So.. Is Cyrax Officially Broken?

kaballer

Damn it all, I was maining Cyrax and I was so satisfied with him. He's like a Swiss Army Knife. Now, because players discovered these bomb trap and net reset exploits, I feel they're going to nerf the heck out of him and he won't play the same way anymore.

I personally dont think the bomb trap is broken, but the reset trick looks like it can lead to an infinite

people that do this are the reason we have a word called spam, the same shit over and over.
ya he changes it up a little but more or less the same.

shame on that guy.
stupid shit like that is what makes me not wanna play outside my friends list.

I personally dont think the bomb trap is broken, but the reset trick looks like it can lead to an infinite

Infinite without the use of an infinite special meter? Well, since you're experienced enough to make that Cyrax combo movie, you should give it a shot because I'm dying to see the first infinite discovered in MK9.

people that do this are the reason we have a word called spam, the same shit over and over.

shame on that guy.

Comments like this make me facepalm. I'm not going to elaborate as to why because it has been stated repeatedly by multiple experienced players over multiple threads.

shame on that guy.

This was a demo for command grab bomb resets. I'm scratching my head as to how you could conclude that this is spam. And shame on that guy? Shame on that guy if he discovered broken resets, sandbagged, and then clobbered people with them at a tournament. But he's putting that information out there for the betterment of the game and community.

kaballer, there are a lot of "broken" things in this game, so Cyrax is not the only one that needs to be adjusted. It will be interesting to see how NRS handles them.

Infinite without the use of an infinite special meter? Well, since you're experienced enough to make that Cyrax combo movie, you should give it a shot because I'm dying to see the first infinite discovered in MK9.

Cyrax infinite based on a reset was discovered a while ago. The combo counter does not consider it an infinite combo, but the opponent can't do anything except use a breaker.

oh is that what he was doing I thought he was doing this for people to use.

I' ll admit i was wrong. i thought he was doing some thing different kaballer I am sorry i didn't understand ur intentions.

Yes, I would say that trap makes Cyrax broken for sure.

It's an unblockable setup that cannot be escaped (even by teleport) due to stun. There's nothing you can do except watch yourself die. And the reset is pretty much godlike.

shame on that guy.
Why? You should thank the guy for discovering this as it will undoubtly be nerfed or removed. I'm guessing at the very least they will reduce the ammount of stun after the command grab thing.

I don't think Cyrax really needs big nerfs though. Just make the reset impossible to repeat and the bomb trap possible to avoid.

Last edited:

Wow !! o_O

Comments like this shows how much of a scrub you are !!

Sorry to say, but this game takes real skill to play now, unlike to old MK titles. Which make it more a high level competitve game (with the likes of SSF4 AE & MVC3) now and it is a very good thing for the fighting scene.

LOL that the video is like an instructional video on how to be cheap and use these scrub ass combos. They will be fixed soon and these videos shall be useless

Wow !! o_O

Comments like this shows how much of a scrub you are !!

Sorry to say, but this game takes real skill to play now, unlike to old MK titles. Which make it more a high level competitve game (with the likes of SSF4 AE & MVC3) now and it is a very good thing for the fighting scene.

a) And that makes him a scrub.. how? The rest your post is completely unrelated to your original statement.

b) There is no need to talk trash about people for saying what they personally think. He even used the word personally. That's called an opinion.

c) TONY-T has proven himself to be a good player with the videos he's contributed to this forum. What have you got to contribute to this forum? Literally your only post calling someone a scrub?

Be nice, people. I don't see the reward in calling other people out.

Last edited:
Not hard to block. They are hard to set up though. These will fail on us tourney players :D
Problem is you can't block a Cyrax bomb and you're in stun so you can't teleport or even jump/backdash. It's a guaranteed pop up free juggle. You could say we can use breaker. However you can only break the second hit. Not to mention the 2 meter required to actually use that breaker.

Not hard to block. They are hard to set up though. These will fail on us tourney players :D

Yeah, but not hard to catch either. The guy is starting these combos with a overhead which is not that hard to catch even with a competitive player. Which mean he can start it from the ground as well. He is not setting up bombs either. He is performing them in the combo. He is starting off the combo just like most people do with Cyrax. I am not saying this is going to happen every match. But if practiced and not fixed I could defiantly see people learning these combo's and perfoming them in a match.