Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

Chuck Tamblyn

For someone involved in the fire service I thought this was flippin bad ass! Video in link.
LINK:
http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-headlines/video-cee-lo-says-thank-you-firefighters

Just uploaded it to youtube

Grammy Award-winning recording artist Cee Lo Green has teamed up with Duracell to show his appreciation to the nation's fire service.

It may sound like an odd combination at first, but the singer says he owes a lot to the volunteer firefighters who pulled his mother from a near-fatal collision when he was 16 years old.

His mother also volunteered as a firefighter.

As part of Power Those Who Protect Us campaign, Green transformed his popular song "Forget You" into "Thank You".

The campaign is a battery donation program focused on aiding firehouses across the country with out-of-pocket power expenses.

"As entertainers in the public light, we have a unique opportunity to raise awareness for causes close to our hearts through our greatest passion: music," Green said in a statement. "That's why I am proud to join the Power Those Who Protect Us cause, to tell my own story and shed light on the tireless sacrifices our nation's volunteers make each and every day to protect their communities."

Last edited:
Haha that's nice of him. Lyrics are actually good too! At least it sounds like he actually meant it and it wasn't just a publicity stunt.

Haha that's nice of him. Lyrics are actually good too! At least it sounds like he actually meant it and it wasn't just a publicity stunt.

Agreed. I cannot say I'm the biggest fan of his music but he defiantly has my respect. Much props to his mother being a volunteer too.

That's awesome, I wouldn't mind becoming a firefighter on the side. Very inspirational song. How are you involved in the fire service Chuck?

That's awesome, I wouldn't mind becoming a firefighter on the side. Very inspirational song. How are you involved in the fire service Chuck?

Currently a volunteer. I have my Firefighter level 2 certification (highest you can go) and I start EMT school this fall. As soon as I get my EMT certification I've been talking to a few people about starting at a local fire station part time. Then when I get my paramedic certification next summer I hope to be a full time career firefighter.

Tell you what man it's a great thing to get into. You get a nice rewarding feeling like your actually making a difference. Sure I haven't saved anyone's life yet but that day is still to come! If your interested feel free to ask questions or go to your local fire dept and do some ride time. Not to mention chicks dig it ha.

Currently a volunteer. I have my Firefighter level 2 certification (highest you can go) and I start EMT school this fall. As soon as I get my EMT certification I've been talking to a few people about starting at a local fire station part time. Then when I get my paramedic certification next summer I hope to be a full time career firefighter.

Tell you what man it's a great thing to get into. You get a nice rewarding feeling like your actually making a difference. Sure I haven't saved anyone's life yet but that day is still to come! If your interested feel free to ask questions or go to your local fire dept and do some ride time. Not to mention chicks dig it ha.

Awesome dude, how does the volunteer firefighting work? Is it just like dispatching and all that? I am sure it is different here in Minneapolis vs Ohio like with regulations and what not. But I have a full time job and my schedule switches days and times weekly.

Awesome dude, how does the volunteer firefighting work? Is it just like dispatching and all that? I am sure it is different here in Minneapolis vs Ohio like with regulations and what not. But I have a full time job and my schedule switches days and times weekly.

Volunteers believe it or not make up about 75% of the fire service. Usually being a volunteer means you do it for free with the exception of pay per call departments. Even then your only getting $5 a call in most cases ha. How it works is they give you a pager that sends out a page if your dept is needed for service. So basically it's all about getting to the station as safely as possible but as fast as possible get on your gear and take off to the location. In Ohio they offer a 36 HR training course strictly for volunteer. But if you go higher than that (firefighter level 1 and 2) the training is far better and that could be used for career jobs.

One big argument that goes on and on is volunteer training. You only need so many training hours a year to keep your certification as opposed to a career department where they train on a regular basis. So people tend to slack and it costs lives. Not to mention how many guys get killed just responding to the station. IDK I could go on and on but I don't want to bore anyone ha.

Bottom line being a firefighter is a huge rush and a ton of fun. Teamwork at it's finest in what we call "controlled chaos".

I think I am the only one reading this, so you're not really boring anyone. I am a chef, so I know all about controlled chaos and teamwork. Yeah I read last night that volunteers do make up the majority of the department. I love the adrenaline rush, and plus all about connecting with your community. I got a great respect for the department. What I am curious is about this pager, what if I am at work and it goes off?! Would I be required to drop whatever I am doing and go?

I think I am the only one reading this, so you're not really boring anyone. I am a chef, so I know all about controlled chaos and teamwork. Yeah I read last night that volunteers do make up the majority of the department. I love the adrenaline rush, and plus all about connecting with your community. I got a great respect for the department. What I am curious is about this pager, what if I am at work and it goes off?! Would I be required to drop whatever I am doing and go?

Nope when your at work you don't need to respond. You have to make a percentage of calls each year but if your at a family event or work or anything of high importance to you then you are exempt. Technically you don't have to go to any call you don't want to. But of course a lot of pages go out at 4am in the morning when your sleeping ha.

Where you a Chef at if you don't mind me asking? But yes you guys defiantly have a chaotic job as well!

I am a chef Hyatt hotels. Nothing like being under heavy assault and pounding out over 600 plates for a dish up. All about team work! But yeah anyway, I am real intrigued about the on call status. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely look more into this. I work all hours, and this sounds like a great adventure of service and prestige. Glad you made this thread and had this dream, because I have been thinking about this the last month.

I am a chef Hyatt hotels. Nothing like being under heavy assault and pounding out over 600 plates for a dish up. All about team work! But yeah anyway, I am real intrigued about the on call status. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely look more into this. I work all hours, and this sounds like a great adventure of service and prestige. Glad you made this thread and had this dream, because I have been thinking about this the last month.
That's kind of how it started for me. I thought about it then I met my boss. He was a volunteer and just listening to his story's I knew I had to check it out for myself. So I signed up for the next Firefighter academy I could find and fell in love with it.

Keep me updated on what you do man!

I love Cee Lo. All his songs are great and origonal, and this is a good way to say thanks to those awesome firefighters.

That's kind of how it started for me. I thought about it then I met my boss. He was a volunteer and just listening to his story's I knew I had to check it out for myself. So I signed up for the next Firefighter academy I could find and fell in love with it.

Keep me updated on what you do man!

For sure! Thanks man, I got off work and was walking home today and past a truck and I was like that's awesome as he get into the big red with a bag of Doritos. Should have been there!

Mad respect to firefighters for all their work they do, they should be recognise more for their achievments and hard work.