No brutalities confirmed

tyson334

not sure if this was already posted elsewhere but:

RT @ScarzEffectz @noobde I JUST DID A BRUTALITY ! ? Noobde: No you didn't.

not sure if this was already posted elsewhere but:

RT @ScarzEffectz @noobde I JUST DID A BRUTALITY ! ? Noobde: No you didn't.

I really wouldnt say that confirms they arent in. Ive said it before they were probably originally planned to be in the game but didnt get them finished as Brutality was in the voice leak. If anything they could still be DLC

Friendships!
I have to agree with you there. I'd rather see Friendships over Brutalities any day. I actually wish they had added Friendships instead of the Babalities, but at least they made them all very unique and interesting. There's nothing more humiliating in my opinion than beating someones ass down and then casting a rainbow or bustin out some dance moves under a disco ball, that was truly epic. I just never understood why people were so fascinated with Brutalities to begin with. They were all so ridiculously unoriginal and bland. Hell, I'd rather even see Animalities instead of them, and that's saying alot cause they were pretty damn awful, lol. However, given the new engine they have to work with, Animalities could actually turn out to look really badass this time around. I'm actually a bit surprised that Animalities weren't put in the game since there was a reference to them in Nightwolf's ending. I've still got my fingers crossed that we may still see some of these things added in as DLC. I have some serious doubts about that, but I've still gotta hold out hope. Afterall, we are talking about Boon and NRS here and I make it a habbit of never putting anything past those guys, lol. Just remember that we do have two big factors on our side. First, they always said that this was going to mostly be a fan service game (much like MK Trilogy was), and that tells me that they had planned to make it chock full of many extras. While it's true that we may have already found most of the secrets that shipped with the game, there is nothing saying that they can't toss out a crapload of DLC over the next year or so. Second, is the fact that DLC equals easy money for somewhat minimal effort on their part, and the fans will eat it all up for sure.

As far as the OP is concerned, I really can't read anything into that at all. I generally take everything that Ed Boon says with a grain of salt man. I mean, the guy has been breakin our balls ever since he came on the damn scene, lol. I've been following most of what he's written on his Twitter page, and the more I read the more it seems as though he's only posting on there to mess with peoples heads, as per usual.

Lol this is me !

Haha, I puposely said this to Boon to try and get a hint as to whether brutalities are in or not. Didnt go well as you guys can see, lol.

I really do hope that Ed is just lying though and theyre hidden somewhere in the game, and they unlock them in a patch or something. They were my favourite out of the alities.

Boon should've said something along the lines of:

"Damn, we were hoping you guys would take a while to figure them out."

I have to agree with you there. I'd rather see Friendships over Brutalities any day. I actually wish they had added Friendships instead of the Babalities, but at least they made them all very unique and interesting. There's nothing more humiliating in my opinion than beating someones ass down and then casting a rainbow or bustin out some dance moves under a disco ball, that was truly epic.

Yeah friendships were a nice addition in MK2, Babalities were too generic but look at them now. I hated them in the past, now I can't stop laughing. Therefore go Friendship go, more content leads to a greater replayability :)

I just never understood why people were so fascinated with Brutalities to begin with. They were all so ridiculously unoriginal and bland.

I fully agree with you on this I hate them too. They were too generic and I hated the fact that everybody explodes after simple punches and kicks, not to mention the 30 heads 50 rip cages and 1000 arms, which were left after the explosion. Sorry it's too ridiculous. Now everybody will come and say that Mortal Kombat isn't about realism. Well that's true but this is too exaggerated.

Hell, I'd rather even see Animalities instead of them, and that's saying alot cause they were pretty damn awful, lol.

Yeah, Animalities had potential but the execution was too bad.

However, given the new engine they have to work with, Animalities could actually turn out to look really badass this time around. I'm actually a bit surprised that Animalities weren't put in the game since there was a reference to them in Nightwolf's ending.

Yes it's true, the new engine is very promising and I think Animalities would look great. Moreover maybe they could redeem the air of the Stupidalties (i.e. Bruatlities) if they would use the new x-ray function right and make Brutalities not a generic thing but give them an individual touch and won't include EXPLOSIONS from simple punches. Then I'll regard Brutalities as an nice addition, but if they are going to introduce the stupid Brutalities from the previous game, then I'll say NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I've still got my fingers crossed that we may still see some of these things added in as DLC.

IMHO we will see many things the game is only 3-4 weeks old there's also plenty of time, but personally I hope they'll first change some things like the masked guard design :)

I think the new Babalities are there to combine the Friendships & Babalities into one. Instead of simply turning them into a baby, there's something cute and funny added to each one. The way they incorporated the Babality against Johnny Cage (the baby signs an autograph like in MK2) is an example of why I think Friendships are gone.

My only problem with Babalities in the new MK is they really should have put a restriction into doing them like they did in the past. There was always a humiliation factor to them before, now it seems that they can be done no matter what by the winner. It takes the uniqueness out a little.

I think there's a good chance that Brutalities could be added on a future date. They'd be pretty simple to program in using existing bits of animation and an existing explosion animation. However, I wouldn't expect Friendships at all. That would need a lot of new animation frames and I don't see them doing that via DLC (the same goes with Animalities). I'd love to see them, but I'd expect Brutalities if anything.

Brutalities = worst -alities EVER!

I don't know about you guys, but I will never consider anything that was in a home version of MK only during the time when there were also coin-op versions of the games to be part of MK at all.

Brutalities were a trilogy exclusive, therefore they are not part of the MK universe as I know it.

Yeah, brutalities were pretty stupid. I did one once in Trilogy to see what it was and I think thats about the only time I ever bothered doing one. I don't think theres really a need for them in this new MK anyway, because the X-ray attacks kind of fill the niche that reinvented brutalities would.

Most people here still don't seem to realize Brutalities were introduced in the home version of UMK3. I can understand how some people feel that non-arcade additions in the home versions aren't "authentic", especially with the whole Reiko/Kahn fiasco from MK4 home versions. It also boggles my mind that people are are going ape over Friendships, wanting them in the game more than anything else I've seen yet. They're trying to return to dark and serious, leaving stupid stuff that everyone complained about behind...yet now that they aren't in it's all anyone talks about.

Concerning Brutalities, face it folks...they aren't there. It's been said a few times already: This is the internet generation. People hack these games the day they come out. Things are leaked within days of release. They're lucky they kept Babalities a pseudo-secret until launch day, but you see how quickly they were discovered.

What's with the sudden Brutality hate, too? With this generation they could make them really bad ass. You see what your character does to Kahn at the end of the arcade ladder, so why not do the same as a finisher, just more brutal? They don't have to explode, just get brutalized.

If Brutalities were in the game, they would've been discovered. Next week the game will have been out a month...if there's anything that hasn't been found by now, then it's not in the game.

Next week the game will have been out a month...if there's anything that hasn't been found by now, then it's not in the game.

I agree 100% with everything you said, except for this. There have been secrets in MK games that were not discovered until a year or so after the game was released.