New Secrets! "Motaro transformation?" & Cyrax in the desert??

krazyhugo

Hey guys
You see on multiplayer mode if u enter 031-130, it display the phrase "Motaro transformation?" What do you guys think it is? I mean this MK covers MK1-3 how come Motaro would not be included, maybe this is some kinda super hint for a super secret to unlock motaro!

All other "Random" phrases hint to known things, take for exemple:

"Dont defend in a temple corrupted with shadow..." = Noob in the Temple.
"The kript walls hold secrets..." = self explanatory
"What lurks at the bottom of the pit..." = Klassic Reptile
"?SUNOB YTSAOT" = ???? (help)
"Who hides in the Forest.." = Smoke
"Motaro transformation?" = ???? (Help)
"She waits for you at the top of the tower.." = Im guessing they talking about Jade for obtaine DF and doing a Fatality on Shang Tsung
"Thanks for Karing!" = ????(help) [Maybe they telling you to do a bability to everyone on the challenge tower to see baby Shao Khan]

I mean there is also Cyrax in the desert stage. We all know that whenever there is something unusual in a stage appearing in MK it means that there is a secret. How come we have been talking about Cyrax randomly appearing in the desert stage? There must be a secret behind it...

"?SUNOB YTSAOT" = TOASTY BONUS But besides that I don't know

Taken from http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Mortal_Kombat_9/Basic_Elements/X-Ray_Meter

"The final way you can gain X-Ray Meter is the Toasty Bonus. When Mortal Kombat programmer Dan Forden appears in the lower left corner of the screen and shouts "Toasty!" in classic MK style, the player who struck the other is awarded a full X-Ray Meter. It is believed at this point to be a totally random, and somewhat rare occurrence. So while you cannot plan for this to be a method of gaining meter, be aware that you get a significant bonus when it happens."

For "She waits for you at the top of the tower..", i guess they are referring to Mileena's Flesh Pit costume, for completing challenge tower.

"Motaro transformation" is just a reference to the "Kano transformation" statistic from MK2. So Motaro isn't in this game any more than Kano was in MK2.

About Motaro, my opinion is that he could not be implemented in this Mortal Kombat, for gameplay reasons. For example, many Xrays wouldn't work on him. I mean, how are you supposed to grab a four-legged beast and smack him into the ground? And the Armageddon solution of two-legged Motaro, would make many fans angry as well as interfere with the MK storyline.

So, they got rid of him by killing him in Story mode, and i don't think we'll ever see Motaro again.

"Motaro transformation" is just a reference to the "Kano transformation" statistic from MK2. So Motaro isn't in this game any more than Kano was in MK2.

Pardon my ignorance but what was "Kano Transformation"? I never heard of that...

These aren't 'new secrets'.

Maybe new to some people but not really new in general.

Cyrax is there just for fashion, he still appears in 2P vs, if he would hold some secret he wouldnt appear in 2P vs, like Noob and Smoke in the background of the Cathedral and the Living Forest they doesnt appear in that mode.

Cyrax is there just for fashion, he still appears in 2P vs, if he would hold some secret he wouldnt appear in 2P vs, like Noob and Smoke in the background of the Cathedral and the Living Forest they doesnt appear in that mode.

Good point but did u see him in two players mode? I always play by myself and didnt get the chance to check that...

Pardon my ignorance but what was "Kano Transformation"? I never heard of that...

Explanation:
In the test menu there is an audit screen that lists several statistics that the game keeps track of. Some of these don't actually do anything and never go up, being there simply to stir shit up among the game's fanbase and stir up rumors and hype.

Kano Transformations: Kano is present in the game, but solely as a background element. Either this was a scrapped hidden character, a scrapped hidden Shang Tsung fatality (ala the Kintaro one), or it was added solely to mess with people.

Awwww man :( such a tease, I thought you had the answers to these.

Sorry man...I'm sad that people just think it's nothing :(...

Explanation:

OOO Kay, but dont u think that since they done the same joke in the past they would maybe put it this time to tell us that he is in this game but get the others to think that it's nothing?

My brain hurts :( lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrax in the desert has been known since Day 1. "Motaro Transformation", as already stated, is a nod to Kano Transformations from MK2.

It makes me sad that so many modern day MK fans don't remember this, or probably weren't even born when MK2 came out.

About Motaro, my opinion is that he could not be implemented in this Mortal Kombat, for gameplay reasons. For example, many Xrays wouldn't work on him. I mean, how are you supposed to grab a four-legged beast and smack him into the ground

Why not just have it so that xrays don't work on him? I mean, almost all special moves didn't work on him in mk3/umk3, so it'd make a lot of sense if he just deflected xrays like *****ass flies. There's no excuse for him to not be a dlc boss. It'd make me and plenty others happy.

Why not just have it so that xrays don't work on him? I mean, almost all special moves didn't work on him in mk3/umk3, so it'd make a lot of sense if he just deflected xrays like *****ass flies. There's no excuse for him to not be a dlc boss. It'd make me and plenty others happy.

true but in order to make up for not being able to do xrays on him he should be slower than most bosses but more powerful than shao kahn just to balance it out, but he can take serious damage.....
idk just having a four legged beast in a game where its mostly about combos that lift you off the ground, i dont see him in it, as a matter a fact im glad hes gone he was in pain in a** in mk3

Someone on another forum said he saw shang turn into motaro once, but of course he didnt have any pics or vid to prove it. Im sure he was trolling.