angelsmommy2002

Anyone know what MAME is?

How does it work?

Can you play Old MKs on it?

Can you play "the grid"?

NBA JAM TE V1.0?

All on your PC?

Can we play each other with it?

I'm just going to take a shot at answering this, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

MAME is an emulator that plays arcade games. It plays all Mortal Kombat arcades, and you can play other people. I've never used MAME, so I don't know if The Grid or if NBA Jam is available for it. And yeah, you can play all this on your PC, although, I've been told that it's illegal unless you own the actual arcade game to have them on your machine.

WOW, sounds awesome, I wonder where I can find out more about this?

I dont understand how it works? You just download the program and then the game?

I used to use Nesticle (NES Emulator that played NES games), and all I did was download the emulator and roms (roms = games), load the rom into the emulator, and I played the game. I'm guessing MAME works like that too. Just search up for MAME and MAME roms. Posting links for these roms is probably verboten here since it's pirating, but if you go to Google or Yahoo, you should find a lot of sites on your own.

God i downloaded the mame and the game, nothing worked, said i was missing files....DAMN, will someone tell me what to do to get this to work?

http://www.mame.net/downmain.html

Then under Binary archives download mame088b.zip. I've got the thing downloaded, and I guess it's working since I get no errors when opening any of the exes, but I haven't a clue on how to use it, and I'm getting ready to hit the sack right now. If someone doesn't respond by tomorrow, I'll take a crack at it and figure it out. :wink:

ok sweet,

Romnation.net has lots of games, Ive been tring to get the NBA JAM TE 1.0 to play, b/c its the one that has Reptile and Sub-Zero, Raiden and Scorpion as playable characters. If you can try to play that game.

Kryptonite said:
http://www.mame.net/downmain.html

Then under Binary archives download mame088b.zip. I've got the thing downloaded, and I guess it's working since I get no errors when opening any of the exes, but I haven't a clue on how to use it, and I'm getting ready to hit the sack right now. If someone doesn't respond by tomorrow, I'll take a crack at it and figure it out. :wink:

MAME isn't opened like a normal program. Read the FAQ.