Mortal Kombat Pocket Guide now available for iPhone / iPod Touch

DDustiNN1

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this:

Mortal Kombat Pocket Guide for iPhone and iPod

Quick access to every characters special moves and every finishing move. Easier and faster than a paper guide or website ;) (I've actually been using it myself and it's quite handy).

Let me know what you think! I would like to keep updating this app, so please provide suggestions and constructive criticism.

It's a good app for quick reference. The only thing I'd ask you to add is possibly an option to change the punch and kick commands from fp, bp, fk, bk, to 1, 2, 3, 4. I'm used to 1, 2, 3, 4 and the other method takes a little longer to register in my head. Other than that, great app!

Thanks, that's actually one thing I want to add soon: Customizable controls. I remember previous MK games using numbers too, but I just went with what was easiest at first (I was just making this for a school project). Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Are 1,2,3,4 typically mapped to certain buttons, or certain moves? What I mean is... Typically, does 1 always equal Square or X? Or does 1 always equal FP? (Or whatever the numbers would really be).

My goal is to have a settings screen where the user can customize how the moves are displayed (1,2,3,4 or FP,BP or Circle, Square, etc). I just need to make sure they stay linked correctly, haha...

Wow! I just got this like 4 minutes ago. It's a very nice reference. Definitely when I don't want to check online or print out sheets! The Krypt section is also really sweet. I'm glad you gave me the option to show either Xbox or PS3 controls. Many of the guides use 1,2,3,4 which was pretty annoying. I gave 5 stars. Good job!

I thought I saw a couple different ones for Android last time I looked, which is why I decided to make it for iPhone... then of course, right as I was finishing, a couple started showing up on the store :( haha, figures! Oh well I enjoyed the experience, first time making an iPhone app. I might do an Android version anyway, again just for the experience.

Sorry for the mega late response. If this were a PS3 controller 1 would be square, 2 would be triangle, 3 would be x, 4 would be circle. Same thing for the xbox.

Thanks, that seems to be what I remember from MK:Deception actually.

Loving this new one btw :D

I just finished the story mode and couldn't believe how awesome it was. I love how the developers threw so much into this game, and so many nods toward previous games.

If you make an Android version, let us all know, I would be interested in this but am not much of an iPhone fan personally.