Open Forum Challenge: Character Sticky Threads

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Today I did some reorganizing of the sections, and in doing so I created a new section which you are in now. This section will serve for all types of character gameplay related discussions, but what is still missing is a goto thread for each character. This is where YOU come in, we want you players who love a specific character to create a thread for that character.

I say model it after Zephna's excellent Jade Thread. Those who also create excellent threads like this reach out to me or any of the mods and we'll gladly sticky it in this section so it gets the attention it deserves!

Be sure to also check out this great official formatting guide: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...ad*-official-formatting-for-character-threads

Last edited:
Made a Nightwolf thread, would love to see what other people could come up with :D
Edit: Didnt look at Zephna's thread until now, will edit my topic to add some gameplay vids and such

Zephna did one hell of a job with that thread. Wish I had the time to put together a CSZ one. If anyone is willing to make one give me a pm and ill provide as much info as I have with him. I also have some info about Smoke so if anyone decides to make one, give me a pm and ill be more than happy to share some info about him.

Also keep in mind when creating new threads like this that can be long, double post into the thread to start it and put "Reserved for future use" in the second post. As often the thread will fill up and hit the character limit, so you may need a second thread.

So yeah, what do you guys think of my Mileena thread so far? Hopefully after I complete it, more people will play as Mileena online.

I'm amazed at how well this is turning out. Its almost like TRMK's own competitive community coming together. I encourage other people to help the original posters with combos, frame traps, strats, mixups, setups..ect. Basically help and contribute for the character that you main.

Someone should do one for Sektor.

I'm great with him, but I can't do it since I don't know any of those tourney terms like block string and buff.

Someone should do one for Sektor.

I'm great with him, but I can't do it since I don't know any of those tourney terms like block string and buff.
I don't even really know those terms, yet I still wrote a pretty good Mileena guide.

I would make a Liu Kang thread, but I only can offer one thing: X-Ray + Bicycle Kick = 10 hit combo worth about 38 or so percent damage and some other stuff copied off the guides around the internet (Which isn't much)

I would make a Liu Kang thread, but I only can offer one thing: X-Ray + Bicycle Kick = 10 hit combo worth about 38 or so percent damage and some other stuff copied off the guides around the internet (Which isn't much)

Anything you could contribute to a Liu Kang guide would be fine. Even if you don't know a lot of his kombos, open up the thread to fellow Liu players and I'm sure they'll help you post a few combos.

If you make it I'll post one myself!

I'm not good at giving real strategies for fighting games, but I still would like to create a Kitana thread. Would it be okay if I did and only posted her basic combos, special moves and fatalities?

I would LOVE to start an Ermac thread, as long as no one has a problem with me having a low post count here to do so. Got the guide for the basics and have some tricks I like to use with him. :)