Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

  1. #101
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,106
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2901
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by Voncroy View Post
    Favourite x-ray combo:
    Corner: B+1, 1, axe swing, axe swing, 1, x-ray - 48% (10 hits), combo start with JP = 51% (11 hits)

    I've done this, but at times I end up uppercutting instead of doing the ex choke.
    Don't know if it's the negative edge or just that I press it too quickly sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voncroy View Post
    Best match-ups:

    1st: Sub-Zero & Cyber Sub-Zero
    No need to separate those who are basically the same character. Ice powers are deadly, yes, but for Nightwolf is so, but sooo easy to reflect them that it is impossible for them to zone your Nightwolf. They will most likely not use their ice balls during the match and they will start at great disavantage since these two characters are all about freezing someone.

    2nd: Jade
    Why did I pick Jade? While Jade herself has also lots of tools of her own, most of them can be neutralized by Nightwolf. Her huge arsenal of projectiles will be worthless against Nightwolf in case he reflects them, plus his shoulder will be a pain in the ass for Jade, not to mention his annoying lightning. The funny thing is Jade can be immune for projectiles, but Nightwolf has so many tools that he will not be needing his arrows at all to fight Jade and to attack her from distance use lighting and in case she jumps, she axe swing for anti-air.

    3rd: Sindel
    Obvious choice. While Sindel is the most efficient zoner in the game, she's useless against Nightwolf. Be carefull when you play against Sindel. Use lighting and arrows wisely. Do not use reflect to send Sindel's air throws back to her, simply because she will be on the ground already once you do it. When she does regular projectiles - both normal and low - use reflector and she will regret it, but when she uses air throw, it's a free passaport to use absorb and gain more life bar. Also, Sindel simply doesn't respond well to pressure games in case you use shoulder. Have that in mind.


    Worst match-ups:

    1st NOOB, NOOB, NOOB SAIBOT!
    Good Lord! If you catch a Noob Saibot spammer online, you'll surely get frustrated. Despite being the most annoying zoner on Earth, Nightwolf cannot reflect his shadows and it will be very, very hard to catch Noob Saibot. Nightwolf is all about defense, but you will have to be smarter when playing against Noob Saibot. Jump over his shadows and get close enough do either his shoulder or lighting. Be careful not to be predictable, if you do shoulder all the time, your opponent will know it and will uppercut you. The best way to destroy Noob Saibot is jump over him and start a combo with JP and do a complete 40% combo against him. Good luck.

    2nd Cyrax
    While Cyrax is not as annoying as Noob Saibot at zonning, he's still damn good at pressure games. Note that Nightwolf will not be able to reflect his net or bombs and you'll barely know when he'll use his saws, plus his teleport is not punishable by none of Nightwolf's moves. First important rule: do not use lightning against Cyrax, it'll be useless. Second important rule: do not use shoulder when Cyrax teleports, a good Cyrax player will know and will crush you right away. Third important rule: do not use reflect against Cyrax's net, it'll be a waste of time. The best way to beat Cyrax is to use arrows from the opposite side of the screen and when he throws bombs and he's most vunerable, dash towards him before his bombs catch you. Use his basic combos I wrote up there: F+2, choke and F+3, B+4. A fast move and a low move to catch Cyrax off guard. Keep bars in case you need to break combos. When Cyrax uses his net, do absorb to gain life bar and try not to jump much since Cyrax is a damn good anti-air character. Good luck.

    3rd Raiden
    Seriously, I am not even going to write about this... this... rrr... Raiden is annoying, cheap and there's nothing you can do about it. Train against him, seriously. Watch out his teleport and see what your opponent does when he uses it. Be careful about the superman move. When you defend it, YOU HAVE TO DASH! and then start a combo. Don't worry about reflecting Raiden's projectiles because those are no concern. In case Raiden start a close fight, do shoulder or jump over him to start a combo. Again: PAY ATTENTION TO RAIDEN'S TELEPORT AND SUPERMAN!!! Good luck, you'll need it.

    Ok, I'll end here.
    Hope you enjoy this!
    Any suggestions for defending against GOOD Jax, Reptile, Scorpion and Sheeva players / AI on Hard or extreme Setting?

    These are the ones that I'm having the most trouble with lately.

    Scorpion's spear won't reflect.
    A good Reptile player will switch up between the acid spit and force ball, which is tricky to reflect.
    A good player with Sheeva is also difficult, due to anti-air.
    ^^ Same goes for Jax.

    Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks.

  2. #102
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    I've done this, but at times I end up uppercutting instead of doing the ex choke.
    Don't know if it's the negative edge or just that I press it too quickly sometimes.



    Any suggestions for defending against GOOD Jax, Reptile, Scorpion and Sheeva players / AI on Hard or extreme Setting?

    These are the ones that I'm having the most trouble with lately.

    Scorpion's spear won't reflect.
    A good Reptile player will switch up between the acid spit and force ball, which is tricky to reflect.
    A good player with Sheeva is also difficult, due to anti-air.
    ^^ Same goes for Jax.

    Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks.
    Reptile: Don't sit too far back; if they're switching up the projectiles, just dash block until you're close enough so that they won't use projectiles anymore. Can also reflect some of the projectiles on the way. I don't find Reptile to be dangerous from far, but I'm pretty good at using the reflect. I find Reptile is tougher when they're good up close.

    Jax: Watch out for his low starter (block low). I find the shoulder rush can work well on Jax after you block his combo string, or sometimes even during his combo string. Mix up your game with the shoulder rush, lightning, arrows, and your normal jump in combos.

    Sheeva: Never really have problems with her.. maybe I just haven't ran into a good player. Just don't jump into her if they're going to use anti-air grabs all the time. Like Jax, mix up your specials.

    Scorpion: Can be really tough, especially when they sit back and mix up the spear and the hellfire. I usually try and stay close so they can't use those two. When they start trying to mix up the slide and the overhead swords, jump over and start a jump punch combo before they do the slide or overhead. If they slide, shoulder rush them (instead of starting the combo), if they do overhead, combo them.

  3. #103
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,106
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2901
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyImGood View Post
    Reptile: Don't sit too far back; if they're switching up the projectiles, just dash block until you're close enough so that they won't use projectiles anymore. Can also reflect some of the projectiles on the way. I don't find Reptile to be dangerous from far, but I'm pretty good at using the reflect. I find Reptile is tougher when they're good up close.

    Jax: Watch out for his low starter (block low). I find the shoulder rush can work well on Jax after you block his combo string, or sometimes even during his combo string. Mix up your game with the shoulder rush, lightning, arrows, and your normal jump in combos.

    Sheeva: Never really have problems with her.. maybe I just haven't ran into a good player. Just don't jump into her if they're going to use anti-air grabs all the time. Like Jax, mix up your specials.

    Scorpion: Can be really tough, especially when they sit back and mix up the spear and the hellfire. I usually try and stay close so they can't use those two. When they start trying to mix up the slide and the overhead swords, jump over and start a jump punch combo before they do the slide or overhead. If they slide, shoulder rush them (instead of starting the combo), if they do overhead, combo them.
    Sweet.
    Thanks.

    I'll try that out.

  4. #104
    Tarkatan Warrior smoke1ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    ive learned the heavy bnb that does 41% meterless and a variation for x ray that does 51%, (very hard to do the meterless bnb online but possible )

    jip, f3, 1, hatchet, b2, hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash, 1, 2, 2, shoulder/ 41%
    jip f3, 1, hatchet, b2, hatchet dash, 1, dash 1, xray/ 51%
    Last edited by smoke1ne; 10-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Thanks to _Unknown_ for the Sig.

  5. #105
    Shaolin Monk Flagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,761
    Xbox Live
    cactus flagg
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    One of my fave corner combos with NW....

    Jp, F3, 1, axe, axe, F3, 1, 2, shoulder charge. Does around 40+% damage.

  6. #106
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke1ne View Post
    ive learned the heavy bnb that does 41% meterless and a variation for x ray that does 51%, (very hard to do the meterless bnb online but possible )

    jip, f3, 1, hatchet, b2, hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash, 1, 2, 2, shoulder/ 41%
    jip f3, 1, hatchet, b2, hatchet dash, 1, dash 1, xray/ 51%
    These were posted earlier, but with B1-1-1 instead of F3-1. A few enhanced ones a page or two back for more damage if you want to take a look. Plus, a 54% percent X-RAY similar to what you have there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    One of my fave corner combos with NW....

    Jp, F3, 1, axe, axe, F3, 1, 2, shoulder charge. Does around 40+% damage.
    I was playing offline, and did a nasty corner combo. Was about 48%, not sure exactly how it went. Maybe something like this:

    JP, B1-1-1, axe (maybe enhanced..), F3-1-2, F3-1-2, uppercut.

  7. #107
    Tarkatan Warrior smoke1ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by Voncroy View Post
    B1 is a much slower combo starter but the overall damage is much higher than F3, since it has more hits with B1, 1.

    For damage value, B1 is the best choice for Nightwolf hence why I use it. F3 has a con, as it hits low, the opponent can jump to punish you easily. But I DO use his F3, 1, 2 - that combo is a beast in corners.

    I do not use 1, 2, 2, axe swing since negative edge makes it unbereable for me to use. Negative edge kills Nightwolf.
    actually f3 hits someone if u use it exact same moment they jump if your next to them, but i mean all his other strings are too slow for that to even be an arguement because you would miss with anything else besides 1 and thats only 2 frame difference...

    f3, 1, is probably nightwolfs best string it stuffs certain wakeups and people laying down and connects after whiffing jip's on crouchers if they dont punish the jip whiff

    its damage is comparable to the b2, 2, string for a combo starter and it has only 9 execution frames second fastest next to 1

    f3, 1 is a god string it really makes up for nw not having a low starter or low special

    i agree that 1, 2, 2, is not the best due to neg edge
    Thanks to _Unknown_ for the Sig.

  8. #108
    Tarkatan Warrior smoke1ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyImGood View Post
    These were posted earlier, but with B1-1-1 instead of F3-1. A few enhanced ones a page or two back for more damage if you want to take a look. Plus, a 54% percent X-RAY similar to what you have there.

    I was playing offline, and did a nasty corner combo. Was about 48%, not sure exactly how it went. Maybe something like this:

    JP, B1-1-1, axe (maybe enhanced..), F3-1-2, F3-1-2, uppercut.
    I dont like using the b1, 1, 1 starter its too akward for input timing for my tastes and too unreliable without a jip so i totally disregard it completely, i would probably use it if the dmg was infact substantially larger then f3, 1 but it doesnt do 5% more in a bnb, it doesnt even do more then 3% i believe (not 100% sure)

    EDIT: @ Voncroy, ummm i saw you put f3, 1 not safe on block, when it is infact safe on block i use it then crossup and repeat to put pressure and as soon as a hits confirmed i follow through with my bnb
    Thanks to _Unknown_ for the Sig.

  9. #109
    Black Dragon Recruit Voncroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    735
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Hi Smoke1, I actually changed my mind over the months trying Nightwolf about F3. I do not remember saying F3, 1 was unsafe on block though. The only true unsafe combo string from Nightwolf is F3, B4. The rest is very, very, very hard to punish.

    B1 I only do it with JP or for corner pressure.

  10. #110
    Shaolin Monk Flagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,761
    Xbox Live
    cactus flagg
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voncroy View Post
    Hi Smoke1, I actually changed my mind over the months trying Nightwolf about F3. I do not remember saying F3, 1 was unsafe on block though. The only true unsafe combo string from Nightwolf is F3, B4. The rest is very, very, very hard to punish.

    B1 I only do it with JP or for corner pressure.
    B1,1,1 is the perfect tool for punishing blocked teleports, including Mileenas.

  11. #111
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    B1,1,1 is the perfect tool for punishing blocked teleports, including Mileenas.
    If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure using B1-1-1 after blocking Mileena hits her too far away to follow it up with anything.

    I find B1-1-1 is really only useful if you land a JP. If you start it up face-to-face they can hit you before you land the first stab.

  12. #112
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Been maining Nightwold for a few months now. Starting to get tired of him; I'm finding he has real problems dealing with more and more characters.

  13. #113
    Tarkatan Warrior smoke1ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyImGood View Post
    Been maining Nightwold for a few months now. Starting to get tired of him; I'm finding he has real problems dealing with more and more characters.
    I've been playing some really good players lately and it seems i get to do like 1 or 2 bnb's and then the rest is done by chip dmg or pokes or throws... and the occasional lightning trap when i know im gonna have enough meter for a breaker or enough health to accumulate enough meter later on in the match.

    You really must play consistent vs people that can read nightwolf which isn't really hard to begin with since his specials are predictable even on wakeup. Not to mention his mixup game is pretty bad.

    But im still having a lot of fun with him taking advantage of his lightning traps and clutch anti airs.
    Thanks to _Unknown_ for the Sig.

  14. #114
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke1ne View Post
    I've been playing some really good players lately and it seems i get to do like 1 or 2 bnb's and then the rest is done by chip dmg or pokes or throws... and the occasional lightning trap when i know im gonna have enough meter for a breaker or enough health to accumulate enough meter later on in the match.

    You really must play consistent vs people that can read nightwolf which isn't really hard to begin with since his specials are predictable even on wakeup. Not to mention his mixup game is pretty bad.

    But im still having a lot of fun with him taking advantage of his lightning traps and clutch anti airs.
    Yeah that's the problem, he is very very predictable. His shoulder charge is easily punishable by just ducking, and his BnB's tend to need a JP (since most start ups are quite slow, especially against faster characters.. which most are). I enjoy using him, just sometimes he's quite cumbersome and slow against a lot of characters, especially those with good mixups.

    Been thinking of learning another character, but just can't get into it at this point. Used to main Raiden, and now when I go back to him he feels sluggish. Half the moves don't seem to input properly.

  15. #115
    New Kombatant OhMyImGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Why can some characters/people (Scorpion, Smoke) jump over my character back and forth landing jump punches (while I block) with me unable to stop them without getting hit?

  16. #116
    Tarkatan Warrior smoke1ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyImGood View Post
    Why can some characters/people (Scorpion, Smoke) jump over my character back and forth landing jump punches (while I block) with me unable to stop them without getting hit?
    i like to shoulder out of pressure sometimes when ppl are being aggressive with crossups but dont make a habit of it lol
    Thanks to _Unknown_ for the Sig.

  17. #117
    Kombatant popnlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    el paso
    Age
    28
    Posts
    170
    Twitter
    @@13thpower
    PSN
    popnlocker
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyImGood View Post
    Why can some characters/people (Scorpion, Smoke) jump over my character back and forth landing jump punches (while I block) with me unable to stop them without getting hit?
    When that happens just neutral jump punch em.
    Hit up the tube
    www.YouTube.com/popnlocker13
    Or tweet me
    @13thpower

  18. #118
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,992
    Thanked: 945
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    I don't know shit with NW but I still win sometimes. The dude is amazing.

  19. #119
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    For the last while now, I've seen some videos of people doing Nightwolf combos and one thing always makes me think...

    Does anybody know if there are any advantages to using back+1 instead of back+2? For example, I do an axe swing, back+2, axe swing. Would back+1 be any better or worse in this situation? What about other situations?

  20. #120
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

    Hi guys,
    I like playing with nightwolf but, starting with 1,1,2,axe swing automatically goes for choke.
    I 50% choke and 50% axe swing. That ennoys me.
    Maybe i'll quit playing with nightwolf..
    And also i play on xbox, and the controllers suck, it randomly goes jumps when i hit left or right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Give them a chance
    By BBBLP in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
  2. Is NRS going to give us the shaft?
    By BBBLP in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 11:54 PM
  3. Boss strength mode idea
    By rocky in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 11:09 PM
  4. Give me some real news please!
    By Angel in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 04:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •