Sigh'. I wish that it wasn't on youtube............

For the love of god please don't look up "MVMS Hypnotist Man has Baby". Seriously, don't. Alright alright you can if you want to. If you see it, look for the kid on the end in red. Congradulations! You've just seen a ten year old me!

I went to this hypnotist show where a guy was hypnotized into thinking his hand could talk and it was hilarious. Then I got hypnotized into dancing like a maniac every time "All The Single Ladies" came on. 'Sigh'. I wish that it wasn't on youtube............

For the love of god please don't look up "MVMS Hypnotist Man has Baby". Seriously, don't. Alright alright you can if you want to. If you see it, look for the kid on the end in red. Congradulations! You've just seen a ten year old me!
lol i got something equally as embarrassing me dancing to viva las vegas when i was like 8 or so .......lucky its not on youtube :p

is it my imagination or does Sonya have a amazing amount of options close up? i used to think noob was a good player i close up fighting so i can easily be wrong she just seems to have plenty of options close up

Learning to play Sonya can be SOOOO annoying. That b2,1,f2 move is really hard to get sometimes. So many times I get a stupid laser beam instead of the combo. I've even seen it on the Sonya youtube video - the guy was trying to demonstrate her combos and he kept firing the stupid laser on accident as well. The game should try and figure out what it is we're trying to do a little bit better than it does.

Learning to play Sonya can be SOOOO annoying. That b2,1,f2 move is really hard to get sometimes. So many times I get a stupid laser beam instead of the combo. I've even seen it on the Sonya youtube video - the guy was trying to demonstrate her combos and he kept firing the stupid laser on accident as well. The game should try and figure out what it is we're trying to do a little bit better than it does.
I Agree Other Warriors Have Super Easy To Do Popup Combo That Possible Repeat It And Get Easy High Damage ... With Sonya I Not Use Her b2,1,f2 ...

Sadly that move alone has made me quit Sonya. Especially since it was supposed to be one of here BnB combo setups. And with the multiple other controller like glitches in the game I've been considering giving up MK all together. My friends and I are super into it and when stupid shit happens - like the laser being fired for no reason...or some negative edge reason I suppose....we literally have meltdowns, throwing the controllers etc. People legitimately pissed off. And I think it's really due to two things: software and control pads.

The first is the software - trying to guess what we want usually doesn't work...well at least on in MK. I've had plenty of surprises that were sometimes helpful but most of the time the negative edge just ****s up my plan. In terms of the controller, doing back forward can be difficult sometimes because the control pad is all one button. If left, right, up, and down were all discrete buttons, we wouldn't have any of these issues. back forward circle so often makes me jump because I pressed on the superior aspect of the left button which must have made the whole controller roll up just a teensy bit - enough to register as an up command. Which means while I'm trying to make my move work my character is making retarded jumps in the screen. In a real game this is just infuriating, especially when people are trash talking etc. With hundreds of hours of play under our belts you'd think that we'd have back circle down like a piece of cake, and I do get it to work most of the time. But even it if doesn't work some of the time, it's EXTREMELY annoying.

As fun as this game could be. I'm starting to feel really frustrated by it.

Sadly that move alone has made me quit Sonya. Especially since it was supposed to be one of here BnB combo setups. And with the multiple other controller like glitches in the game I've been considering giving up MK all together. My friends and I are super into it and when stupid shit happens - like the laser being fired for no reason...or some negative edge reason I suppose....we literally have meltdowns, throwing the controllers etc. People legitimately pissed off. And I think it's really due to two things: software and control pads.

The first is the software - trying to guess what we want usually doesn't work...well at least on in MK. I've had plenty of surprises that were sometimes helpful but most of the time the negative edge just ****s up my plan. In terms of the controller, doing back forward can be difficult sometimes because the control pad is all one button. If left, right, up, and down were all discrete buttons, we wouldn't have any of these issues. back forward circle so often makes me jump because I pressed on the superior aspect of the left button which must have made the whole controller roll up just a teensy bit - enough to register as an up command. Which means while I'm trying to make my move work my character is making retarded jumps in the screen. In a real game this is just infuriating, especially when people are trash talking etc. With hundreds of hours of play under our belts you'd think that we'd have back circle down like a piece of cake, and I do get it to work most of the time. But even it if doesn't work some of the time, it's EXTREMELY annoying.

As fun as this game could be. I'm starting to feel really frustrated by it.

thats why i say the "silver" xbox controller is the best bet for fighting games such as this, but damn its made so poorly i have broken to directional pads in a months time. I loved that controller cause of the button input was superb but tht plastic directional pad isnt all to great.

on the other note i started practicing with Sonya last night and i must say "why havent i discovered her so long ago?" I main reptile, im good with sub, been working on Noob (but thats a challenge, with him being so damn basic); but never would pick/or work with a female kharacter. In the MKII days i played as Milleena alot, sure glad i have found fresh air with Miss Blade.

I Have Ps3 & Dual Shock 3 Controller Is Cool Almost Perfect For Anny Game D Pad Not Bad To It Works In Mk for Me =) & Sonya Users Not Forget Her Extra Simple But Extra Useful Moves Like >O (Not Know On Box What Button Maybe >4) She Do Kick That Can Hit If Opponent Block Low Or If He Are Uppercut Lover And Try Crouch loot . Other Cool Kick Is <X (Maybe <3) I do <X After Blocking Teleporter That Way He Is Kicked So Hard & Far That 80% If I Shoot Purple Ring He Not Ready To Block It =) Also Her Tackle Move Can Hit If Opponent Crouched Or Block Low . Best Combo Starter With Her From Air vO,O,v>X ... (v4,4,v>3 ...) And Cool Combo Starter Is >Triangle,Triangle,v>X ... (>2,2,v>3 ...)
(OH YOU KISS MY LITTLE KISS WHY YOU SO DAMN USELESS ???)

So is anyone on here able to get B2,1,F2 to work consistently without firing the laser? My friends and I have tried to dissect what our problem could be - holding a certain button too long etc., but the commands on the screen (in training mode) can stay the same and it can feel like I'm doing nothing different, yet I still get the laser beam every so often. There must be some nuance that I'm not aware of screwing things up, but honestly this seems to be more of a glitch than anything else. It shouldn't be THAT difficult to consistently pull off a basic combo.

Simply Just Forget Stupid B2,1,F2 If I Try It Also Shoot Sometimes . So Why Try Do Hard Combo Anyway ? Online Need Easy Combos That Do Big Damage . If Try Do Hard Combos Noob Liu Kill You In Seconds With Extra Easy Combo . Or Ermac His Special Reach Half Screen & 100% Can Stop Anny Combo You Do From Far Or Close !!!

So is anyone on here able to get B2,1,F2 to work consistently without firing the laser? My friends and I have tried to dissect what our problem could be - holding a certain button too long etc., but the commands on the screen (in training mode) can stay the same and it can feel like I'm doing nothing different, yet I still get the laser beam every so often. There must be some nuance that I'm not aware of screwing things up, but honestly this seems to be more of a glitch than anything else. It shouldn't be THAT difficult to consistently pull off a basic combo.
yeah it works if you hold back and press2,1 then only press forward when you need to press 2 again, after a bit of practice I can do the directions in one smooth motion on my d-pad. I've heard the laser thing is due to negative edge.

It's the negative edge you have to train your self not to mash buttons and actually press b2 1 f2

i found 2 sonya combo that are pretty darn easy for the damage.

refined.
Jip,b+2,1,cartwheel,f+2,2Exleggrab, 36%

i was doingthis before.
Jip,b+2,1,f+2, b+2,1cartwheel,1,1,Ex Leg Grab. for 38%

and 3,1,2,leg grab,27% is a good little combo for decent damage.

need to recheck the damage, but its around there.

just thought i'd share.