PS3 Problem Help!!!

battle_scarz13

Hey guys Im having a small prob with my PS3 and figured where better to get help than a message board full of gamers. So here is the problem and things you guys might need to know to help.
1. I have the newest model of PS3.
2. I have a standard def TV(I know but im broke wife and kids will do that.) running the in box composite cable.
3. My PS3 is the only thing running to this TV and its electrical plug is 2 prong so I dont think its a ground loop problem.
4. I have messed with all the settings to try and fix it no go.

Okay this happens only when I play DVD or Blu-Ray. I get a single flickering line @ the very top of the TV. Its not there when I turn the PS3 on or on the xmb but whenever I play a movie then go back to the xmb it will be there just not flickering. It only does that if a movies playing. It isnt there when I play games. Its like when you click the dvd icon on the xmb the screen flickers or refreshes and starts playing as soon as it clicks over to play a movie it starts. Can anyone help me fix this? and thank you in advance.

Hey guys Im having a small prob with my PS3 and figured where better to get help than a message board full of gamers. So here is the problem and things you guys might need to know to help.
1. I have the newest model of PS3.
2. I have a standard def TV(I know but im broke wife and kids will do that.) running the in box composite cable.
3. My PS3 is the only thing running to this TV and its electrical plug is 2 prong so I dont think its a ground loop problem.
4. I have messed with all the settings to try and fix it no go.

Okay this happens only when I play DVD or Blu-Ray. I get a single flickering line @ the very top of the TV. Its not there when I turn the PS3 on or on the xmb but whenever I play a movie then go back to the xmb it will be there just not flickering. It only does that if a movies playing. It isnt there when I play games. Its like when you click the dvd icon on the xmb the screen flickers or refreshes and starts playing as soon as it clicks over to play a movie it starts. Can anyone help me fix this? and thank you in advance.

Is there any way you could upload a quick video of the problem to YouTube? It could be a number of different things.

Im not @ home or I would. I was screwing with it all night last night and figured maybe someone else had a similar problem. Im out of town for the weekend so I couldnt get you a video til monday. Just hopin for a solution so I can fix it when I get back.