Top 10 list of fatalities from MK9

Disagree. The fact that they didn't have a single Kung Lao fatality on that list makes it an automatic fail for me. IMO Kung Lao's 2nd is one of the best fatalities in this game.

Kitana's doesn't belong in top 10. Nor does Kabal's or Johnny's. Reptile's is not that great either, if he let the opponent die from the acid itself it would have been awesome as hell but right now it's meh at best.

Last edited:
The scarecrow is so sick. My personal favorite. If they have more fatalities in DLC, they need to bring back Sektor's compactor from MK3

From a creative stand point, I guess those choices are reasonable. But, from a gory stand point, why wasn't Kung Lao's hat that rips you in half on the list?

Ok, Sindel's Migraine is good, but not that good. Other than that, and the fact that Kung Lao's 2nd fatality is not on the list, it's a pretty good list.

I disagree, they had at least 4 on there that are mediocre. I would have Sheeva's 2nd fatality on there, Kung Lao's 2nd, Scorpion's 2nd, and something else.

what! no liu kangs alt is so klassic kombat its awesome, and Sub Zero's alt, and Scorpion's alt, and Ermac's alt, and sheeva's prime

Noob's is definitely not #1 on my list, it's Sektor's scarecrow nuff said. And I don't even play with sektor but I went over all the fatalities and its simply the best. Once again that's just me.

I agree. The guy's judging criteria was creativity, not gore just for the sake of gore - thats why kung lao didnt make the list. His fatality Is just an etremely gory fatality that we already saw 6 years ago in Shaolin Monks.

I like the Sindel love at number 3. Her fatality makes excellent use of her scream. And its not just a lackluster decap [[hi, Jade]].

After you see the 10 "Best" Fatalities, its a very bad ranking... (the only good fatalities there are Sektor's and Noob's) You can see the 10 worst (of all time, not this MK)
10 worst fatalities

Disagree .... some of them are among my personal TOP 10 list, but, others, no chance .....

10.) Johnny Cage’s Award Fatality - one of the worst fatalities, stupid idea, the only worse than this is Shang Tsung Bang Bang Clown
9.) Jax’s Three Points Fatality - meh and dull fatality, Jax playing football with a head ? ugh !! .....
8.) Kitana’s Splitting Headache Fatality - this is a nice fatality, violent and simple, but , has efficiency, this enter in my top 10
7.) Shang Tsung’s Identity Theft Fatality - good fatality, deserves a place in my top 10
6.) Mileena’s Be Mine Fatality - pretty good fatality, has a spot in my top 10 .... and is not a biased decision
5.) Reptile’s Acid Yak Fatality - no way, this doesn't belong to top 10
4.) Kabal’s It Takes Guts Fatality - good fatality, among my top 10 choices
3.) Sindel’s Migrane Fatality - none Sindel fatalities are big deal, I like Sindel, but her fatalities are weak .....
2.) Sektor’s Scarecrow Fatality - very good, Sektor has among the best fatalities in the game, this is a top 10 too
1.) Noob Saibot’s Make A Wish Fatality - it's a good fatality, top 10 material, pretty cool

I would replace spots 10,9,5,3 with others fatalities, any of these :

Baraka's Up the Middle
Kano's Heartbreak
Kung Lao's Razor Edge
Quan Chi's Beatdown
Raiden's Transplant
Scorpion's Nether Gate
Sheeva's Stripped down
Sub-Zero's Spinal Smash

Last edited:
No mention of Sheeva's "Stripped Down" or "Lend a Hand" = BS list in my book

Last edited:
To me the best are this ones:

1 - Sub-Zero's 2nd - Spinal Smash
2 - Smoke's 1st - Smoked out
3 - Ermac's 2nd - Pest control
4 - Noob's 1st - Make a Wish
5 - Reptile's 2nd - Weight Loss
6 - Cyrax's 2nd - Nothing but Net
7 - Sub-Zero's 1st - Have an Ice Day
8 - Sektor's 2nd - Scarecrow
9 - Quan Chi's 1st - Leg rip
10 - Liu kang's 2nd - The Beast Within

(I did not include classic fatalities because i dont have them unlocked)

Last edited:
Disagree .... some of them are among my personal TOP 10 list, but, others, no chance .....

I agree with you that Kitana, Mileena, Kabal, Shang, Sektor, and Noob are the ones that belong in the top 10.

Keep in mind that they weren't including retreads of old fatalities, so he didn't include Kung Lao's and Quan Chi's for that reason.

The other 4 I would pick are:

Jade - Half Mast
Sonya - Kut Throat
Sheeva - Lend a Hand
Noob - As One

A fatality, to be considered good, perhaps has 2 of 3 ,or 3 of 3 from some these elements on it :

- Creativity
- Shocking value
- Nostalgic feeling

I like Kung Lao Razor's Edge and Mileena's Be Mine as my favourite fatalities, due the level of violence , gore and daring feeling on them ..... Can you imagine the desperate of the victim , being pulling to be cut in half alive in such gruesome way ? Can you imagine the mess a head end to be, being eaten and chewing like a steak ? Lol, Mileena eats even the eyes of the poor dudes, hehe

Shao Kahn splitting the oponent in half is pretty good too, the desperate cry of victim , while being torn apart alive, it's priceless, I'm sure NRS edited that scream sound to be the most desperate during a fatality moment .....

My top 10 non-boss fatalities:
1. Liu Kang's The Beast Within
2. Sektor's Scarecrow
3. Kabal's It Takes Guts
4. Noob Saibot's As One
5. Ermac's Pest Control
6. Scorpion's Nether Gates
7. Sub-Zero's Spinal Smash
8. Sheeva's Stripped Down
9. Kano's Eat Your Heart Out
10. Ermac's Mind Over Splatter

Honorable Mentions: