Well, here we go! Haven't seen this thread around so I might as well go for it.
Altered Timeline Pros -
- Deception's Mary Sue and Armageddon's underwhelming plot is never going to happen - or at least in the same way
- All mistakes are now undone
- Cyber Sub-Zero is a very cool character and rather powerful too
- Shake-ups in the character's loyalty
- Some characters have been explored far more
- Much richer look into the MK universe (and helped me learn a lot more than the originals did)
- Characters that appeared in the last-generation trilogy still exist and have the potential to be done justice.
Altered Timeline Cons -
- May be hard to get around the story arks of Armageddon and Deception given that Taven, Daegon, Blaze and Onaga will still exist and ignoring them would raise a lot of eyebrows
- Everything we've followed now effectively means nothing (just kidding)
I can't really think of any cons but I'm sure some of you will. So, I'm voting for the altered timeline, can't wait to see what you guys come up with as you know the MK universe far better than I do