Get Over Here!!!The Scorpion Thread

As sick of most are of watching scorpion teleport I've come up with some good combos with no teleporting involved my best being 10 hits for 46%damage its simply a jumping in punch BP,fp,spear,then you jump over them with a punch f+BP,fp,xray also note his f+BP,fp combo is his only ground based combo you can link into his xray making it unblockable same can be said of his enhanced teleport

Of Course He`s Badass Hes Scorpion What I Do Is Uppercut Throw Down Double Spears Hit with two swords backflip X-Ray Its A Neat Way I Use Of Course Not In one combo just the moves i use i dont do Spear Uppercut Spear 3 Punch Combo.Etc

Soz if sound noobish

But still, I think we as a community should REALLY stop encouraging people to play as Scorpion. Why can't we encourage people to play as characters like Quan Chi, Sheeva, Sindel, MILEENA?

For non-competitive play I always think people should play as the characters they like best. Sheeva is probably my least favorite character in the first three Mortal Kombat and this game as well (next to Baraka lol), so I have no interest in playing as her. I do like Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Smoke, and Nightwolf. Even if a couple of those are more "n00b-ish" characters, playing them is the right decision for me because I like them as characters and fighters.

If people love Quan Chi, Mileena, Sheeva, and Sindel then they should absolutely go for it, but I don't think they should be used just because they are more rarely seen. Unless that's someone's thing lol.

Just my thoughts.

But still, I think we as a community should REALLY stop encouraging people to play as Scorpion. Why can't we encourage people to play as characters like Quan Chi, Sheeva, Sindel, MILEENA?

That's ridiculous.

Who cares who people choose to play as?

Insane how people care so much who OTHER people choose to play as. If you're sick of seeing Scorpion, don't play the game. Otherwise, suck it up and kick the guy's ass.

=)

If you have everyone that plays Scorpion move over to Kitana or Mileena, then you will mostly see those characters running around. Scorpion is an extremely popular fighting game character, and one of the top two most popular Mortal Kombat ninjas (the other being Sub-Zero). With Mortal Kombat as mainstream as it is, of course a ton of people are going to start off with Scorpion or some other ninja. When I play SSF4 (a game that I am absolute trash in) I go straight to Ryu or Ken because they are my favorite. Same thing with a lot of people.

Yeah, my offline buddies refuse to play when I pick Scorpion, lame.

Here are some combos I like:
1) 1 1, spear, nJP, teleport, airthrow (6hits : 26% damage - You can get 30% if you enhance the spear)
2) 2 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, dash uppercut (6hits - Not sure about the damage for this one)
3) 2 1+2, teleport, spear, f+2 1 4 (7hits : 27% Damage)
4) b+2, dash 1 1, teleport, spear, f+2 1 4 (8hits - Not sure about the damage for this one either)
5) JinP, 2 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, dash 2 1, XRay (11hits 45% Damage - My most damaging Scorp combo at the moment) I call it ...Beast Mode!

I know there are better combos , but these are aesthetically pleasing to me :p

2) 2 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, dash uppercut (6hits - Not sure about the damage for this one)

This is a short variation of mine
1) 2 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, jump in kick, teleport punch, dash, 212 (37%-40% if you start with Jump in punch - 45% if you EX spear)

Can someone explain to me the logic behind anything being negative frames on hit?

This is the best I can find without getting too technical.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/feb/17/how-read-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

Last edited:
This is a short variation of mine
1) 2 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, jump in kick, teleport punch, dash, 212 (37%-40% if you start with Jump in punch - 45% if you EX spear)

This is the best I can find without getting too technical.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/feb/17/how-read-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

Good stuff but it basically means if you do a attack that is -7 frames when your opponent blocks it for example that 7 is extra frames your character will need to recover from the time your attack gets blocked before you can react to anything. This leaves you open

Yes, but you have to account for your start up frames too. So the -7 that was blocked (and not punished) should follow with a short starter. Otherwise you could potentialy be open 20+ frames (depends on 2d, 2.5d, 3d)

Especially when Sektor THE God in this game lol. I mean sure, I play Mileena because I am a fan but Sektor is pure gold under that candy red paint.

He's talking about negative frames on hit. Its just the way the move is. Lets take hellfire, -2 on hit I think, now lets imagine that hellfire was +2 on hit instead. What does scorpion gain from this? Pressure. What does pressure lead to? Potential Vortex situation, all off a relatively quick unblockable. Now lets imagine it was +20. This would probably result in an unbreakable infinite (I'm not sure how many startup frames it has) and we can all see why thats bad. Its just the balance of the move, really.

Pretty much. Its just the risk/reward aspect. TBH I think hellfire should be neutral (0) on hit. A useful use for things that are minus is to use them as baits. So if you are at -2 the opponent could start to try and pressure you, but you absorb his hit with an EX takedown. You shouldn't be using that all the time though. If your opponent catches on they can just block it, its useful to know, though.

Ok. I think I understand now. A move is negative frames on hit to give the opponent a fighting chance.

Thank you for the insight.

Last edited: