SoulCalibur V Confirmed

I Liked The Way Both Consoles Got An Exclusive Like

PS3 Were The Bad Guys Cause They Got Darth Vader (no offense ps3 people).
And 360 Were The Good Guys Cause They Got Yoda.

Cant Wait To See The Gameplay.

im pretty sure sophitia will look & sound like SC3 sophitia, she sounded much older than sophitia in SC4, & im hoping 4 this outfit to make a return :D
sophitia06_2.jpg

I finally played a Soul Calibur game, and I have decided that I will not buy the new one because Shura wont be in it.

this series is in desperate need of a reboot, this looks exactly the same as part 4. They even brought back the same exact boat stage from the last game with no changes.

They need to go back to the style of Soul Calibur 2, cause everything looks too wacky and japanese now.
play part 2 If you want the best out of this series.the characters look proportional and reasonable at least in that game.part one is good as well.

I just hope they won't pull a Tekken 3 and remove most of the female characters from the previous game for them to never return or at least not return for a long time.

Sadly, in most fighting games (at least those targeted towards Western audiences), the female characters are treated as second class citizens, at best -- with Dead or Alive as one notable exception.

Last edited:
They need to go back to the style of Soul Calibur 2, cause everything looks too wacky and japanese now.
play part 2 If you want the best out of this series.the characters look proportional and reasonable at least in that game.part one is good as well.

I agree. Soul Calibur 2 was the only one I owned and liked. I loved Ivy in that one.

this series is in desperate need of a reboot, this looks exactly the same as part 4. They even brought back the same exact boat stage from the last game with no changes.

"japanese" is not a bad thing -- for me at least.

Last edited:
I actually really love her designs.

I can see that many would like her (Tira's) designs.

As for me, I made a character who had her fighting style but looked like a French-maid (inspired by Japanese maid-cafe maids...).

But custom characters are not the same as the official characters, somehow (i.g. they don't have a background or story).

KILIK,KILIK,KILIK FTW my fav character he's the shit, i like sophitia and ivy too along with nightmare and cervantes. i was hoping jade would have similar moves as KILIK thats why i wanted to main her i still like her though.

Found some interesting info:

via gameinformer.com :

The final roster will consist of 20 to 30 characters, and half of the fighters will be brand new. We saw two of them during a demo, and they're both Sophitia's children. Pyrrha is a dead ringer for her mother, and her fighting style appears to be very similar. Her younger brother Patroklos fights with a sword and an unorthodox stance. We saw a couple of rounds, but it was so early that it actually utilized some assets from Soul Calibur IV. The Soul Gauge meter and critical finishes are gone, but super moves will be available in some form.

We also learned that the game will feature a full story mode, improved online play, and extended community support.

They had better leave Astaroth in.

He may not be important to the story, but goddamnit is he a badass!

images

omg i played SC4 today & remembered amy!! omg she will probably look beautiful in SC5, she should have a role similar 2 kitana in MK9. loyal 2 her father but wants wats right 4 the world.

if they plan on making NEW characters, i hope they make a female whose an expert at using a steel fan(s) ;)

Courtesan_customized_by_ladyve-d3279d4.jpg

This is definitely a first day buy. Curious to see if this one features any guest characters.

Sadly, in most fighting games (at least those targeted towards Western audiences), the female characters are treated as second class citizens, at best -- with Dead or Alive as one notable exception.

Of course DoA is one notable exception; they stick their female fighters in Bikinis, and have them play Volleyball.

Oh wait. That sounds like they treat females as second class citizens, too.

There will be guest characters, Daishi has confirmed that on his twitter. He's also a huge Final Fantasy fan and has been hinting at trying to get some of the characters into the game. Not sure how I feel about that though.

There will be guest characters, Daishi has confirmed that on his twitter. He's also a huge Final Fantasy fan and has been hinting at trying to get some of the characters into the game. Not sure how I feel about that though.

Aww, Final Fantasy :(

I was hoping for something better.

It's not 100% confirmed. Just something he was hinting at, but he also said that it would be from a game that hasn't been in a fighter before.