SoulCalibur V Confirmed

I loved Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, but Soul Calibur II is probably my favorite in the series. I was always a fan of Mitsurugi & Nightmare. I was a little upset when Soul Calibur III came out as a Playstation exclusive, so my anticipation for Soul Calibur IV was immense. Sadly, I came away dissapointed. One thing for sure was its Challenge Tower, which I found insanely difficult, putting the MK Challenge Tower to shame in that department (not a good thing by the way). Since I could not advance any further, I ended up giving up and moving on to something else, I think Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I have always loved Soul Calibur's fighting engine, and although I like many of the characters, I hate its cutesy Japanese theme and the proliferation of nearly identical characters (Nightmare/Siegfried; Sophitia/Cassandra/Lizardman; Astaroth/Rock/Beserker; Kilik/Seung Mina; Han Seung Yung/Hwang/Assassin; etc.).

I always wanted Midway to license the game engine and use it to make a new version of Mace: The Dark Age, which had awesome characters, cool executions, and the best "ring outs" ever, with damage inducing and gameplay changing lava/acid/quicksand/etc. on the periphery of most levels. {I freely acknowledge my bias ;)}

Taki.jpg
[/IMG]
kilik1.png
[/IMG]
pfargo_20040916_knightmare_10953770.jpg
[/IMG]
kilik,nightmare and taki have been my main since day one, i also like taki for other reasons lol. but in this new one they will still be my mains but with an addition of other characters. i like sophitias son he seems preety cool, i also like the girl with the hood and the orbs. i also like the red female ninja.

Last edited:
Don't know why they thought that making Dampierre a pre-order character was good idea. So lock out a character on disc to make "DLC" later. Not cool.

Just found this thread and I've been a long time SC fan and player. Love the game. SCIII was awesome. IMO. SCII was more masher friendly although very smooth. I do appreciate them taking the instant kill system away. I thought that was annoying.

Whats up with everyone's obsession with Necrid and Shura? Although the character designs for each were very nice the move set where essentially stolen from other characters, especially in Shura's case. (Cervantes) Necrid just had a little bit of everyone's moves. Disliked both of them.

Is Sieg (one of my mains) actually not in the game? Is this confirmed? I've seen it posted but the videos shown suggest otherwise.

Sophitias children look like they will split Sophitias and Cassandra's moveset. Pyrrha using Sophitia's and Patroklos using Cassandras...with less twirling of course, I hope. I hope the Lizard is still available.

Taki's replacement looks alright. Taki being another one of my mains, I hope she holds much of the same moveset. Looks like she had a tele from one of the trailers.

It also looks as if ZWEI will replace Talim. From the trailer I remember him using the move where she jumps over the opponent and stuns them from behind with an upward slash. Also saw the 'gut punch' stun she used as well.

Although not a fan of the game, Enzio looks like a good fit. Although I wouldn't have minded FF. I would like to see what they would have done with Cloud and Sephiroth.

I hope through the story modes the characters will interact with their predecessors in some way. I'd like to know why they are no longer fighting. Also, the character creation system looks damn good. Im going to waste hours not improving my gameplay with that. LOL. As usual Im looking forward to another step in the series. Always love the gameplay.

Although not a fan of the game, Enzio looks like a good fit. Although I wouldn't have minded FF. I would like to see what they would have done with Cloud and Sephiroth.

If it's one thing I love it's Assassin's Creed. Now if it's one thing i hate it's Final dumbass Fantasy. Stop the series already. it's just 20 dumb games with different stories and characters. God Square Einx, Sooner or later Duke Nukem Forever is gonna be cooler than you guys but not if you END Final Fantasy for GOOD. I literally got lost in that shit during like the 7th game and never cared to continue

Ivy disgusts me.

Why must her boobs be so much bigger than her ass? Not to be a perv or whatever, but that shit pisses me off...

Z.W.E.I., Ezio, Patroklos, Viola, Tira, and Nightmare are most likely gonna be my mains. Thinking of maining Raphael he looks awesome in this one, also I like his fencing fighting style

the new characters look cool but a bit disappionted they are getting rid of Taki. Hopefully she will be confirmed down the road.