Motaro

I think motaro would be cool to have, but i think it was posted already some moves mainly some x-rays don't seem to fit. But who knows if they do put him in they may have already figured out how to work him with each characters moves.

I imagine Subzero crouching under Motaro to freeze and crush his liver... that would be weird xD

But now there's a legitimate balance issue if he's put into Arcade Ladder because Kintaro/Goro are specialable.

Could always change the ladder count from 10 to 11 though.

What I dont get is ppl said there was no way Shang was gonna morph into everyone cuz of too much data, even I said so myself and they did it with ease for the CPU and no loading times. So I cant imagine they cant do Motaro for this game, even if its DLC

To the above poster ^

They have not managed to make shang morph into every charcter, only 3 per battle. There was always talk that this was an idear for shang to morph without loading time, long before the game was released. But yes i see your point they can make motaro, but it would have to be a nerfed version of him.

For example, x-rays would have no affect on him unlike the other bosses, reason being they would have to change every x-ray to match him. His sheer size and 3d model may look stupid when he changes direction, not a massive problem but i doubt they want him to look glitchy or like he doesnt belong. Again his odd shape and lage size will make him look incredible stupid being juggled or poped-up , so most combos, special moves and x-rays will not work on him and he will be well overpowered.

Its not impossible for him to be DLC, but i dont think its worth it for the NRS. He will be a boss only, so most players wont want to buy him as they cant use him. He will be super nerfed unless they take an incredible amount of time and effort on him, wich i think is unlikly. They might aswell wait until the next game and do a proper job on him so everything will work on him as is does the normal characters.

Performing mocap isn't the issue with putting a 4-legged Motaro in the game. 2 people could act like a panto horse for that. The issue is getting his frame to work properly with the fighting engine. I imagine it would be time-consuming, but not impossible.

X-rays aren't the only stumbling block. Apart from the "bonuses" the bosses have (i.e. Armour, with no throws or Fatalities possible against them), every character, when not blocking, appears to share the same animations when they react to being attacked (e.g. Flailing about, rolling on the ground, somersaulting in the air, landing flat on their backs or faces, etc). Even the Shokan characters react the same way, with their lower arms copying the movement of their upper arms.

Motaro would need new reaction animations. Also, if possible, perhaps the other characters could have a shared X-ray attack, specifically for use when fighting him. Instead of highlighting the unique strengths of the character performing the X-ray, this X-ray would highlight a weakness Motaro has.

It's probably too much to ask, but I hope NRS would be willing to put in the extra effort required to add Motaro properly in MK9, as he would be a great boss character.

He appeared in videos but he was never walking or running, just standing thats because they have the problem that horse like mokaped animations are too difficult to do and doesnt worth it. He was 2-legged in MKA because of that issue.
You see him walking in the hide-out scene when they are trying to decide who the new leader is. His animation looks good too.

Performing mocap isn't the issue with putting a 4-legged Motaro in the game. 2 people could act like a panto horse for that. The issue is getting his frame to work properly with the fighting engine. I imagine it would be time-consuming, but not impossible.

X-rays aren't the only stumbling block. Apart from the "bonuses" the bosses have (i.e. Armour, with no throws or Fatalities possible against them), every character, when not blocking, appears to share the same animations when they react to being attacked (e.g. Flailing about, rolling on the ground, somersaulting in the air, landing flat on their backs or faces, etc). Even the Shokan characters react the same way, with their lower arms copying the movement of their upper arms.

Motaro would need new reaction animations. Also, if possible, perhaps the other characters could have a shared X-ray attack, specifically for use when fighting him. Instead of highlighting the unique strengths of the character performing the X-ray, this X-ray would highlight a weakness Motaro has.

It's probably too much to ask, but I hope NRS would be willing to put in the extra effort required to add Motaro properly in MK9, as he would be a great boss character.

Very well said. I applaud.

There's 0% chances Motaro is DLC.

All you've been doing is spouting one-liners about things you have no way of proving. I've got no problem with opinion, but it is only your opinion that Motaro will not appear. You don't have a direct line to NRS.

I don't think he'll be in the game, but it is technically possible lol.

They can still do xrays on Motaro, they would just ahve to change the animatons in how they are done with him just like they did with Human Cyrax and Sektor. It would just take some time cuz they have to redo the xrays that wouldnt work like Liu Kangs,Ermacs,Jax's,etc.. yeah its time consuming but would be worth it cuz ALOT of ppl would buy him in a heart beat