Anyone else not seeing this hidden character?

dre711

So I've faced hidden characters Reptile and Noob Saibot, but I haven't even SEEN Smoke at all. I've played ladder SO many damn times, and have played on different difficulties, and I STILL haven't seen Smoke in the Living Forest. Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: I FINALLY found him, and got to fight him!!...and beat him:)......sucks though, that damn annoying klassic costumes glitch, he turned red after a few seconds, they NEED to fix that glitch BADLY!

Last edited:
I've wondered about this, I've read about ppl fighting everyone and ppl multiple times.. granted I haven't paid too much attention, but I don't recall ever seeing any of this background stuff going on. Let alone done the other requirements to fight em.

I've wondered about this, I've read about ppl fighting everyone and ppl multiple times.. granted I haven't paid too much attention, but I don't recall ever seeing any of this background stuff going on. Let alone done the other requirements to fight em.

Yeah, but I'm not talkin about actually doing anything special to actually fight them...I'm just sayin that I haven't even SEEN Smoke

It's one of those things where you don't notice him until you actually start looking. He only pops up behind one certain tree in the forest, and once you make a mental note of where it is (about two from the right if you're starting in the center) he's easy to spot. Some luck is involved of course, but I spotted him last night and I was in such a rush to hit the select button I managed to hit both the start button to pause the game and the Xbox button to bring up the dashboard menu. I was able to exit out of both and still hit select to fight Smoke, so it's definitely forgiving.

i fought him he just peeked out from the side of a tree in old outfit still havent seen cyrax in sand people claimed to see even though its nothing special known of yet

It's one of those things where you don't notice him until you actually start looking. He only pops up behind one certain tree in the forest, and once you make a mental note of where it is (about two from the right if you're starting in the center) he's easy to spot. Some luck is involved of course, but I spotted him last night and I was in such a rush to hit the select button I managed to hit both the start button to pause the game and the Xbox button to bring up the dashboard menu. I was able to exit out of both and still hit select to fight Smoke, so it's definitely forgiving.

That's what the ***** is! I HAVE actually been looking for him, and just making my fight the secondary concern...guess I'm just not getting the luck

It took me 100's of fights before I even got the stage with Smoke, when I did I would fight and if he didn't pop up I'd restart the fight. Eventually after 5-6 tries he popped up.

Same thing happened to me for The Pit with the Santa/Witch.

It took me 100's of fights before I even got the stage with Smoke, when I did I would fight and if he didn't pop up I'd restart the fight. Eventually after 5-6 tries he popped up.

Same thing happened to me for The Pit with the Santa/Witch.

How fast did he appear?...cause I know at the Pit, Santa/With appears right away at the beginning of the first match...

I still haven't seen Smoke either. I decided to just push select one time and it took me straight to the secret fight. So I guess he was there and I just missed him.

Personally, I'm still trying to find Noob for that fight. I'm about 90% sure I just haven't been paying proper attention on the right stage though.

Personally, I'm still trying to find Noob for that fight. I'm about 90% sure I just haven't been paying proper attention on the right stage though.

Noob is SUPER easy to find, he doesn't pop out or anything, he's either standing there the entire time, or he's not there at all...you know which stage he's in right? he's in The Cathedral, standing right next to the table in the center of the room, in case ya didn't know

i fought him he just peeked out from the side of a tree in old outfit still havent seen cyrax in sand people claimed to see even though its nothing special known of yet

Cyrax is like right by your feet in the sand all the way to the LEFT of the screen . His outfit looks cool - Klassic and Updated

I've been doing nothing but Arcade Ladder and still haven't had Noob standing in the Cathedral/Temple or have some figures flying over the moon on the pit...

Have fought Smoke though... and Jade, well, can't seem to get double flawless on Shang Tsung... he gets a hit in everytime... frustrating...