In this thread: we want cyborg smoke back and cyber sub zero gone

Going Cyber was the upgrade Sub-Zero needed (ho,ho). I like him more now than ever. I'd also rather Smoke stayed human.

I want all 4 of them. as much as I love human Smoke more than the cyborg one, the cyborg is pretty cool too. cooler than the other two imo. if he has a unique moveset and if CSZ can also get a unique moveset (I haven't seen him much and people claim he's like playing with Subzero and Cyrax), I want all four of them. maybe starting with human Subzero and Smoke at the initial roster and unlocking the two cyborg versions for the fun of it (in story mode I'd prefer both as humans and drop the ball on someone else. how about Frost? :p)

Nah, both of them should stay human. That's what they were created to be and they fit the ninja roles well. CBZ was a good one-off that shouldn't be seen again. Smoke should just stay human because I don't want them ****ing up the character again.

No thank you. :p

see that's the problem, NO ONE wants someone as cyborg without another person wanting that person human :p so having all four of them rocks imo. Cyrax and Sektor are so much less complicated, cyborgs from the beginning and loved as cyborgs. Subzero is loved as human mostly and Smoke is loved for both. I say bring them all in, cyborgs and humans :D

Nah, both of them should stay human. That's what they were created to be and they fit the ninja roles well. CBZ was a good one-off that shouldn't be seen again. Smoke should just stay human because I don't want them ****ing up the character again.

Smoke was only human for one game as a human (as a secret non-playable character no less) and he was just a palette-swapped ninja with Scorpion's moves. He didn't have much of any identity at all until he became a cyborg. I really don't think there's much basis at all to say he was created to be a human. He was simply human because all the hidden characters were palette-swapped ninjas based on memory restrictions. He never grew into a real character until he got the cyborg treatment. Don't get me wrong, the new Human Smoke is all kinds of fun, but being human is still the minority of his time as a character (even more so as a playable character).

POINTLESS. bring back Cyber Smoke, but why get rid of Cyber Sub? Thats stupid. He's a good kharacter. Here's a simple solution. DONT PICK HIM

Even if I love Cyber SUb Zero... If I could chose once again... Smoke should be the cyborg and Not Sub Zero.

Why... because I hate HUMAN Smoke... Even Rain have surpassed him now in my list

POINTLESS. bring back Cyber Smoke, but why get rid of Cyber Sub? Thats stupid. He's a good kharacter. Here's a simple solution. DONT PICK HIM

well if he is involved in the story line.... basically imo one of the things that still should have happened in the altered timeline was smoke being transformed into a cyborg instead of sub zero. obviously not everyone is going to agree. but as someone said before, the majority of smoke's mk career, he has been a cyborg. i think the storyline would have been better without cyber sub zero and better with a chapter for cyborg smoke. adds to the nostalgia :)

I could do with as few robots as possible. Would prefer Smoke and Sub Zero to both be human, don't really care about Cyrax and Sektor since they're both D-bags anyway.

see that's the problem, NO ONE wants someone as cyborg without another person wanting that person human :p so having all four of them rocks imo. Cyrax and Sektor are so much less complicated, cyborgs from the beginning and loved as cyborgs. Subzero is loved as human mostly and Smoke is loved for both. I say bring them all in, cyborgs and humans :D

I agree I hope they include cyber smoke as dlc so I can use my Human/Cyber Smoke tag team

Would love to see a Cyborg Smoke. It's one of my only 2 wishes for this game (the other being DLC friendships). But only with his chest spear - for that to work he couldn't be an alt costume of Human Smoke, he would have to be a different character in DLC.

This, is it so hard to comprehend that they can just put them ALL in?

Yes, I think they did a cool little number on Cyrax and Sektor, giving them a relatively unseen human look as well. For they next game, they could have Human Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero as canon (given that they follow the storyline whether you like it or not) and they could have Cyber Smoke and Human Sub-Zero as non-canon unlockable characters. It's not a terribly difficult concept, though I know a lot of people are upset about this on principle rather than from any kind of practical stand point. Personally, I'm willing to respect the process of storytelling enough to let them play their hand. Though I doubt they'll be so dumb as to pull one of their most famous characters from the series entirely. Just my thoughts.

Just add RoboSmoke no need to remove CSZ since he's already in. I mean sure there's alot of cyborgs but same could be said for the ninjas. With alternates you can have the re-imagined versions of the characters to add personality and have that old school look on the alternates so it's no big deal.

Neither will be left out with the power of DLC. Will they be in the next story mode? Most likely not. But, you can still play as them.

CSZ was an interesting take on the story, which I don't mind. As long as Human SZ is playable I don't care about CSZ being in it. However, I think Cyber Smoke needs to become at least an alternate skin for Smoke. Even better, his own character just like in MK3 and all his original attacks and Fatalities.

Everyone *****ed when they made smoke a cyborg, and ppl have been complaining for years now. Its obvious that cyber smoke was hated so as like an alt, I don't mind it (cybersmoke had a "human" alt) but canonologically (did I create a word there?), human all the way.

As for sub, I gotta say I HATE that they made him a cyborg. But you gotta admit cyber sub is better than human (in this game at least). So I'm for basically the same thing I said w/ smoke, I'd rather human sub w/ maybe a cyber alt. Although, I'd much rather see human sub and cyber frost end up the mainstays.

My thing is I don't care what they do with alts, so including em all I don't really think anybody would care about. My entire opinion (and I assume a lot of other's) is based off what I'd like to see canon. The more alts the merrier, make subzero a ****ing pixie for all I care and make scorpion an alt where he dances around like he's caught in his own hellfire all round, doesn't matter. Personally I took it more as what would we want to see in the game as the main idea for the character (the canon version of them).

Last edited: