Kano

SpyCake

So, i just started playing Kano, and it was awesome, tho i'm wondering is he good against other characters, for example Scorpion? Because i see him 80% of the time i'm online.

I like him, he is pretty unpredictable.

You can't get anywhere near the guy.

Choke, air-throw, and Kano-ball are some pretty crazy moves.
Especially his enhanced choke, it does a lot of damage.

I like him, he is pretty unpredictable.

You can't get anywhere near the guy.

Choke, air-throw, and Kano-ball are some pretty crazy moves.
Especially his enhanced choke, it does a lot of damage.

Only ball move i can do is upwards tho... hard to do the others in a online match, don't know if that would be enough.

Only ball move i can do is upwards tho... hard to do the others in a online match, don't know if that would be enough.

His air ball is easy, that is the one you do while in the air.
They almost never see it coming.

Okay.. Just wondering, you know if any combos to do as him?

I main kano and some good combos for him is his 212 dash in 212 dash in back + 112 it works well with the up ball at the end. And learn his kannon ball, the air cannon ball and you'll rape everyone. Also don't forget his enhanced straight ball is unblockable if you hold it for about 2 seconds then release

Kano is an underrated beast. Fast paced fighter for days. plus his humiliating choke and FAST projectile.

**licks Kano's select screen picture**

People swear that Kano's main strategy is revolved around his knives and his balls, but if you dwell deeper you could see that his up close game is SOOOO safe and complimented by the fact that choke is only about -1 on block and leaves you at a distance so you could still crossup, backdash, or frame trap.

As the meta game develops we'll be seeing alot more Johnny Cage and Kano. But seriously, Kano is absolutely RIDICULOUS when it comes to up close fighting in this game. In some matchups he could literally rush down the opponent relentlessly without any fear of a serious counterattack.

People say Kano's game revolves around his knifes and up-ball becuase they are so good! one of the best projectiles in the game, does more damage than most fireballs at 9%, is very fast and has a fast recovery. and his up ball and horizontal ball are amazing anti-airs.

He's close game is safe but also very limited since he has hardly any lows, besides a super long sweep, and the only true overhead is slow. Kano will have a hard time opening his opponent.

Played a bit with him last night. Not a fan for the input for the cannon ball (prefer a button press at the end tbh) but it seems like he has some good ways to overcome opponents, especially the air cannon balls (upwards and downwards)

Would have liked his knife swipe from MK3 though, it would have been a good combo finisher.

People say Kano's game revolves around his knifes and up-ball becuase they are so good! one of the best projectiles in the game, does more damage than most fireballs at 9%, is very fast and has a fast recovery. and his up ball and horizontal ball are amazing anti-airs.

He's close game is safe but also very limited since he has hardly any lows, besides a super long sweep, and the only true overhead is slow. Kano will have a hard time opening his opponent.

There is a reason they didn't give Kano any lows besides his slow sweep. His mixups are alot more unorthodox as other players. He forces the opponent to duck to dodge his absolutely absurdly safe highs that could be canceled into his just as safe choke, grab, could be frame trapped afterward, could setup for a crossover, or abuse his low jab that is one of the fastest in the game. He sets up for launchers so fearlessly and frequently that it gives opponents that don't have a good fast mid poke a serious problem.
You really never have to sweep or use his overhead, ever. Overhead's best usage is if the opponent tries to stay on the floor to avoid the jump in pressure Kano could put on post choke or grab. Other than that a random overhead isn't too hot unless you read the opponent from a mile away. It's just too slow.

Again, I'm dead serious, Kano's knives and cannonball make it so he sets up perfectly for his up close game. Overall he is definitely a punishment character and I can't wait until I could put some vids up from the Evo qualifier CEO in June of my Kano and JC in action.

Kano is a major run down character.
I love his pressure game, it's so easy to make the other person nervous.
I have also noticed when the opponent is falling from the air, hits the floor, and stands back up you can charge an EX Cannonball to where they cannot block.
I do not know if it's just computers not getting up in time, but it's been able to charge every time.

There is a reason they didn't give Kano any lows besides his slow sweep. His mixups are alot more unorthodox as other players. He forces the opponent to duck to dodge his absolutely absurdly safe highs that could be canceled into his just as safe choke, grab, could be frame trapped afterward, could setup for a crossover, or abuse his low jab that is one of the fastest in the game. He sets up for launchers so fearlessly and frequently that it gives opponents that don't have a good fast mid poke a serious problem.
You really never have to sweep or use his overhead, ever. Overhead's best usage is if the opponent tries to stay on the floor to avoid the jump in pressure Kano could put on post choke or grab. Other than that a random overhead isn't too hot unless you read the opponent from a mile away. It's just too slow.

Again, I'm dead serious, Kano's knives and cannonball make it so he sets up perfectly for his up close game. Overall he is definitely a punishment character and I can't wait until I could put some vids up from the Evo qualifier CEO in June of my Kano and JC in action.

Awesome insight. I just picked up Kano the past few days and, as a Guile player, I fell in love with his almost safe projectiles and up ball, so much that I have neglected his close game and only going for juggles only for punishing blocked moves.

I guess I need to hit the lab.

Ive been a Kano fan since the first MK. always got clowned on from friends joking around. But i seriously got to say this time around Netherrealm studios MK did him some major justice. He doesnt have alot alot of special moves but u can make a kombo out of any of his moves.
Both attires look fantastic on him. I prefer his Costume2 in the game.
I was suprised to see he doesnt have his eye laser as a special move or in a fatality...but its funny to see him use it in story mode lol!
Neway i had an idea for him for a fatality since he doesnt use the laser.
~Continuing to do his Heartbreak fatality, as his arm is thru their chest with the heart in hand. Kano can then blast his Laser Eye at the back of the opponents head, showing it in 3 different angle, back, side n front view as the lifeless body slides of his arm.
~His eat ur heart out fatality- starting off the same way, ripping the opponents heart out, THEN he grabs his knife and sticks it in their neck, pulls it out then jams their heart in their mouth. He then kicks then in the chest n the body falls down n the head rolls looking at the screen with the heart in there mouth. U see Kano in the backgroumd twirling his bloody knife!