MK 9 Shao Kahn vs MK II / UMK 3 Shao Kahn

Etryus

When MK 9 Shao Kahn's render was released, most forum members didn't like it. After few weeks of gameplay, I wanted to know if the opinions changed.
In my opinion, MK 9 Shao Kahn is few steps away from perfect, and even surpassing old UMK 3 Shan Kahn. Two things bother me:
His voice and his stance.
About his voice, well not much can be said besides that Steve Ritchie is irreplaceable.
The problem with his stance is that he is leaning too much forward (the same applies when he is taunting) like if he is trying to protect his face or something. In MK II / UMK 3 his stance was the one of a proud & powerful emperor who feared nothing and no one.

Besides those 2 details, I love the new Shao Kahn. His outfit is perfect and I like how the hammer appears (in UMK 3 I had the feeling he was pulling it out from his pocket, in MK 9 you see the hammer materialising).

Comment please on your experience with Shao Kahn after those few weeks of gameplay.

i like this shao kahn mk9, he is huge and fast and cheap. I think he is about the same difficulty as the mk3 kahn. So i really like that he is the way he is now, powerful and brutal and a mans man (check the win pose)

i like this shao kahn mk9, he is huge and fast and cheap. I think he is about the same difficulty as the mk3 kahn. So i really like that he is the way he is now, powerful and brutal and a mans man (check the win pose)

His win pose made me laugh my ass off the first time I saw it. It's pretty much the ultimate display of badassery.

I think I like MK9 Shao Kahn better than the rest. The classic was awesome indeed, but in MK9 the voice acting has much more passion! When he gets up from his trone in Story Mode and Challenge 300, you can feel his anger. And when he says "YOU'RE NOTHING!" it's just too awesome!!! And his win pose is just win, pure win. He rubs in your face why he is the emperor.

I agree 100% with the person who started this thread. Voice was better in MK3 And more importantly his stance was WAY better in MK3. When he just stood up straight it showed his height better and it was very disrespectful. Like he was fighting a child. I liked how he would let u hit him a little then punch you across the screen.

-but-

After seeing Shao kahn in action on MK9 I was very happy with how he fights and carries himself. I look forward to fighting him at the end of every ladder. I love his intro better than his long cheesey outro where I'm just waiting to hit retry already. His arena is badass. I like the way he dies. So my only gripe with the new Shao Kahn is his stance sux. It should be more like he couldn't be bothered to fight you.

Yep. His stance is a little dumb and his voice could have been better. Other than that he's fast, OP, and takes the least damage out of anyone in the game. The way it's supposed to be!

shao kahn is the best hes ever been, he could have more badass and humiliating taunts , and that badass laugh you used to get when you would put in a kode or soemthing and get an evil laugh... best laugh ever..

shao kahn is the best hes ever been, he could have more badass and humiliating taunts , and that badass laugh you used to get when you would put in a kode or soemthing and get an evil laugh... best laugh ever..

You know that you can hear his laugh if you select some stages with the START button in practice and multiplayer mode right?

I don't like the stuff that he says, there is not class especially for the time / era that the game takes place.

Using words like "you suck" just dumbs him down for me.

I liked when he said " you weak pathetic fool" a lot better

Just my opinion

I don't like the stuff that he says, there is not class especially for the time / era that the game takes place.

Using words like "you suck" just dumbs him down for me.

I liked when he said " you weak pathetic fool" a lot better

Just my opinion

This game is a throwback. It's a fan service, especially to those of us how lost quarter after quarter to the arcade MKs. "You suck" is the old Shao Kahn that many of us know and love. I personally enjoyed most everything about Kahn, excluding my first few fights against him...that was frustrating lol.

I just wasn't a fan of the "You will die, Mortal!" taunt. Excuse me if I'm wrong here but well-over half of the roster isn't mortal. You've got A God, a reptile, Edenians, Tarkatans, an Edenian/ Tarkatan, Robots, dead folks....... you get where I'm going. The line just did not work for this roster.

I just wasn't a fan of the "You will die, Mortal!" taunt. Excuse me if I'm wrong here but well-over half of the roster isn't mortal. You've got A God, a reptile, Edenians, Tarkatans, an Edenian/ Tarkatan, Robots, dead folks....... you get where I'm going. The line just did not work for this roster.

Raiden is the only immortal. The rest might be from different species, but they all will eventually face mortality.

Raiden is the only immortal. The rest might be from different species, but they all will eventually face mortality.

What about Scorpion? He's a specter of vengeance. So long as his thirst for vengeance is left unquenched he won't die. Does that not make him immortal?

What about Scorpion? He's a specter of vengeance. So long as his thirst for vengeance is left unquenched he won't die. Does that not make him immortal?

I don't know. I think the fact that he needs to seek revenge in order to live puts him out of the immortal category.

I don't know. I think the fact that he needs to seek revenge in order to live puts him out of the immortal category.

Fair, but I think they fact that so long as he seeks that vengeance he cannot be killed makes a strong claim for his immortality.