Frame data, are we ever going to see it?

TONY-T

Anyone know?

I have an idea i think every mk fan would like.

In practise mode, when you hit your opponent it shows how much damage each particular move does. What i would like to see implemented in the game is when you set your opponent to "block" in practise mode and when you try and hit them with any particular move, it should display the amount of frames pluss or minus for that particular move. Similar to how the damage from moves is displayed, but with frame data instead.

Also similar with tekken, you should be able to scroll through your opponents move list and be able to activate that move so you can practise blocking or punishing against it.

thoughts?

Both ideas would be awesome to see implemented. The current training mode is terrible. Definitely needs a few upgrades. Frame data idea would be amazing, but I'd settle just for a chart too. I don't like that NRS didn't release the frame data.

U guys n ur training modes,,,mk1 never had a training mode had 2 train urself,,i never heard a guy crying about a training mode in the arcades as a kid,,now games can b plyed at home so people want assistants with making them better lol,,,mk1 u had 2 keep pumpin in quarters 2 get good not go though a training course

Good idea, Tom Brady did say that NRS dont plan on releasing frame data at this time. The only reason why I think they said that is because of the hidden fixes theyre doing behind the scene, probably constant adjustments with different characters to fix and balance a few.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?7890-Ask-Tom-Brady&p=195841&viewfull=1#post195841

I agree with Shffl, training mode is terrible and could use a few things..mainly a record feature for the computer. One of the things you want to practice for is how to punish a move. Without a record function in the training mode, its really hard to make the cpu do a certain move over and over again by yourself.

As far as frame data I hope we never see it like someone else basically said some of y'all seriously need to remember how gaming used to be without trainers and all that crazy concept get better just by playing not analizing things to death all that being said since we got practice mode might as well give us options to control the ai oh and games been out less then a month and y'all are complaining wow just wow

As far as frame data I hope we never see it like someone else basically said some of y'all seriously need to remember how gaming used to be without trainers and all that crazy concept get better just by playing not analizing things to death all that being said since we got practice mode might as well give us options to control the ai

That guy was actually just trolling...hes now banned.

I just find it crazy people wanting every small piece of info handed to them Instead of figuring it out on their own last I checked half the fun in gaming is discovery

As far as frame data I hope we never see it like someone else basically said some of y'all seriously need to remember how gaming used to be without trainers and all that crazy concept get better just by playing not analizing things to death all that being said since we got practice mode might as well give us options to control the ai oh and games been out less then a month and y'all are complaining wow just wow
lol, why are you so *****? (I didn't know which word to use tbh)

Truth is SSF4 has set a standard as far as competitive fighter goes. Top players need to train 1 hour or more a day, either to keep their execution, reaction or counter set ups top notch.

Currently, the practice mode of MK doesn't allow advanced players to train properly (recording a dummy for example). So it's nearly impossible to test certain specific scenarios. And hard to practice your traps and wake up/special counters. This makes it very difficult for people (all skill levels) to up their game, practice matchups or maintain their level.

So it's a legitimate complain.

Simple arcades are where the competative gaming started and no arcade game has a practice mode sure its not easy but well worth the effort to learn on your own sorry but it reminds me of tiger woods recent over analizing

Sad to say but people need to realize that Arcades are being replaced with home online gaming. Thats where the direction is heading so its best to just support that direction.

Competitive fighting games did start at the arcades thats why you see a lot of tournament players harboring arcade sticks to play with.

I'm all for console gaming I just find it rediculous wanting to be spoon fed information
You know for most advanced players, figuring out frame data is not even that hard. They could probably figure out advantage and disadvantage by themselves in a matter of weeks. So this would actually be a lot more helpful for newbs or intermediate players that aren't familiar with frame data and the whole frame trap concept.

Doesn't change the fact that having a proper practice mode would benefit everyone.

Last edited:
Honestly mk doesn't require that much knowledge doesn't require a genious to see which moves move faster or slower then others but again I agree some kind of AI setup for practice would be usefull and last I checked even ssf4 doesn't flat out tell me frame data besides if nrs is going to be tweaking things under the Hood continuously then frame data is useless until said tweaks are final

Last edited:
Knowing frame data will only help maximize your characters potential. Sure some people might enjoy finding it out themselves but thats half the battle, now you will need to apply it or otherwise you're just wasting your time.

So give me the data, let me apply it. But I agree with mrb1973, there are ninja tweaks thats going on behind our back so its ludicrous to release the frame data now. Thats another reason why NRS never released frame data in the guide.