Cyrax Thread - "Safeties Disabled; Combat Mode Engaged!"

I like his enhanced bombs move. The regular ones tend to miss, but the enhanced ones go straight into the opponent and opens them up for some combos.

I must say Reaver, this is a damn good guide.

I don't use Cyrax, but after reading about his traps and EX net properties, I am tempted to try him a bit more.

I found another bomb trap that wasnt mentioned above.

Cyrax's f+BP, like his command grab, also causes a long stagger on hit. Cancel f+BP into short bomb on hit, than follow up with dash with BP FP Net. The timing is fairly strict. If the opponent stops blocking at any point, the net pushes them away from the bomb and resets the situation. When They finally decide to block the net, it doesnt push them back so the bomb gets them instead

So basically its: f+BP, b, b, BK, Dash BP, FP, b,b, FK (repeat until blocked)

Last edited:
I must say Reaver, this is a damn good guide.

I don't use Cyrax, but after reading about his traps and EX net properties, I am tempted to try him a bit more.

Thanks! Maybe you'll decide to come to the better team. ;)

I found another bomb trap that wasnt mentioned above.

Cyrax's f+BP, like his command grab, also causes a long stagger on hit. Cancel f+BP into short bomb on hit, than follow up with dash with BP FP Net. The timing is fairly strict. If the opponent stops blocking at any point, the net pushes them away from the bomb and resets the situation. When They finally decide to block the net, it doesnt push them back so the bomb gets them instead

So basically its: f+BP, b, b, BK, Dash BP, FP, b,b, FK (repeat until blocked)

I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe you can show me online.

C-ya bomb traps ;)

Okay but im gonna be dead honest with you. I dont even really use his bomb trap regularly. So even if it will be patched, it wouldnt really bother me because I seem to be doing fairly well using it rarely. There are many effective cyrax players who get by online without even pulling it off. Its just pure looks/flash.

Disagree, its not pure looks and flash, its an inescapable guaranteed setup that can net between 30-45% damage. Tom Brady got put into his place with bomb traps at Empire Arcadia Tournament.

It only takes three successful inescapable bomb traps to win a match.

Though I wish they kept the bomb traps, even though its really effective, I still find it fair.

It's completely escapable, it's called using a combo breaker. If they patch it, that's just 1UP for the casual players. Every single combo in the game is inescapable unless you have a combo breaker, that's what they're for.

Meter management is a different story. Breakers are subjective because it differs per situation and on the persons preference. I'll give one example, using a breaker with less than 25% of health left in the first round is not a very smart choice but the person may use a breaker if they feel very confident at a strong come back. This results at either 0-1 bar at the following round. If the match is at 1 to 1, meter management plays a big role at the result of the third round.

Gotta love when ppl whip out the combo breaker defense last I checked a combo breaker eats up two meter bars so its realistically only usable once a round not effective against glitched combos that don't require meter

What I meant by inescapable setup is that you do a string which stuns the opponent just enough time to release a safe bomb. They either have a choice to block then get hit by the bomb which results in another free combo or let the next string of combos hit them.

Wouldn't a teleporter have an escape route out of that trap?

I think the trap has frame advantage, if you can successfully do the trap multiple times, maybe have a friend try to do a wake up teleport to try and get out of it and see what happens? From what I've seen on streams and tournaments, no one has successfully gotten out of it without taking some sort of damage.

@9:20, you can watch how effective the bomb traps are. LI Joe convincingly took the matches with Cyrax

Bomb trap was debated at TYM so if you're interested heres the link
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4959-Command-Grab-Bomb-Trap-PATCH

ok so from what im hearing the bomb trap being basically free is a bug. you are supposed to have 10 frames to break is b1 throw but right now you only have 3 maybe 2 frames. its going to get fixed so now when a random net hits you will be able to break the throw 100% of the time.

however, breaking a naked b1 will be near impossible on reaction but you can basically mash d1s and beat everything cyrax has while still breaking b1 command throw. cyrax would have to jump over or 33 in close to stop d1 shit and then you can aa him or cross up his 33 etc.. so it becomes a mind game with strategy.