SoulCalibur V Confirmed

As a person who thought SC4 was a pretty good game (nowhere NEAR SC2) I want to know what was bad about it? I never played it as seriously as MK games so I'd appreciate some insight. :)

SCII was a good game and a big improvement for SC but nothing truly beats Soul Edge imho. The rest of the series hasn't impressed me much (SC, 3, 4). I think the main reason Soul Edge was so good and popular in the Arcades back in the day was the fact it was the only well done 3D weapon fighter at the time. Battle Arena was just a horrible game and the only other weapon fighters that were good were 2D (Samurai Showdown and Last Blade).

SCIV's system is button masher friendly plain and simple. Many Soul series fans were upset because of this and it apparently impacted online and ppl using turbo buttons as well.

Too bad. Shura was my favorite extra character in SCIV too. But still nice to see the game confirmed. It's not my favorite fighting game series, but I'm still a fan.

I'm glad this game is coming out. I've been looking for another fighter to get excited about.

SCII was a good game and a big improvement for SC but nothing truly beats Soul Edge imho. The rest of the series hasn't impressed me much (SC, 3, 4). I think the main reason Soul Edge was so good and popular in the Arcades back in the day was the fact it was the only well done 3D weapon fighter at the time. Battle Arena was just a horrible game and the only other weapon fighters that were good were 2D (Samurai Showdown and Last Blade).

SCIV's system is button masher friendly plain and simple. Many Soul series fans were upset because of this and it apparently impacted online and ppl using turbo buttons as well.

i really was always a fan of 1 and 2. but when it came down to sc4 and online play it was a awful *bad* everyone i knew kept using the over powered starwars charecters. and kept abuseing the apprentice. and anytime i would get close to winning a match people would run away.

those were my experiences anyway. either way its not fun for me to play online. i did however enjoy the game and do enjoy playing the game every now and then for kicks tho. :)

souledge is awsome too ^_^ i'm happy they are makeing another one.

I played SC from 2 to 4
I loved SC2, and it remains my favourite. the 4th game was cool and all but I didn't really see the big improvement we'd been waiting for, good game tho.

As characters my favs are Tira, Yoshimitsu, Voldo and Cervantes. I like Nightmare's character but I don't really play with him.
I wonder what guest character they'll have if they have any. They had Heihachi from tekken, Link, Kratos, Apprentice and Yoda/Vader from SW and IDK if I'm forgetting someone.

Only other one I can think of is Necrid from Soul Calibur 2, and the guest characters in the 4th one, Shura, and whatever the rest of those characters names were.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, heres the teaser trailer:

They also released these:

Patroklos (Sophitia's son I think)
patroklos1280.jpg

Siegfried
siegfried1280.jpg

swordart.jpg

I played SC2, 3, and 4 and they were pretty fun to play, even though I kinda sucked at it lol. The character creation in 3 and 4 was pretty awesome, but I never got a chance to finish SC III's Tales of Souls Mode because my data corrupted and I couldn't delete it. :(

@mkray41

thanx for sharing the trailer and charecter art./concepts :)

No problem :)
Some Soul Calibur V info via IGN:

As we reported yesterday, Sophitia's children will play a central role in the story -- specifically her son Patroklos. Soul Calibur V will take place 17 years after Soul Calibur IV and represents a "generational shift" in the series. As you Soul Calibur fanatics might already know, Patroklos and his sister Pyrrha were touched by the evil of Soul Edge as children and might now be bound to the sword's fate. Perhaps one will fight for good and the other for evil? Additionally, both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur have new designs and are now short swords as opposed to two-handed weapons. The story of Soul Calibur V will touch on this change in some way.

During the presentation, Tago stressed that the developers at Project Soul want the combat in Soul Calibur V to feel light and elegant. Moves and combos will be easier to execute and more approachable for newcomers. Tago also noted that the team is focused on enhancing the online experience.

During the question and answer segment of the presentation, Tago revealed that character creation will return, as well as the appearance of guest characters (Darth Vader and Yoda showed up in Soul Calibur IV). Old favorites like Siegfried will also return, but will have aged significantly.

I wonder who the guess characters will be?

Found some more info:
-The main character is Patroklos, son of Sophitia. Patroklos is "inspired" by the gameplay of Sophitia, but is "sharper" and "more agile". He has new moves, but they're all inspired by Sophitia's.

-V takes the Siegried ending of IV and builds upon it. Seigfried, now 39 years old, no longer wields the Soul Calibur sword.

-Tago on the shift in gameplay: "Maybe the hardcore fans will be afraid that we lose the core of the gameplay, but that's not the case. And for new players it's nice to have gameplay that is more continuous – you don't need to wait as much between moves.

-The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

I want to see how the creation mode will look.
(I loved creating them in SC4, I created Kratos, Subzero and others :p )

Create mode was absolute garbage in the last one. It was way better in SCIII than anything. They better step it up if they're going to put it back in.