Can you PLAY as SMOKE, NOOB, JADE, Kahn, and KINTARO in MK2?

back to topic....yes you can, but on the secret charaters you can only block, crouch, and jump up....that's it

Sub-Zero_83 said:
If I may...?

I remember reading for a number of years that there is a cheat on the Gameboy MK1 that will let you play as Goro, though it changes the character names and God only knows what else. And also I don't know if this cheat is any more stable than the Genie stuff you mentioned.

But then again, who knows how many people still have the GB MK1 anyway.

Yeah, that was a strange cheat. It was completely legitimate and had no tendancies towards crashing the game.

Here is what all the names change to after the code is done...

Kano = Bob
Rayden = Eric
Liu Kang = Carl
Scorpion = Peter
Sub-Zero = Gary
Sonya = Fergus
Shang Tsung = Eddy
Battle Plan = Brittle Plum

Shinnokxz said:
Here is what all the names change to after the code is done...

Kano = Bob
Rayden = Eric
Liu Kang = Carl
Scorpion = Peter
Sub-Zero = Gary
Sonya = Fergus
Shang Tsung = Eddy
Battle Plan = Brittle Plum

How would I do this?

Beat the game, and at the screen where it says THE END (after all the credits have scrolled by), hold UP+LEFT+SELECTE+A. Hold these until the screen fades and the enter your initals screen appears, you can let go now and enter your initials. Press Start past the High Scores Table, and the next screen should say something along the lines of "GORO Lives... AS YOU."

There you go.

juergen said:
Love Cowboy said:
they speak the truth... you cannot play AS those characters.

there are secret ways to fight against the three you mentioned that aren't normally in the game though... they're posted elsewhere in this forum

you can play as the secret characters, but the only thing you can do is duck, jump straight up and block.....if you do anything else the game will freeze. As for Kahn and Kintaro.....only thing you can do is block and everything else freezes the game....If a normal AI controlled character tries to throw Kahn or Kintaro then the game will freeze, and the bosses will disappear, since there is no throw animation for throwing the bosses.

Also the game will freeze if you pick Noob Saibot for Revision 2.1 and earlier and if you pick any secret characters in revision 1.4 and earlier.

You can't play as the secret characters in mk2.Have you ever played as them?I think not. :roll:

you can play as reptile in mk1 snes with the help of a game genie but you can only use scorpion or subzero powers not both
like the cpu reptile. the code is 676A-47AF.
oh and you can only use him in 2player mode.

you can play as reptile in mk1 snes with the help of a game genie but you can only use scorpion or subzero powers not both
like the cpu reptile. the code is 676A-47AF.
oh and you can only use him in 2player mode.

Y....you.....you necro'd a four year old thread that probably no one participating in the thread will ever read again. Why?

Well it brought my attention to it again, that's something. Is that "Goro lives...as you!" cheat true? Since the instructions references high score input, does that mean it's Arcade only? I don't claim to know all MK cheats, but I've never heard of this one and it sounds bogus.

Well it brought my attention to it again, that's something. Is that "Goro lives...as you!" cheat true? Since the instructions references high score input, does that mean it's Arcade only? I don't claim to know all MK cheats, but I've never heard of this one and it sounds bogus.

That's the Game Boy version, which I've never played, but as far as I know, it's completely legitimate. I've even seen the code in game magazines accompanied by screenshots. Shinnokxz was a mod at one point too, so it's not like he was one to blow smoke up anyone's ass.