looking for ermac mentor

lordrutland

same as the title need someone to help tighten up my game with ermac just to give me some helpful hints tips an tricks of the trade for him
would be most appreciated :D

gtag:lordrutland

Is it? I must be missing something because i see nothing humorous about it

Your sig is slightly humorous, and as such the thread is slightly funny now :p

But seriously, I don't have the abilities to "train" anyone on Ermac, but I can give some helpful hints;

Ermac is capable of doing a two hit combo in the air, similar to Sonya or any of the Ninja's with a throw button, by using his Force Shot (Down Back Y or Triangle, depending on which console your on.) Force Shot can also be used to keep Cyrax away from you while your jumping back.

Back (Y or Triangle) is probably one of his most versitile moves; If the opponent is blocking, holding it for a second and then releasing causes it to be unblockable, and if they are NOT blocking, you can imediately press (X or Square) and then Down Back (X or Square) to start a full combo on them.

Demetrius

thanks for the hints ill remember that about cyrax next time i play against him :)

an also whats a good strat to do if someone is constantly blocking low to get away from your combos with ermac?

thanks for the hints ill remember that about cyrax next time i play against him :)

an also whats a good strat to do if someone is constantly blocking low to get away from your combos with ermac?

Look for an attack that can hit them in the Mid.. i know the Jump Punch is a Mid attack.. idk much bout ermac but you can always go into practice mode and experiment with his attacks and specials

*EDIT* Jump Punch is actually a good one though because it pops them up leading into a juggle combo

well the hover slam is unblockable..so that might work

When people sits down and block everything, do the same, they will get bored and try to attack, that's when you will teleport and attack, works all the time.

If they turtle up, get to a comfortable distance, use Ermac's projectile for some long ranged chip damage. Be wary of teleports, if they toss one out, be ready to block it and start a combo off with his downback.X.

If they start tossing out their own projectiles too frequently, use his teleport, crouching jab, levitate to do some damage while they recover. Also mix up the teleport pattern, jump towards them, bait an uppercut, then teleport and land a hit.

Easy combo's include levitate followed by the choke move, or levitate, jumpkick, teleport, dash Y,Y, choke.
You can also land his X-Ray a second after the levitate hits, best to keep it to combo's and not waste it.

I find his choke is a good anti air from most distances, it's also very quick and can be used to counterattack fast specials like Liu Kang's dragon kick. Forward B is a nice command normal that hits them low while walking forward and if you are close to them after a knockdown mix it up with sweeps and throws.

I'm still new with Ermac, but these basics seem like more than enough for most people.

If they turtle up, get to a comfortable distance, use Ermac's projectile for some long ranged chip damage. Be wary of teleports, if they toss one out, be ready to block it and start a combo off with his downback.X.

If they start tossing out their own projectiles too frequently, use his teleport, crouching jab, levitate to do some damage while they recover. Also mix up the teleport pattern, jump towards them, bait an uppercut, then teleport and land a hit.

Easy combo's include levitate followed by the choke move, or levitate, jumpkick, teleport, dash Y,Y, choke.
You can also land his X-Ray a second after the levitate hits, best to keep it to combo's and not waste it.

I find his choke is a good anti air from most distances, it's also very quick and can be used to counterattack fast specials like Liu Kang's dragon kick. Forward B is a nice command normal that hits them low while walking forward and if you are close to them after a knockdown mix it up with sweeps and throws.

I'm still new with Ermac, but these basics seem like more than enough for most people.
thanks this actually helps alot bro :D

Okay, well for those of us who don't have a Kitana blow-up doll........

Or for people who wants to be good at fighting games. You know, some of us likes to win online. You can replace the word mentor for training buddy if that makes you feel a little bit better.

Edit: Btw, thats very immature of you to take a stab at people like that. If anything, it sounds like your just projecting yourself ;). You dont know any of us at the personal level so dont pass judgement.

The guy is looking for a "mentor" in a video game. Seems kind of lame and funny to me.

My friends used to come over and train in FPS... we'd all LAN up to get our team work together. Now they come over to train Mortal Kombat. So there's nothing wrong with that. It's almost the same thing like training for MMA. If you really want to get good you need to work on all aspects and go up against as many different styles as possible. This guy is taking his training seriously. Not uncommon in competitive gaming.
I'd help you out... but being in Hawai'i the lag online is ridiculous. Playing with people NOT in Hawai'i after two hits I disconnect. Ermac is one of my favorite characters too. He has some great pop up juggles. He's a really good offensive character.

Or for people who wants to be good at fighting games. You know, some of us likes to win online. You can replace the word mentor for training buddy if that makes you feel a little bit better.

Edit: Btw, thats very immature of you to take a stab at people like that. If anything, it sounds like your just projecting yourself ;). You dont know any of us at the personal level so dont pass judgement.

Proecting myself....From what, exactly? Lol. Can you not take a joke? The fact you're taking it so personally proves that I don't need to know you at a personal level to make a judgement about you. It's a video game. I play it, I enjoy it- and guess what? By playing it, I get better at it. I have a pretty good win-loss ratio, and while I'm definitely not the best out there, I actually have a life, which is why I don't have the time or the will to find a "mentor" to teach me a freaking video game, so sorry if that makes me "judgemental". I guess you and your training buddies are just more mature than me.

Proecting myself....From what, exactly? Lol. Can you not take a joke? The fact you're taking it so personally proves that I don't need to know you at a personal level to make a judgement about you. It's a video game. I play it, I enjoy it- and guess what? By playing it, I get better at it. I have a pretty good win-loss ratio, and while I'm definitely not the best out there, I actually have a life, which is why I don't have the time or the will to find a "mentor" to teach me a freaking video game, so sorry if that makes me "judgemental". I guess you and your training buddies are just more mature than me.

Projecting yourself, its a psychology term. I'm assuming you never took psychology class in High School. Anyway, if that was a joke, that was a horrible one. I'd advise from being a comedian. We obviously play the game very differently but dont make an excuse by saying you have a life. I'm going to question your "life" here for a second, what makes your life so busy to state that? At the age of 18, you should have all the time in the world. Wait until you get to my age when you have real bills to pay by the end of the month.

If you're going to question my life, I work 40 hours a week while attending school trying to get into med school. You dont see me using an excuse not to find a training buddy to better my game with.

So I guess me and my training buddies are more mature than you. Thanks for playing.

Projecting yourself, its a psychology term. I'm assuming you never took psychology class in High School. Anyway, if that was a joke, that was a horrible one. I'd advise from being a comedian. We obviously play the game very differently but dont make an excuse by saying you have a life. I'm going to question your "life" here for a second, what makes your life so busy to state that? At the age of 18, you should have all the time in the world. Wait until you get to my age when you have real bills to pay by the end of the month.

If you're going to question my life, I work 40 hours a week while attending school trying to get into med school. You dont see me using an excuse not to find a training buddy to better my game with.

So I guess me and my training buddies are more mature than you. Thanks for playing.

LOL. "Protecting myself" is a psychology term? Really? That's interesting. Thanks for tha t little anecdote, but that doesn't really answer my question- what am I "protecting myself" from?

Yes, you're right, we do play the game differently. I play the game when I come home from class every day for about an hour, and you try to master the fine arts of Shang Tsung in the time when you aren't, ahem..."Paying bills". News flash: I'm turning 19 in 9 days, I live by myself in an apartment near my college, at which I'm pursing a Journalism degree- and I work at a bookstore. Don't preach to me about "working 40 hours a week and trying to attend school" like you're some wise-ass prophet, you have the same life I do. The only difference is, between posting a handful of times every week on this forum and playing the game, Mortal Kombat is a small sliver of my life, whereas you are actually sitting here trying to defend someone's incessant need to become "good" a game by finding a mentor at it.

I always love when people claim maturity, then they go and argue with the person they claim to be immature. If you're so mature, walk away and stop making yourself look like more of a tool than you already have. Don't try playing mental chess with me, you'll be checkmated every time. Toodles.

Last edited: