TRMK Konquest Guide Problem...

MKAddict

Firstly, I'd like to say that these forums have really helped me figure out what I'm doing in Konquest mode (for the most part). So thanks!

However, I really want to take a look at the Konquest Strategy Guide that TRMK has. When I view it, I get the map with the icons, but nothing on the page does anything when I place my cursor over the icons or even click on them. The page loads and says, 'Done, but with errors on the page" down on the status bar. When I look at the error, I always see 'Syntax Error' and there are numerous places where this happens on the page (I can scroll through the errors).

Anybody else have this problem. I haven't seen any mention of it on the boards...so it seems it is working for most people anyway. Got any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Drew said:
What browser/version are you using? You might be using an unsupported browser.

Is sounds like Internet Explorer to me. None of the javascript code in the Konquest guide should be throwing any syntax errors. I'm thinking it is your browser.

I think doing a good cache clearing, and then making sure you have the latest windows service pack installed. Also do some spyware checking with AdAware or SpyBot S&D. Both can be googled to find their URL's.

Also, try downloading Firefox. I think it's just as good as IE is right now.

It could be IE's security settings too, I'll play around with them to see if they cause any error.

Also please let me know what version of Windows and IE (or any other browser) that you use. I want to get all the bugs out if any exist.

Thanks!

Browser

Thanks for all the responses. I'm using IE version 6. I have IE set to always show the newest version of the page every time I visit a site. I also use Ad-Aware, Symantec Corp. Anti-Virus, and Symantec Corp. Firewall.

I also have Netscape Navigator version 7.1. Tried looking at it in that browser. Same thing happens, except no errors were displayed (probably because I don't have Netscape set to display them or something...rarely use it.

I checked Windows Update for any new critical updates...none to download. I use Windows XP Pro. I haven't installed Windows XP SP2...seems to cause more problems than it is worth. So my OS is probably the culprit, or I need to repair IE or something. Don't worry about me...I'll figure it out. I just wanted to know if I was the only one having problems...seems I am =)

Thanks everyone.
Holly

Re: Browser

MKAddict said:
Thanks for all the responses. I'm using IE version 6. I have IE set to always show the newest version of the page every time I visit a site. I also use Ad-Aware, Symantec Corp. Anti-Virus, and Symantec Corp. Firewall.

I also have Netscape Navigator version 7.1. Tried looking at it in that browser. Same thing happens, except no errors were displayed (probably because I don't have Netscape set to display them or something...rarely use it.

I checked Windows Update for any new critical updates...none to download. I use Windows XP Pro. I haven't installed Windows XP SP2...seems to cause more problems than it is worth. So my OS is probably the culprit, or I need to repair IE or something. Don't worry about me...I'll figure it out. I just wanted to know if I was the only one having problems...seems I am =)

Thanks everyone.
Holly

Could you get me a screenshot of the syntax errors? (Hit PRINTSCREEN, paste into Paint and save the file.)

What is your security settings set to in IE?

I also wonder if one of the programs you are using are changing security settings.