Kabal Thread - "Let's See What You're Made Of!"

Camoufrage

All credit for the format of this thread goes to Zephna. Thanks loads!

~Let's See What You're Made Of!~
Kabal is a fast-paced, offensive fighter capable of countering most attacks people consider "cheap" or "overpowered". In this thread, I will go over just about everything when it comes to Kabal. From combos to costumes, this is where you will find it. Kabal may seem hard to use when you first get a hold of him, but if you master his moves and combos you are bound to be the best in the arena.

First, let's go over the button log I will be using throughout this thread:
Spoiler:
1 = Front Punch
2 = Back Punch
3 = Front Kick
4 = Back Kick
DC = Dash Cancel
EX. = Enhanced Version
J. = Jump/While in the Air
NJ. = Neutral Jump - Jump up
-x? = Do Attack ? number of times

Now that the button log is taken care of, here is an overview of Kabal's Specials:
Spoiler:
Gas Blast B,B,1
Nomad Dash B,F,4
Buzzsaw B,B,3
Tornado Slam D,B,2

Spoiler:
Gas Blast In this attack Kabal shoots a large purple projectile out of Kabal's respirator. I personally find this move only moderately useful because of the superior buzzsaw. This is also usable in mid-air. One great strategy is to get an enemy once with the buzzsaw then shoot this projectile while they are getting up, netting you some more damage. ou can also use it to avoid being punished in the air.
Nomad Dash In this special attack Kabal dashes in the direction of the enemy at astonishing speed, causing the opponent to spin around for a short time. This is the root of nearly all of my attacks. You can use this to guarentee an Xray attack, or to begin a combo. I usually use this to start all of my attacks so the opponent cannot block. As a note, you can cancel the dash at any time by activating a special during the dash. You can also cancel by holding back and block during the dash to block.
Buzzsaw In this special move Kabal summons a big buzzsaw accross the battlefield, damaging and making the opponent fall to the ground. This is one of Kabal's best special moves, as it can hit enemies that are blocking. Perfect against turtles. Also a great panic move for when you are getting owned, just use this and stop their streak.
Tornado Slam In this attack Kabal grabs your opponent with his signature hookswords and spins them around until finally slaming them to the ground causing massive damage. I don't use this move much because it is nearly identical to his grab. I like to use this attack solely to trick the other player into thinking I'm doing something else then using it as a makeshit grab move.

So now that you know about Kabal's specials, here are some combo videos. I would do some more detailed text guide to combos, but I'm afraid they may be innacurate.

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading everyone, and if you have any suggestions just post them on the thread. I'll make sure to read every single one! I will be updating this thread regularly, including some of my own combos once I'm confident in my skills (I'm not right now lol).

Special thanks to:

Spoiler:
Camoufrage
Demetrius
Zephna
mrb1973
dbd6604
Vixen

Last edited:
Don't mean to go off topic, but someone needs to make one for Sektor Titled "Sektor Thread - No mercy allowed"

Anyway, Kabal is my second main.

Don't mean to go off topic, but someone needs to make one for Sektor Titled "Sektor Thread - No mercy allowed"

Anyway, Kabal is my second main.

I'm pretty sure your our residential Sektor player person ;)

Also, Camofrauge, you might want to touch on Nomad Dash Canceling, especially since he can Dash across the map and cancel into his other specials, like say a Buzzsaw when they are blocking High.

To do this (in case you don't know), just input the special move input during the Dash, and if your quick enough, he will cancel the Dash and do the other move instead (IMPORTANT NOTE: This only seems to work with specials, as his Grab and normals aren't working for me.)

Also, if you don't feel like canceling into another special, just Hold Back and Block and he will cancel his Dash into a Block.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you already have a video up with that in there :D

I'm pretty sure your our residential Sektor player person ;)

Also, Camofrauge, you might want to touch on Nomad Dash Canceling, especially since he can Dash across the map and cancel into his other specials, like say a Buzzsaw when they are blocking High.

To do this (in case you don't know), just input the special move input during the Dash, and if your quick enough, he will cancel the Dash and do the other move instead (IMPORTANT NOTE: This only seems to work with specials, as his Grab and normals aren't working for me.)

Also, if you don't feel like canceling into another special, just Hold Back and Block and he will cancel his Dash into a Block.
I didn't know that, I just tried and it works. This will help if your enemy blocks during the dash.

But you have Dash Cancel in your Notations....

I'm so confused :(

Bro the notations part is directly copied from the Jade thread. I kinda feel bad because the Notation section may be confusing becasuse I don't use any of them. But I will once I get some combos down. I actually just recorded some dash cancelling strategies in MK, I will record it with my shitty camera later.

You forgot to mention his gas blast is usable in mid air and usefull as a last second way to avoid getting punished while jumping

Ahhhh, Kabal. I love him, second main for me too.

He's an aggressive kind of guy, with his dash that can be blocked it's great to do mind games on the foe. The EX version, when done just 1s before getting hit by a projectile, gives you armor and you can pass through that.

I would add my two main combos starter, seeing that we have only videos. Aside from the dash, we have two useful strings for combos:

JPunch, B+1,2,1. It's his main starter and the one which deals more damage: it can be followed by >>F+3,2 then nomad dash (I usually do it this way) or another JPunch, Gas Blast and I saw some pro that could link the dash after the blast. This provides EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE continuous midscreen juggling.

Also we have his 1,1,B+4,3 combo, that can be linked for a 1,1,B+4,Nomad Dash (pressing just B+F should work, but I still have to try this..) that gives a useful setup too, as you hit high, then low, and then the opponent is stunned and you can punish him!

On the corner, you can do B1,2,1 three times.. Easy 36% damage!

Last edited:
Wow, never knew the Nomad Dash could be cancelled, nice.

I usually use B+1,2,1 for launcher than 1,1,1 and B,B+1 (his gas ball) for combo, have to try the other combos out.

Can someone explain me his buzzsaw move? i dont see from where there hell they come from, they just pop up, i dont like that...

Good post besides i dont like kabal.

Wow, never knew the Nomad Dash could be cancelled, nice.

I usually use B+1,2,1 for launcher than 1,1,1 and B,B+1 (his gas ball) for combo, have to try the other combos out.

Neither did I, special thanks to Demetrius for that information. It's really good if you add his Torndado Slam move. Also, the Jade-Kabal combo is really good, one of my best.

Just as an update guys, I will be updating this thread next Friday with the following items:
Story
Costume and Alternate
Xray Special
More detailed combo information
Tag-Team Strategies
Strategies
A video on block-cancelling

So in other words, the thread's size is gonna double =P.

Thank you for the strategies, I had no idea you could cancel his dash.

That opened up a LOT of combos with him!

Just noticed someone mentioned a pro using a dash after the gas which inspired me to come up with an interestin combo it only does 36% damage but it doesn't require any meter usage oh and its a corner combo for 12 hits jump in punch b1,2,1,bounce punch,jump kick,air gasball,4,nomad dash,cyclone slam also a few notes about this replacing both the gas ball and cyclone slam with their ex versions only nets you a 1% damage increase and replacing the cyclone slam with his xray ups the damage to 42% also for some reason any single punch or kick after the nomad dash will end this combo

I am going to have to push back the updates for the Kabal thread another week. I'm headed to California on vacation this Friday and totally forgot. And since on this computer I can hardly play Pong without the computer crashing, you're gonna have to wait until I can get to my better computer.

Just noticed someone mentioned a pro using a dash after the gas which inspired me to come up with an interestin combo it only does 36% damage but it doesn't require any meter usage oh and its a corner combo for 12 hits jump in punch b1,2,1,bounce punch,jump kick,air gasball,4,nomad dash,cyclone slam also a few notes about this replacing both the gas ball and cyclone slam with their ex versions only nets you a 1% damage increase and replacing the cyclone slam with his xray ups the damage to 42% also for some reason any single punch or kick after the nomad dash will end this combo

Or you could just do b1,2,1 four times (at the corner).
42% of (cheeeaaaap) damage, ahah..It's possible to link also a "half combo" + dash + another combo + tornado slam after the fourth one.