Make your own Tier List!

Camoufrage

I've come accross a few tier lists, and personally they seem completely useless to me. But some people respect them, so how about we make a thread where you can make your own Tier List to show newer players what YOU think is best and worst.

TOP TIER:
(5 Names here)

HIGH-MID TIER:
(5 names here)

MID TIER:
(5 names here)

LOW-MID TIER:
(5 names here)

LOW TIER:
(4 names here)

Not going to post one right now, maybe later.

Not mine personally. According to the Prima guide.[(PS3/Xbox) ratings.]
TOP TIER:
Shang Tsung (165/158 )
Raiden (161/154)
Kung Lao (159/152)
Nightwolf (158.5/151.5)
Johnny Cage (155/147)
Ermac (154/148 )
Smoke (153/147)

MID TIER:
Kabal (145/138 )
Liu Kang (142/136)
Kano (140.5/134.5)
Kitana (139/133)
Mileena (136.5/130.5)
Reptile (136/130)
Sindel (136/130)
Scorpion (135.5/129.5)
Sonya (134/128 )
Stryker (133.5/127.5)
Sub-Zero (133.5/127.5)

LOW TIER:
Jax (131/125)
Jade (130.5/124.5)
Cyrax (125.5/120.5)
Noob (124.5/119.5)
Sektor (123/117.5)

SHIT TIER:
Baraka (112/106.5)
Kratos (107/---)
Sheeva (105/100)
Quan Chi (103.5/98.5)
Cyber-Sub Zero (101/96)

Obviously if you master anyone or you're just sick at fighting, you can make anyone look like the best character in the game. This is my list from who I think are the easiest to learn and most powerful; as well as what I have seen from tournaments from the experts.

TOP TIER:
Ermac
Smoke
Noob
Nightwolf
Reptile
Kung Lao
Scorpion

HIGH-MID TIER:
Raiden
Kano
Kitana
Milenna
Cyrax

MID TIER:
Shang Tsung
Jade
Kabal
Sheeva
Sektor
Johnny Cage

LOW-MID TIER:
Cyber Sub Zero
Quan Chi
Sonya
Liu Kang
Stryker
Sindel
Jax

LOW TIER:
Sub Zero
Kratos
Baraka

Obviously if you master anyone or you're just sick at fighting, you can make anyone look like the best character in the game. This is my list from who I think are the easiest to learn and most powerful; as well as what I have seen from tournaments from the experts.

TOP TIER:
Ermac
Smoke
Noob
Nightwolf
Reptile
Kung Lao
Scorpion

HIGH-MID TIER:
Raiden
Kano
Kitana
Milenna
Cyrax

MID TIER:
Shang Tsung
Jade
Kabal
Sheeva
Sektor
Johnny Cage

LOW-MID TIER:
Cyber Sub Zero
Quan Chi
Sonya
Liu Kang
Stryker
Sindel
Jax

LOW TIER:
Sub Zero
Kratos
Baraka

SUB ZERO LOW TIER!! ARE YOU CRAZY!? thats just warped..

TOP TIER
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Reptile
Smoke
Ermac
Cyrax

HIGH MID TIER
Noob
Liu Kang
Kitana
Cage

MID TIER
Kung Lao
Kratos
Quan Chi
Raiden
Kabal
Cyber Sub-Zero

LOW-MID TIER
Baraka
Nightwolf
Sektor
Jade
Sindel
Sonya

LOW TIER
Mileena
Kano
Sheeva
Styker
Shang Tsung

Ill take a shot at this...

top tier
smoke
kung lao
raiden
nightwolf
ermac
cyber sub zero

high mid tier
shang tsung
reptile
cyrax
scorpion
kitana
subzero

^this or thisv for Jade im undecided

mid tier
kabal
johnny cage
noob
mileena
sonya
liu kang

low mid tier
sektor
quan chi
kano
stryker
sindel

low tier
baraka
sheeva
jax
kratos

this list is SUBJECT TO UPDATES.

Last edited:
ok this is just becoming a favourite's list rather than tier's

its not about who you are personally best with in order..

i'm excluding Quan chi and kratos cuse i don't want bias in my list

(high)
ermac
Raiden
kaball
baraka
reptile
sub zero/csz
cyrax
kitana
jade
kung lao

(mid)
liu kang
smoke
sektor
Johnny cage
noob
sindel

(mid low)
Mileena
shang tsung
kano
scorpion
jax

(low)
stryker
sheeva

they arent numbered or in any specific order.

God tier: Mechagodzilla, Raptor Jesus, Noob, Surprise buttsecks
Shit tier: Everyone else...

I haven't played online enough to recognize the strengths per fighter, except for Noob and Sub-Zero, the only 2 I play...

EDIT: Neg repped for this?
You need to get your ****ing priorities straight lol

Spoiler:
1hqxkh.jpg

Last edited:
Haha I knew I'd get crap about Sub-Zero. I just expected a ton more from him. Obviously any nasty gamer or someone who masters Sub can make him look sick. Just the initial feel to him was so slow and not impressive. Then they throw Cyber Sub-Zero at us and its basically a Sub-Zero who has Cyrax's bombs and can teleport.

He's by far my favorite character too. I just wish I was more into him in this game.

6-6-2016 MadeOfMetal's Tier List

S: Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda

A+: Kotal Khan, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin.

A: Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi.

B+: Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke

B: Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero

A+ some of them can either go one up or one down, and B+ and below are all still viable but have enough gaps in there neutral, zoning, footsies, space control or Air to ground that they need a pocket to win majors or be played through sets successfully.
it would also be good to note that my tier list does not have a Bottom tier, as many might know B is Mid tier and i feel this game is pretty well balanced considering some have very strong tools along with many strengths in all other fields and could get a small adjustment, and the low of them could be rised up a bit through several minor adjustments, and many variation's are lacking and not viable, but this tier list is based on the best variation or two of each character as a whole.

ALSO: S does not = God tier, its good matchups across the bord a couple bad ones but have general tools to deal with every situation. and the top S and A+ fall under this category.

Persoanl characters i mained: Cyrax - LK4D4, Mileena - Piercing, Alien - Acidic
nothing i said was biased, i left out personal agenda and placed according to their best skills/tools.

characters i can comment fully on is:

Cyrax is mid tier because he lacks Neutral game, and although his HTB's are great openers and can not be downplayed, all of his setups at high level matches are situational at best, there are options that are very viable to escape them, he has no true hit confirmable mixup strings like many other top tier charcaters. his only true Hit confirmable string is 111, high mid mid. his main combo starter special link is Net and it is very negative, making this option risky st best, his Buzzsaw is -8 and he can get away with this string on many characters to make his mixups safe, but the sacrifice of damage that he is left with makes it not a preferable option. his safe starter mixup into EX buzzsaw, cast a bar to make his options safe. and well he needs his meter for other things like strengthening his neutral with Armor punishes for gaps and stopping that pressure and wakeups with EX scatter port.

Mileena, has Many mixups, good footsies with B12 with option select on both hits that is hit confirmable, she has an arsenal of safe mixups, and her F3 even though slow with proper conditioning and respect she can land this or get option select throws and mixups off it. her Zoning is very decent, her anti zoning is great with tele kick. her gap closing is great with Roll and tele kick. her space control is very good with poressure strings like B12 which can be made plus 2 on block at max range, her Sai's, tele kick, and roll allow her to turn the tide through many instances she may be put in. great midscreen and corner damage. i get 52% for one bar in corner on my worst days online.

Alien, is a freak, one of my favorite characters, in Tarkatan she has the ability to make her rekkas jail, and can armor through normals. great midscreen damage, great corner damage, great range and space control with B3 and F3/F4 pounce, exo sting. has a good anti poking mid at 10 frames startup, F1. goes into mixup, and has a safe OH tail flip special, but if metered its unsafe, wich maks it fair, god knows we have many characters with safe mixups or ways to make it safe. none the less very strong mixup tools. great zoning in Acidic, great anti air's with 33, F4, U+3, D2. and alien can stop you from running in with Acid blood. also restand you, but you can armor out of the restand since its only plus 1-2 in combo. so its not a vortex any more.

Top Tier:
1. Jade
2. Kitana
3. Mileena
4. Sindel
5. Kratos

Mid Tier:
1. Kung Lao
2. Skarlet

Bottom Tier:
Everyone Else