Nightwolf Thread - "Ancestors Give Me Strength"

Don't know if this combo has already been posted so here it is:
Midscreen-
f3,1,2+dash+2,3,ax swing+dash+2,3,ex choke
Wall-
1,2,2+2,3,ax swing+2,3,ex choke
1,2,2+2,3,ax swing+2,3,XRAY

Smoke is a 5-5 against Nightwolf.

Here's my thoughts: against Smoke, you have to play defensively. Purely. If a Smoke player is a spammer - which honestly he'll most likely be - play on defense. Smoke spammers have only 2 moves in mind: smoke bomb and teleport.

Rules against Smoke:

- Watch out the teleport. Block constantly! If you block a teleport, don't do an uppercut. It takes more damage if you do: axe swing, axe swing, wait a second then shoulder, or axe swing + choke = they nearly take 20% of life bar. It can be quite deadly against Smoke spammers.

- Don't worry about smoke bombs. Just block them. Once you block, dash once. From my experience, Smoke spammers are so dumb, they will most likely throw 2 some bombs or 1 some bomb and teleport. Block. When you see you are close enough, do shoulder. A smoke bomb will NOT catch Nightwolf doing shoulder.

- When the spammers try to do a close fight (LOL), Nightwolf has tools to overcome him. Watch out Smoke's low combos and use Nightwolf's low combos too. Otherwise, just do shoulder. Shoulder will make Smoke get away from you and from distance, spammers will either do smoke bomb or teleport and for that I already wrote what you have to do above :)

Smoke is a 5-5 against Nightwolf.

Here's my thoughts: against Smoke, you have to play defensively. Purely. If a Smoke player is a spammer - which honestly he'll most likely be - play on defense. Smoke spammers have only 2 moves in mind: smoke bomb and teleport.

Rules against Smoke:

- Watch out the teleport. Block constantly! If you block a teleport, don't do an uppercut. It takes more damage if you do: axe swing, axe swing, wait a second then shoulder, or axe swing + choke = they nearly take 20% of life bar. It can be quite deadly against Smoke spammers.

- Don't worry about smoke bombs. Just block them. Once you block, dash once. From my experience, Smoke spammers are so dumb, they will most likely throw 2 some bombs or 1 some bomb and teleport. Block. When you see you are close enough, do shoulder. A smoke bomb will NOT catch Nightwolf doing shoulder.

- When the spammers try to do a close fight (LOL), Nightwolf has tools to overcome him. Watch out Smoke's low combos and use Nightwolf's low combos too. Otherwise, just do shoulder. Shoulder will make Smoke get away from you and from distance, spammers will either do smoke bomb or teleport and for that I already wrote what you have to do above :)

pretty baller! thanks a ton man, this actually helped me improve my smoke game.

Seems like when i play patiently agaisnt smoke i always win. They get so frustrated to see their spam doesnt work

Blocking Smoke spammers has been the story of my life LOL

You cannot really play offensively against Smoke spammers. Once you try to jump towards him, they'll do teleport and once you try to run towards him, they'll overuse Smoke bombs. So, defense is the best way to go. Try that out online, it'll take practice though and you'll lose sometimes before you get used to that strategy, but most of the times, it ends up working well...

posted all the combos that have the correct format(remember I need damage AND amount of hits) and I realize now I should probably pick Nightwolf up again. So if I learn anything ill update the thread

I like this little combo:
f3, 1, hatchet, hatchet, dash, f3, 1, shoulder charge.

Nightwolfs combos i would say are tricky. Not difficult, but not easy like Kung Lao.

Last edited:
Some of those combos which involve dash and 1 or 2 are very hard to do online due to lag though :/

Even one of my favourite combos:
JF+1, B+1, 1, axe swing, ex axe swing, ex lightining, B+1, 1, shoulder (44%) is very hard to do since ex lightning in the middle of a combo requires almost a perfect timing when the opponent barely touches the ground :/

That's why I usually prefer to do meterless 20%-30% simple combos and 40% simple combos which require 1 meter bar, I get very frustrated when I dash and my punch simply does not link into a special move online.

As of now, Nightwolf's x-ray is one of best to be linked into a combo. The 48% x-ray combo posted in this page is one of the best to do online and it's incredibly simple!

Last edited:
Zoidberg, I noticed you put my basic combo F+2, choke (2 being triangle for PS3).

While that alone is good for putting the character away from you, F+2 has a hidden potential most Nightwolf players are completely unaware of. I will make this post about F+2 alone since I feel it's genuinely of the best tools Nightwolf has and most don't even know about it.

Let me explain it: F+2 is Nightwolf's "spear", so to say. If you catch your opponent by a F+2, he is unable to jump for at least 2 seconds wide open for a combo opportunity. IMPORTANT: while it's true that F+2 unables the opponent to jump, he's still able to block, so that move only has combo-potential for LIGHTNING.

JF - jump forward
1 - square
2 - triangle
ex - enchanced

Simplest combo of them all:
JF+1, F+2 (...) lightning = 12+8=20%

NOTE: F+2 CANNOT be linked into a combo. A reset happens there, BUT it's 100% safe to do lightning, since your opponent will be completely unable to jump and lightning is unblockable.

Now, it's time for enchaned lightning DUDES!

1 meter bar
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightning, choke, 12+18=30%
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightining, axe swing, shoulder, 12+21 =33%
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightning, B+1, 1, shoulder, 12+21=33%
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightning, axe swing, 1, dash, 1, shoulder, 12+23=35%

2 meter bars
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightning, ex choke, 12+22=34%
JF+1, F+2 (...) ex lightning, axe swing, ex axe swing, axe swing, shoulder, 12+31=43%!!!

NOTE: these enhanced lightning combos CANNOT be started in the corner, but only midscreen, since ex lightning has a pop-up effect and you need space from your opponent in order to keep the combo on.

This requires a bit of timing work, try these on and let me know what do you think of F+2 potential ;)
And I do these combos online all the time and I can garantee you they're 100% safe.

Last edited:
Some of those combos which involve dash and 1 or 2 are very hard to do online due to lag though :/

Even one of my favourite combos:
JF+1, B+1, 1, axe swing, ex axe swing, ex lightining, B+1, 1, shoulder (44%) is very hard to do since ex lightning in the middle of a combo requires almost a perfect timing when the opponent barely touches the ground :/

That's why I usually prefer to do meterless 20%-30% simple combos and 40% simple combos which require 1 meter bar, I get very frustrated when I dash and my punch simply does not link into a special move online.

As of now, Nightwolf's x-ray is one of best to be linked into a combo. The 48% x-ray combo posted in this page is one of the best to do online and it's incredibly simple!

nightwolf shouldnt use 2 meters for his combos nor xray

he has better meter usage.

anything into hatchet b2 hatchet dash 1 dash 122 shoulder is 37% (not including jump punch) and should be your BnB

the combo i posted involves 1 meter and is 43% with jump in punch

so if i can get 43% damage off of 1 meter im not going to waste another for like 2% more or 2 more for about 8% more.

its not how high can you get the damage up to, its how you can perform them consistantly and how meter efficient they are. Save your meter for breakers and exmoves by themselves when you need their armor and for wake up when your stuck in the corner. If you happen to have 3 meters and you need 1 more round to win then sure do the combo into the xray as long as you know it will kill him. Its all about managing your meter.

I very rarely save up meter for XRay moves with any character, and it's hillarious the amount of people that do, and THEN use their X Ray in the 1st round, often if they've all but lost the round anyway.

His meter is far, far better for things like Ex Shoulder, Ex Arrows and Ex Axe.

nightwolf shouldnt use 2 meters for his combos nor xray

he has better meter usage.

anything into hatchet b2 hatchet dash 1 dash 122 shoulder is 37% (not including jump punch) and should be your BnB

the combo i posted involves 1 meter and is 43% with jump in punch

so if i can get 43% damage off of 1 meter im not going to waste another for like 2% more or 2 more for about 8% more.

its not how high can you get the damage up to, its how you can perform them consistantly and how meter efficient they are. Save your meter for breakers and exmoves by themselves when you need their armor and for wake up when your stuck in the corner. If you happen to have 3 meters and you need 1 more round to win then sure do the combo into the xray as long as you know it will kill him. Its all about managing your meter.

I very rarely even use x-ray and I ONLY do 2-meter bar combo when I do have the meter full and when I know I won't be using breakers against my opponent. It ultimately depends on the fight and how you can manage the meter. I noticed against me my opponents tend to block a lot, so my meter increases pretty quickly. To me, a diference of 4% between 1 bar and 2 bar combos CAN decide a match, but that's only my opinion of course. I too have a consistent 37% 1 meter combo that works EVERYTIME, but I know I can go further. I feel it's such a waste to have a full meter for so long and not using it.

I'm only posting easy combos I may use online, not that I use them everytime LOL I challenge people who fought to count how many times have I even used an x-ray. We're different kind of players, I like to use the potential of Nightwolf's combo using his meter rather than using enhanced moves alone.

About his enhanced moves, when you have a full meter, I noticed the potential of using his enhanced shoulder as wake-up attack or his absorb to increase life bar. Nightwolf has a lot going on for him.

Last edited:
Nightwolf is a punish combo beast! B2,2 goes into axe. So does F3,1. And B1,1 and 1,2 and 1,2,2. The only thing that bugs me its easy to "miss" because of online lag.

got a couple more combos, small but effective:

f3,1,2+1,2,x-ray=8hits,44%
[1bar] f3,1,2+1,2,choke=7hits,29%(w/xx-9hits,31%)
[wall] f3,1,2+1,2,2,1=7hits,27%