Mortal Kombat levels inspired by The Matrix?

Nomercy85

The dojo training level with the drum music is very reminiscent of where Neo does his training with Morpheus.

Also the subway level with the newspapers floating around and phone ringing in the background reminds me of the subway scene.

Last edited:
Actually, the creators of the Matrix went forward in time and was so amazed by MK's maps that they placed them in the movie. Good job chaps!

Oh I forgot to add how when you defeat Shao Kahn in arcade, he explodes like Agent Smith does.

ROUND ONE! FIGHT!

They could have Neo appear as a secret character by crushing Smith on the ceiling and flipping onto the platform like in the movie. You could unlock him via a secret input while the phone was ringing or by getting a double flawless+fatality when the phone made a unique ring. They could make him look like an oldschool digitized sprite. Plus some of his moves are already in the game like Liu Kang's bicycle kick and Stryker's Gunfire. lol.

Last edited:
When Sektor does his teleport uppercut, it has the 'matrix text' (forget what the hell it is called right now).

yeah the Matrix, Terminator, Predator, Transformers, Big trouble in little China errr just a few movies it borrows from oh and lets not forget Enter the Dragon

HEX means hexadecimal it goes from 1 to 15 with the numbers from 10 and up beeing labeled with letters (A=10, B=11 ...)
And matrix uses a code with numbers , letters and even some special characters

Sektor teleport thing is just 1 and 0s to represent binary code and give u a cybernetic feel I guess

wow all these movie themes rolled up into one neat package. not to mention charlies angels theme in kitanas ladder ending