Konfirmed Dlc is on disc

Mr2Lizard

So it looks like the dlc for the classics from preorder are on the disc. There is a new way for people with modified firmwares to enable the costumes and fatalities with just 2 small tweaks to ini file and txt. I have tried it and can konfirm that it works. Before I get flamed for this I own the TE edition. Edit I am not online with ps3 and did this. Connection to online was not needed.

Interesting find -- it was pretty much confirmed because you can fight on the Challenge Tower or Story mode in those costumes, but it certainly looks like they want to charge you to unlock something on a disc you already "own" (the quotes are there because I'm sure the license agreement says you don't own anything you paid for). My PS3 isn't hacked, so I can't enable the content. I'm sure you've also seen that Skarlet is also on the disc... her model is complete but she's missing her special moves and story.

I miss the days where you bought a game and it was complete. I appreciate the fact that games can be patched, but the downside is that the studios use it as an excuse to push out unfinished games because they can fix it later. I also really dislike the idea of DLC characters, but I'll probably buy them anyway... that makes me part of the problem...

I get how DLC keeps interest in a game, but then you see a game like MvC 3 where they released DLC characters but they charged $5 each for them. I thought that was borderline greedy, in an ideal world there should be at least a two pack for that price. At least that was actual downloaded content, I kind of feel a certain way about paying to unlock things that are actually on the disc. It seems like such a blatant money grab designed to make people who bought your game pay extra to get all the features you'd think were already paid for.

There is the school of thought that there's nothing requiring you to purchase DLC, and while that's true enough for extra costumes and whatnot, it's hard to make that claim regarding characters. Gamers (and especially MK fans) tend to be completeists, so there's going to be a segment who has to get it just to not be missing anyone.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that whenever DLC is announced there will be two packs released: a costume pack for all the additional classic costumes and a fighter pack of 2 characters. I

I'm going to post what I said in the other thread talking about Goro DLC.

I believe that multiple people from NRS have said that they won't make us pay for something that is already on disk... thus.. we won't have to pay to "unlock" content.

1) This leads me to believe that when the retro costumes and fatalities are released, they will be free.
2) If bosses are released, they (Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn) will be free.
3) If Brutalities are already in the game but locked, they will be free to unlock.

*The only exception to this would be Skarlett. I know that somebody found her character model hidden in their game, but she has a model because she's in the background and in the story. She doesn't have a moveset or anything yet. If she does, and If NRS keeps what they've said, she, too, will be free.

I really hope that NRS sticks to what they have said throughout development.

Indeed, I was also under the impression that NRS stated several times "DLC that is already on the disc will be free", which would mean that the classic outfits, fatalities and who knows what else will be free DLC.

I also seem to remember Boon saying that, depending on sales figures, the first batch(es) of DLC would also be free, even if it contained stuff not already on the bought disc? Anyone care to confirm this?

it's obvious the classic skins are on the disc, that was pretty much talked about from day 1. As mentioned above, Boon said nothing on the disc will be DLC. He also mentioned that classic skins will be available to all in the future. The question now is how to unlock (secrets still not found) or if it's a time-lock/future patch thing that will allow us access for the unlock

So if you hack your console, do you get all of the classic costumes or just a specific one. For example do yu get Noob, Ermac, Scorp, Reptile, Smoke and Sub? That would be awesome.

As far as I know though, this is not confirmed DLC. We're still not sure if we'll get them at all, we're just hoping and assuming we will eventually. As for it being on the disc, that's no shock with the hidden fights in ladder mode and I think at least one of the challenges uses classic costumes too. So they're obviously on the disc itself and "technically" we have them... We just can't use them in the way we want. I guess the only thing we couldn't see in the game are the classic fatalities. Anyway good find. I wouldn't expect them for free, I think some people are taking Boon's comments too literally / out of context. But if they turn out to be free, all the better.

As far as I know though, this is not confirmed DLC. We're still not sure if we'll get them at all, we're just hoping and assuming we will eventually.

As many people have already stated that Boon has already said that all of the classic costumes will be available eventually. The preorder bonus was just how soon you got them.

today im going to push out the video i have been promising people for some time, im testing diffrent ways to get all the DLC i just need a classic other than Scorpion, i have Reptile and Ermac so far, only need Subzero, Kitana, and Mileena this is only for xbox btw but i will post a thread once its complete, you dont need to edit any code or anything, well you can but that would take some time.

id reather memory mod the DLC to match the HD ID and the GT ID

today im going to push out the video i have been promising people for some time, im testing diffrent ways to get all the DLC i just need a classic other than Scorpion, i have Reptile and Ermac so far, only need Subzero, Kitana, and Mileena this is only for xbox btw but i will post a thread once its complete, you dont need to edit any code or anything, well you can but that would take some time.

id reather memory mod the DLC to match the HD ID and the GT ID

there's already patches out there to get all the classics at once, why bother?

For those who hacked a console: Can you please tell us, what exactly .ini file we must edit and what exactly to change there to have these costumes?

but it certainly looks like they want to charge you to unlock something on a disc you already "own"

How are you so sure they are going to 'Charge' for them? They may just be a timed exclusive and released with a patch later.

@MK_MortalKombat
It will eventually be possible to get all the classic costumes.

I'm going to post what I said in the other thread talking about Goro DLC.

I believe that multiple people from NRS have said that they won't make us pay for something that is already on disk... thus.. we won't have to pay to "unlock" content.

1) This leads me to believe that when the retro costumes and fatalities are released, they will be free.
2) If bosses are released, they (Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn) will be free.
3) If Brutalities are already in the game but locked, they will be free to unlock.

*The only exception to this would be Skarlett. I know that somebody found her character model hidden in their game, but she has a model because she's in the background and in the story. She doesn't have a moveset or anything yet. If she does, and If NRS keeps what they've said, she, too, will be free.

I really hope that NRS sticks to what they have said throughout development.

i hope so Sub-Zero_Wraith

I do hope we can eventually get these klassic costumes for free like Noob and Smoke. I'm still trying to get the hidden Reptile fight. >.<

I'm at work now so I can't post which 2 files they are till later tonight. It does unlocks everything all 7 costumes and included fatalities. I know most people thought it was on disc from the small size psn dl but I thought people who wanted definitive proof would be happy now. I see both sides of the dlc battle but as an old school gamer the unfinished and pay for what should included is bs. The trend will now be to never release full rosters because so many people will pay for it. If they charge like capcom does at 5 a head you 99 dollar TE becomes a 150 dollar game. When does it stop, what the cut off line. And to that point back in the day the games were play tested to death. We now pay to not only play but to also playtest them. Mk 1~3 had less bugs combined then any of the rest of the mk's released after.

No on disc DLC, which means they either won't be available (highly unlikely) or they'll unlock thru updates (timed exclusive).