Looking for Baraka Help.

Demetrius

I really like his blades-out-the-arms style, but I just can't seem to get a grip on his gameplay. Every Combo I start only lasts for about four or five hits, because he knocks people away from him.

It's not so much that I don't like how he plays, its that I don't know how he plays. Any help here?

he's probably the worse character for stringing big hit combo's , his style is just to cause damage with lots of short combo's, just barrage them with blades! lol

Baraka has got to be the worst character in the game. I have only used him once outside of challenge tower in Arcade, and I noticed that it was difficult to string together anything more than basic 3-4 hit combos. Hope you aren't considering maining him.

Baraka has got to be the worst character in the game. I have only used him once outside of challenge tower in Arcade, and I noticed that it was difficult to string together anything more than basic 3-4 hit combos. Hope you aren't considering maining him.

Unfortunately this.

He's one of my favorite characters but he's terrible in this game. None of his moves work well in combo strings and he's pretty slow. I was pretty disappointed the first time I tried him out.

Best advice I can give you: don't play as him. He's a terrible character. Don't buy any of this, "In the right hands, any character is great" BS. While in the right hands, any person can get good with a character, that does not make the character itself inherently good. He's slow, he can't string combos, he's weak, and he looks terrible. Just pick a different character- a good one, like...Scorpion, or Ermac.

@MW7519, I agreed that he does suck but let Tom Brady play him against anyone in this forum and I bet you he will win in a set of 10 matches.

If he likes the character, let him play it. In his defense, who would want to play a character thats played by everyone :p
Let him be different..if he decides to change his main down the line then thats cool, thats his choice.

@MW7519, I agreed that he does suck but let Tom Brady play him against anyone in this forum and I bet you he will win in a set of 10 matches.

If he likes the character, let him play it. In his defense, who would want to play a character thats played by everyone :p
Let him be different..if he decides to change his main down the line then thats cool, thats his choice.

I guarantee I would wipe the floor with him and anybody using Baraka. I would literally bet money on it.

And so what if he wants to be "unique". Okay, being unique is great, unless you actually want to win. You know what would be unique? Putting a V4 engine in a NASCAR and racing it- yeah, unique, but a terrible idea. Just like using Baraka. There are plenty of characters which people don't generally use, like Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, or even Reptile that are still wonderful. Baraka on the other hand is a failed experiment, and just doesn't deserve to be played.

I guarantee I would wipe the floor with him and anybody using Baraka. I would literally bet money on it.

What? You're betting money that you would beat Tom Brady while him using Baraka? I can contact him, how much money are we talking about?

And so what if he wants to be "unique". Okay, being unique is great, unless you actually want to win. You know what would be unique? Putting a V4 engine in a NASCAR and racing it- yeah, unique, but a terrible idea. Just like using Baraka. There are plenty of characters which people don't generally use, like Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, or even Reptile that are still wonderful. Baraka on the other hand is a failed experiment, and just doesn't deserve to be played.

Btw thats a horrible analogy to make. But again, if the person wants to use Baraka and wants to better his own play style with Baraka then let them. Thats his choice and his decision, not yours to make for him.

Last edited:
What? You're betting money that you would beat Tom Brady while him using Baraka? I can contact him, how much money are we talking about?

Btw thats a horrible analogy to make. But again, if the person wants to use Baraka and wants to better his own play style with Baraka then let them. Thats his choice and his decision, not yours to make for him.

Let's say....50 bucks? You want to call the guy up and tell him to go "master" Baraka? I'll be happy to whip his ass with Scorpion up and down the arena. He could be the best gamer in the world and he still wouldn't have a chance because A: I'm really good with Scorpion, and B: because Baraka is absolutely horrible.

And also, how is it a bad analogy? Explain your logic to me. Baraka is easily the worst character in the game, yet he is unique- just like a V4 engine is the worst engine available for a car, but it too is unique among engines. The thing that these two have in common is that they are both terrible- they're weak and useless. Seems like a good analogy to me.

And yet, you tell me it's his choice, and his decision, and that I shouldn't make it for him- aren't YOU making it for him? He clearly realizes that almost nobody uses Baraka because, guess what? He sucks. Yet, you attempt to tell him that he should keep using it regardless. You have your opinion, I have mine. We're both sharing it with OP here. The difference is, if you really believe Baraka can be used effectively, you're 100% wrong, and I'm 100% right.

@OP: Take my word for it. There's a reason nobody uses Baraka. When you get down to it, Baraka is just a disadvantage. Maybe you could get so good with him that you'd be able to beat people, but there would always be some out there that were also just as good with characters who didn't have handicaps like Baraka, and they will beat you. If you want to be good at the game, use a GOOD character. End of story.

You obviously dont know who Tom Brady is. And no im not making any decisions for him, in fact im just helping him in his decision of playing Baraka. Can you quote me where I said he can be used effectively? I already stated that he sucks but if he choose to play him then let him.

OP, if you like Baraka, Play him.

Edit: 1,000 and I can have this match arranged and streamed, give me a pm.

"let tom brady use him"....Pretty sure that implies that the character can be used effectively- if he couldn't be used effectively, he wouldn't be able TO be used. And you're right, I don't know who Tom Brady is, but I can deduce that he's probably some fellow who has a higher gamerscore than he does brain cells and who is revered for his "gaming abilities", and if so, I don't care- as I said before, he can be the best gamer in the world and I will still smash him if he uses Baraka.

1,000 and I can have this match arranged and streamed, give me a pm. Put your money where your mouth is ;)

Thought you'd smash any player using Baraka? Basically its easy bank money for you correct? He wont play you for free ill tell you that much, hes way too busy to play anyone for free.

Put your money where your mouth is ;)

Thought you'd smash any player using Baraka? Basically its easy bank money for you correct? He wont play you for free ill tell you that much, hes way too busy to play anyone for free.

Put your money where your mouth is ;)

Sure, I happen to know that there's a 99.9999% chance I'm going to win because Baraka sucks and I'm a damn good gamer in my own right- but why would I waste my money like that? Maybe my controller dies for a moment in the middle of the fight, maybe I press the guide button, maybe I don't pull off a combo the right way- I'm out one grand. It has nothing to be with being afraid of losing or "putting my money where my mouth is", it has everything to do with not being an idiot. I also don't happen to give one flying **** about this Tom Brady ass hole. He doesn't play for free? I'm not surprised, he sounds like a royal douche who probably spends his day playing Halo instead of making an honest living.

If that makes me a pussy, or scared, so be it- you're some random douche on a forum and I really don't happen to care. None of this changes the fact that Baraka is a terrible character that no one in their right mind should play, which is why this "argument" got started. So please, do us both a favor and stop being so ignorant.

Thanks for proving me that you dont even have the slightest clue who Tom Brady is. Btw, you wouldnt be wasting money if you knew 100% sure you'd win. So PM me anytime tough guy.

Thanks for proving me that you dont even have the slightest clue who Tom Brady is. Btw, you wouldnt be wasting money if you knew 100% sure you'd win. So PM me anytime tough guy.

Pretty sure we just covered all of this, but okay, thanks broseph. I'm sure "Tom Brady" is glad to know that there's somebody out there willing to suck his dick.

The amount of ignorance coming out of you is pretty pathetic, I almost feel bad for you. Cant wait until tomorrow morning when everyone sees how stupid and ignorant you are lol.

Pm me anytime, offer stands.

The amount of ignorance coming out of you is pretty pathetic, I almost feel bad for you. Cant wait until tomorrow morning when everyone sees how stupid and ignorant you are lol.

Pm me anytime, offer stands.

Right- I'm the ignorant one because I don't worship some douche bag who plays video games for a living, and happen to think that Baraka is a bad character when, you know, NOBODY plays as him? Yes, I'm so ignorant....Lol. As if I gave a **** what you or any other tool on this forum thinks. News flash bright bulb: it's a MORTAL KOMBAT FORUM. You're just some text on a computer screen. But I guess a smart guy like you realizes that? Meh. Or not.

You have yourself a great night, sunshine.