Spoiler:
Bio
Spoiler:
Name: Kuai Liang
Resides: Earthrealm
Race: Human/Cryomancer
Allingment: Good
Affiliation: Lin Kuei
"An assassin of the Lin Kuei clan, Kuai Liang commands the power of ice and cold. Unlike other members of his clan, he and his older brother, Bi-Han, were abducted as children by the Lin Kuei and trained in the techniques of assassination throughout their lives. Though his codename is Tundra, he has now assumed the mantle of Sub-Zero to honor his brother after Bi-Han's mysterious death. With the help of his fellow Lin Kuei Smoke, Sub-Zero tirelessly hunts the one who killed his brother."

MK9 Story
Spoiler:
During the first tournament, the Elder Sub-Zero, Bi-Han, is slain by Scorpion despite Raiden's efforts to change Scorpion's mind. Before the events of the second tournament, Sub-Zero is seen with Smoke as they attempt to gather information on Bi-Han's disappearance. Sub-Zero then heads off to investigate something when he is confronted Cyrax. Cyrax tells him he has come with him so he can become a cyborg, but Sub-Zero tells him he will never comply. They fight and Sub-Zero wins.
Cyrax teleports before Sub-Zero can capture him. He then is met by Sonya and Jax who were following Cyrax. Upon seeing him, they say that he died against Scorpion. Sub-Zero then says that he is Bi-Han's younger brother. They are confronted by Ermac, who then tears off Jax's arms. Sub-Zero faces Ermac and emerges victorious. He then asks Sonya where he can find Scorpion and is told to check the coliseum. In return he tells her how to get Jax back to Earthrealm.
Sub-Zero goes to the coliseum and demands that Shao Kahn let him fight Scorpion. Shao Kahn, however, makes him fight Reptile. Sub-Zero defeats him, and eventually, Quan Chi summons Scorpion. Sub-Zero defeats Scorpion, but before he is about to kill him, Lin Kuei cyborgs, led by Cyrax and Sektor, attack and take him to be automated.

Ending
Spoiler:

Multimedia
Spoiler:

Pictures
Spoiler:
Versus

Alternate Costume
278px-Krypta_14-44.png

Classic Costume Concept
1704900-1700978_classic_subzero_super.jpg

Wallpaper

X-Ray - Deep Freeze
Spoiler:

Fatality 1 - Have an Ice Day
Spoiler:

Fatality 2 - Spinal Smash
Spoiler:

Fatality 3 - Spine Rip
Spoiler:

Babality
Spoiler:

Playing as Sub-Zero

Basic Gameplay Knowledge
(Specials, Enhanceds, Basic Combos and Finishers)

Spoiler:
Layout & Simbols

1 = Square/X
2 = Triangle/Y
3 = X/A
4 = Circle/B
JP: Jump Punch
NJP: Neutral Jump Punch (in place)
JK: Jump Kick

Special Moves

Ice Ball: D, F, 3
Ice Puddle: D, B, 3
Ice Clone: D, B, 1
Slide: B, F, 4
Force Claws: B, 2 (hold)

Enhanced Moves

Ice Beam: D, F, 3+Block
Ground Freeze: D, B, 3+Block
Ice Statue: D, B, 1+Block
Power Slide: B, F, 4+Block

Basic Combos

Frosty: 1,1
Winter blade: 2,2,2
Tundra slice: F+4, 1+2
Ice pick (w/o punch): B+1,2
Ice pick: B+1,2,1
Ice cold: B+1,2,4
Frost bitten: 2,1,2
Ices up: 2,1,4

Finishers

Have an Ice Day: B, F, D, F, 4 (sweep)
Spinal Smash: D, B, D, F, 2 (sweep)
Spine Rip: F, D, F, 2 (close)
Stage Fatality: F, D, B, 2 (touch)
Babality: D, B, D, 4 (jump)

Advanced Combos
Spoiler:
Combo Starters
(The combo starters can be continued with an Ice Ball to continue a longer combo then, or can be continued by a Slide but the combo will end there)

2, 2... *Fastest and safest*
B+1, 2... *Most damaging but slower*
2,1... *Not recommended as an starter*
F+4... *Works as an overhead*

Normal Combos
23%------- 2,1,2 - Slide
25/23%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice Ball - 2,1,2 - Ice Ball
26%------- 2,1,4 - Slide
29%------- B+1,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2
31/28%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - 2,1,4 - Slide
33/30%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2 - Slide
33/30%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - Cross JP - 2,1,4 - Slide
35/32%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - 1 - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2 - Slide

Enhanced Combos
29%------- 2,1,4 - Power Slide
30/27%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - 2,1,2 - Power Slide
33/30%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - 2,1,4 - Power Slide
34/31%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2 - Power Slide
35/32%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - Cross JP - 2,1,4 - Power Slide

X-Ray Combos
37%------- 2,1,2 - Ice Ball - X-Ray
42%------- Force Claws - Dash - 2,1,2 - X-Ray
43/39%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2 - X-Ray
46/43%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - NJP - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,4 - X-Ray
47%------- Force Claws - Dash - 2,1,4 - X-Ray
48%------- 2,1,4 - X-ray
50/46%--- B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice ball - Cross JP - 2,1,4 - X-ray

Reset Combos

Ground Freeze Reset
35/32%--- [B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice Ball - NJP]-[Ground Freeze - 2,1,4 - Slide]
37/34%--- [B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice Ball - NJP]-[Ground Freeze - 2,1,4 - Power Slide]

Force Clawes Reset
44/42%--- [B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice Ball]-Double Dash-[Force Claws - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,2 - Slide]
59/56%--- [B+1,2 / 2,2 - Ice Ball]-Double Dash-[Force Claws - Dash - B+1,2 - 2,1,4 - X-ray]

Note
* Using Iceball will reduce combo damage like 1-5% so use it only when it's necessary.
* Everytime you do 2,1,4 and then X-ray, you have to hold the X-ray for like 0.25" before realese it.

Videos
Spoiler:
43% X-Ray Combo Video

Tactics
Spoiler:
Ice Clone Trap
You can make an ice clone at a mid range (better if its in the air at like 30 cms from the floor) and then quickly perform a Power Slide, so when you slide the rival and after that you punch him, the rival will freeze in the air and you can do a combo, (2,1,4 is the one that makes more damage)

Frozen Feet
When you jump kick or jump punch the rival, depending on the distance you can quickly perform an Ice Puddle or a Ground Freeze (this last one is more effective) to inmovilize him while he is waking up, this is useful because the most common reaction of the rival will be wake up blocking to avoid Ice Balls and he cant escape from the Ice Puddle or the Ground Freeze that way.

Clone Out
You can use Ice Clone to quickly go away from your rival when you are too close to them.
If you started to do a 2,2 to do a combo, and the rival is blocking add a 4 and a clone at the end making it a "2,2,4 - Ice Clone" you will scape quickly from the opponent's range and you will have a clone as a wall between you and and your opponent.

Anti-Blockers
Hick-blockers: A sweep can make them fall but if you are far the Slide is the best move in this situations.
Low-blockers: You can use 2,2,2 the last hit is an overhead or you can also use his Derribo (F+4) that is an overhead too or even better you can use his Tundra Slice (F+4,1+2).

You can check Kaballer's Guide too.

Visit Ermac Thread and Reptile Thread too.

Last edited:
Re: Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death"

there's a bigger one thats easy as.
(sorry bout the ps notation.. its easier for me)

back+square-triangle-iceball,jump punch,back+square-triangle,*triangle-square-triangle,enhanced slide. _ 44% i believe.

alternatively,

back+square-triangle-iceball,jump punch,back+square-triangle,*triangle-square-CIRCLE, XRAY- %55 i believe

subby would of been the one(and prolly only) char i would of chosen to one of these pages for lol

I like it, with a little more things added, it'll be great. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, ill improve it. Hope its good enough so it can gain sticky rank, there are only 4 characters threads (+ this one) and it would be cool that every characters gets one.

I added the spine rip inpt ill try some more combos in the training mode so i can add them to the thread.

Try updating the complex combos with the actual directional inputs instead of the name of the basic combo. It should keep people from looking all over the place.

Well its a start. May I make a suggestion?

Make two sub units under complex combos
1. x-ray
2. non x-ray

Some people may just look for combos that specifically links to X-rays while others dont. Some people actually prefer combos without the x-rays as its more situational friendly depending on the amount of bars.

I updated it with some more new info, pics and videos.

Added a 42% and a 45% combo, im in training mode trying new ones.

Last edited:

1. x-ray
2. non x-ray

Some people may just look for combos that specifically links to X-rays while others dont. Some people actually prefer combos without the x-rays as its more situational friendly depending on the amount of bars.

I do like that suggestion. For me, it's very useful to be able to sift through combos with or without X-Rays on the fly.

1. x-ray
2. non x-ray

Done that, due to popular demand lol
Added a 43% xray combo.

Done that, due to popular demand lol
Added a 43% xray combo.

:top:

This thread's coming nicely into it's own. I've been working on Sub-Zero a bit. I've never been all-pro at Mortal Kombat and he's a more difficult character to learn, but I am really liking what I'm seeing. I was really glad to hear Tom Brady give him a huge thumbs up, he's always been one of my favorites and this game has given me more reason to love playing as him.

:top:

This thread's coming nicely into it's own. I've been working on Sub-Zero a bit. I've never been all-pro at Mortal Kombat and he's a more difficult character to learn, but I am really liking what I'm seeing. I was really glad to hear Tom Brady give him a huge thumbs up, he's always been one of my favorites and this game has given me more reason to love playing as him.

Thanx, added a 47% xray combo is kinda hard to pull off but its nice :p

SZ is awesome if you practice enough, i did a lot with the demo, i have 1 month of extra practice with him.

Added 2 more combos and * marking the difficulty.

Addead the ending and edited some things, hope it helps! ill still improve it later with more pics and ill try to make more combos in the training move to post then.

Really nice info, man. The biggest suggestion I could make would be to replace the names of the simple combos with the actually notations for them in the "complex combos" section. But that's just a thought. As an aspiring Sub-Zero user, this is really helpful.

Really nice info, man. The biggest suggestion I could make would be to replace the names of the simple combos with the actually notations for them in the "complex combos" section. But that's just a thought. As an aspiring Sub-Zero user, this is really helpful.

Thanx for the comment and the rep. Im trying to find a way to put them in both ways... lets see what i can do...

LOL all the character threads has a ! at the end of the quote except mine, can a mod add it to the post?
Actually is Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death" i want it to be Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death!"

Sounds silly but there are lots of threads and this is the only one without the !

Thanks!