Get Over Here!!!The Scorpion Thread

Scorpion rocks in this game, overused or not. At any rate, I'll toss in my bread 'n butter combo for him:

(42%, no meter) - jump punch starter, 1, 1, spear, neutral jump punch, forward dash, back+2, jump kick, teleport punch, jump kick, air throw

I haven't really experimented with him beyond that (I spend the majority of my time with Kitana), so most of what I do is a variation on that combo. One of these days I'll go back in and try to expand a bit, though.

Scorpion was the first character to kick my ass online.

This guy I played was godlike with him, he read my every move like a book.

In about 12 matches, I think I beat him three times.

Love him, thinking of either maining him or Cyrax. He's way too mainstream though, very noob friendly. His B+2 popup opens alot of possiblility for different combos. I usually do 1,1,Spear,B+2,Jump Forward Kick,Teleport,Jump Forward Kick, Teleport, Takedown( you can also use EX Teleport to finish the combo instead of the takedown).

It's too bad so many people spam him and give him such a negative look. Eventually, they'll stop and only then will we re-create the Scorpion empire.

Scorpion was the first character to kick my ass online.

This guy I played was godlike with him, he read my every move like a book.

In about 12 matches, I think I beat him three times.

Love him, thinking of either maining him or Cyrax. He's way too mainstream though, very noob friendly. His B+2 popup opens alot of possiblility for different combos. I usually do 1,1,Spear,B+2,Jump Forward Kick,Teleport,Jump Forward Kick, Teleport, Takedown( you can also use EX Teleport to finish the combo instead of the takedown).

It's too bad so many people spam him and give him such a negative look. Eventually, they'll stop and only then will we re-create the Scorpion empire.

Scorpion is used by a lot of spammers and whatnot, but that doesn't make him a bad character. I hate that he gets such a bad rap because of the people who use him. When used by a skillful player he can be just as "legit" as any other character. It'll be nice when some of the more fair weather players will thin out and the more skillful players will start to improve Scorpion's rep. He's been one of my favorite characters since MKII so I'm pulling for him lol.

The guy I played wasn't a spammer at all. The guy was a legit badass with him.

That's what I was saying, there are some seriously good things that can be done with Scorpion. His rep may get a bit tarnished by spammers, but he has some serious potential to be used well.

But still, I think we as a community should REALLY stop encouraging people to play as Scorpion. Why can't we encourage people to play as characters like Quan Chi, Sheeva, Sindel, MILEENA?