SoulCalibur V Confirmed

did anyone hear, they replaced Taki with a new blonde ninja :( & Sophitia won't be playable. i'm actually pretty upset they are taking my favourite character out.

on the bright side, i'll get over it & main Pyrrah. & i love Ivy's new outfit!!

Yeah, it's too bad they replaced Taki. I wanted her to stay. Perhaps in the future they'll pull a Tekken 5 and bring some of these old characters back with altered movesets from their replacements?

New trailer:

looks exactly the same as part 4, and I was disgusted at how they used the epic Music from part 2 as if they are trying to compare it to part 2(as soul calibur 2 is a much superior game than 3 and 4 combined)

this series is in desperate need of a reboot if they cant even think of anything new

plus the new characters look like generic customs.

I just hope they bring back "Chronicles of the Sword"

The mode from 3 where you wander and beat ass, with strategy.

I officially hate Soul Callibur now. Wow. Not to be pessimistic but, I think this game is gonna suck some massive nutz, bro. I ain't holdin' my breath.

I hope Taki's in it, at least as a skin if anything. Wouldn't be surprised by it. Though I'm looking forward to the game, new "Taki" type character doesn't look bad, I forget her name. Lizardman, and Astaroth being in will be nice too.

the trailer left a bitter taste in my mouth. it's nothing new, i really hope it can rival SC2, that game was absolutely glorious!

I hope they have Create a Soul in SCV; half of the fun I had in SC3 and SC4 came from unlocking content to use on my custom character, even though Tower of Souls in SC4 induced huge quantities of salt in me.

Namco Bandai released new artworks for the now confirmed characters Hilde, Maxi, Tira and Voldo

You can see them (and maybe use them as a ressource already) in the updated SC V gallery there http://www.game-art-hq.com/soul-calibur-v-official-artworks/

I must say the designs and looks of the characters are weird.

The game plays 17 years after Soul Calibur IV, but some of the Characters didnt age one bit it seems. Especially Maxi and Hilde look exactly like in SC IV

Tira`s design changed again but she looks like 20-25 now maybe and not like the 34 old woman she should be now.

Voldo`s new design is of course again bizarre..what else was to expect :)

I am glad Hilde is back..i found her a pretty good design and a fun character to play with

I love soulcalibur, especially the first one. these new characters are yawn inducing tough especially the flat chested taki replacement. wtf is that? and most of the original cast needed not to return. sigfrieid looks like he should be partnered with roy (see what i did there) voldo imho has always sucked. i do like mitsurugi's new design, he's the only one that looks like he aged accordingly, and he's my main. ivy looks pretty hot for a broad pushin fifty. and the rest, meh. the new characters suck ass.

Starkiller was pretty solid in gameplay in SoulCalibur IV. Hard as Hell to beat him in arcade mode. anyways beat half of that tower thing using him, Yoshimitsu and Raphael. Anyways Hope they bring back Raphael, Cerventes,Yoshimitsu, Zasalemel, and Yun Seong back! Also would love to see Necrid (SCII) make another apperance. P.S. by Necrid i mean this guy
necrid-soul-calibur-ii-picture.jpg

Also Starkiller WAS in SCIV

Dun dun dun.

Not the best looking trailer, but it's whatever.

As long as you can be Nightmare and Siegfried i'm good.