Story Mode Thread.

Aldo Moreno

Since I haven't really seen any threads talking about story mode, so I started a story mode thread to discuss about the story.

I will start off by saying they did a bad idea with killing off a lot of the favorite characters in the series. I don't really understand why they did that. It was stupid. Its only of the only flaws in MK9. Killing them off was really unnesscary. Hopefully in MK10 they kome back, if not, thats a big SMH.

I'm guessing they killed them off so that they can have more time to work in the newer characters since most of them were just copies of the older charcters. That and with the neitherrealm going to invade earth it kinda gives them a reason to be there

I'm guessing they killed them off so that they can have more time to work in the newer characters since most of them were just copies of the older charcters. That and with the neitherrealm going to invade earth it kinda gives them a reason to be there

But why? Almost everyone hates new characters. The netherrealm is going after Outworld and Earthrealm so why didn't they just kill off some of the people in Outworld?

Perhaps this should be in the Spoiler section...

Spoiler:
Anyway, the reason they killed off so many characters is quite simple to me. It's because now, with so many great warriors as their puppets, Quan Chi and Shinnok have a formidable army at their beck and call. It makes their coming power-play to take everything down much more plausible. It actually makes a lot of sense in the construct of the narrative to do what [the writers] did. I mean, I can see Liu Kang's resurrected soul coming back looking to kick Raiden's ass for "dooming us all" as he put it.

But why? Almost everyone hates new characters. The netherrealm is going after Outworld and Earthrealm so why didn't they just kill off some of the people in Outworld?

I think it's to work on and build the characters. For example shao Kahn is now dead we saw it happen no way is he coming back to life anytime soon. That means that it gives are man reiko to take over outworld in mk4. For the new Mkda story they can say quan chi survived the battle between neitherrealm and earth and has now resurrected Shang tsung. And so on and so on. Here is one more that you might like. Kai after hearing about the death of Liu goes to the shaolin temple to pay his respect. He meets Bo rai cho while over there and starts to train with him. After some time both of them some how found a way to bring both Liu and Kung back to life, and BAM a new and more interesting story for a not so popular character

Everyone hated Stryker, now look at him!
They're going to go all out with these post UMK3 guys.

Watch and QUOTE ME ON THIS, in a few years everyone will be like "Oh man look at Kai! Look at Hotaru! Oh man Shujinko is such a badass! Oh man look how cool Kob- no, I don't think they could ever help him :)

Everyone hated Stryker, now look at him!
They're going to go all out with these post UMK3 guys.

Watch and QUOTE ME ON THIS, in a few years everyone will be like "Oh man look at Kai! Look at Hotaru! Oh man Shujinko is such a badass! Oh man look how cool Kob- no, I don't think they could ever help him :)

If that happens, will there be a chance of the old characters STILL being apart of the story?

I heard Stryker, so I'm here :)
On Topic: I still don't believe Sindel did all of that.... I'm still stunned thinking about it; and yeah, I agree with b,b,b,lp, we're probably gonna be seeing alot of post UMK3 fighters in the future.
I can't really get mad at Raiden for all the events in the Story Mode; he did all he could do to prevent the future events and it wasn't till the end that he was able to truly recognize what Dark Raiden meant; I was surprised when he went to Quan Chi though.

So was I. People do krazy things when Gods don't help them, even in the real world.

Yeah; even worse was the deal Raiden tried to give Quan Chi; I was thinking, "You better hope Liu doesn't hear about this deal, or he's gonna go all crazy on you" lol.

Baraka and Sheeva got no love in story mode though lol. The best part Baraka was in(in my opinion) involved Jax telling him, "Damn you ugly!" (Still one of my favorite lines in the whole story mode :)).

Baraka and Sheeva got no love in story mode though lol. The best part Baraka was in(in my opinion) involved Jax telling him, "Damn you ugly!" (Still one of my favorite lines in the whole story mode :)).

^ Baraka carrying shotguns and shooting people was the worst part in the story.

hahaha ya. the idea of anybody having a gun in mk besides sonya, jax, or stryker is just dumb. whats next? goro driving a tank?

Last edited:
hahaha ya. the idea of anybody having a gun in mk besides sonya, jax, or stryker is just dumb. whats next? goro driving a tank?
Lol. Shao Kahn + Pogo Stick= Epic Friendship. NRS make it happen ;)
"That is no toy! It belongs to Shang Tsung!"
I lol'd when Baraka said that.

Something else I noticed, I was watching one of my favorite commentators on Youtube playing MK's Story Mode and I just noticed Motaro died too lol. I forgot all about him...