Your top 3 characters in the story?

Drakilla

In no particular order:

Nightwolf - What a badass. He's like a human Raiden. Pure shaman spirit with badass warrior blood. Took out Sindel like a boss.

Cyber Sub-Zero - I thought he was portrayed very well in this, with his battle between human/cyborg. Had good parts in ending events (fighting goro+kintaro was awesome)

Ermac - I know he didn't have much of a story, but his appearance and just plain presence is very menacing. I love his alternate design, and he's just a badass character. The darth maul of the story.

Honorable mentions: Sindel - Wow, her destruction of most of the characters herself was epic (yes I know, with shang's energy infused, but still)

Dumbass award: Smoke - Would be cool and collected one minute, and then a complete prick the next, getting his ass kicked in the process.

The shaft award: Reptile - Did anyone not beat his ass xD

all of my favorites had small parts

Mileena - I liked seeing how crazy she was but too bad we didn't get more

Sindel - man she OWNED but it was sad when
Spoiler:
she killed Jade, my favorite

Ermac - looked awesome, he has become a new favorite

Tough one, I loved everybody in Story Mode.

But probably Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and Kung Lao's parts were my favorites. Liu Kang and Kung Lao, because their parts were just epic. And Johnny Cage because he was surprisingly cool.

Out of the non-playables, Shao Khan and Quan Chi were awesome. Quan Chi had a particularly good voice actor. And I think Sheeva should get an honerable mention, since I think she showed the most personality out of all the scrubs you beat up on (and Kintaro/Goro), lol.

Last edited:
Johnny Cage. This game has actually made me like Johnny, wow. Kabal was really cool and I like that he stays good this time. I think they nailed Smoke, it's obvious why he got captured last time...line, and he just felt very...human. A good foil for Sektor and even Cyrax. He just seems so free spirited, and I know he's dumb, but it just makes it seem more awful that he would be turned.

1. Cyber Sub
2. Ermac
3 Sub Zero

Smoke was "strange"... How he was running towards Sub Zero and was screaming his name was really "straenge"

Nightwolf was pretty badass. I know he didnt have a huge role but what he did was awesome. I guess thats why he was 2nd in command.

Kano i just loved in the story. He was perfectly portraid. A merciless thug for hire. Yeah he got his ass handed to him on all the occasions, but like she said, "I dont play fair & I got a knack for survival"

Cyrax was great too. Jist to finally get to see how the Lin Kuei were before the Cyber Initiative. I liked how Cyrax was potraid alot too.

1. Raiden - the protagonist of this game. They made him really emotional and you feel with him through the game

2. Scorpion - his role is really short and they never went deep into the rivalry of him and Sub-Zero. That disapointed me but but his short time in the story you can see that he's just a character who wants justice though he's a cold killer

3. Ermac - he (or "they") is ("are") dangerous as hell. Wherever he is, the other characters fear him.

1. Nightwolf. As others have said, he is like a human Raiden, and he went out like a badass fighting the Tsung-infused Sindel.

2. Raiden. His efforts to understand his visions did lead to the deaths of others, but I could feel his frustration and how he was simply trying to protect us, even though it usually turned out disastrous until the very end. His argument with Liu Kang and willingness to offer his own soul really showed that he would do anything that was necessary and more to ensure the safety of Earthrealm.

3. Scorpion. He showed perhaps the most humanity I've seen out of anyone in the story. What I'm talking about is the scene after Scorpion defeats Elder Sub-Zero; the fact that he was reluctant to kill him. Only after Quan Chi's lies did he actually kill him and when he returned to the tournament with Sub-Zero's skull, it was the look of disappointment in his face that showed a different side to his usual "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!" self, IMO.

Cyber Sub-Zero, Cyrax, Sektor, Jade, Kitana, Kabal, Ermac, Smoke, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Kano are honorable mentions in the story.

I enjoy Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke and Stryker chapters but the best scenes for me was with Ermac intro, Sindel scream and the whole scene with Scopion and Sub.

Scorpion showed more of himself than he has in any game before. He tried desperately to hold true to his word, but fell prey to Quan Chi's lies and killed the elder Sub-Zero. After seeing him return from the Netherrealm with Sub-Zero's skull, the self-loathing and disappointment were clearly etched on his every feature. While it was probably this self-loathing that led him to follow Quan Chi so obediently. It does make me wonder where his story will go from there, self-loathing can only being about so much loyalty and I could easily see him switching sides in the next game.

Ermac was an enforcer of the highest order. He always had an ominous introduction that made me groan because I knew I'd beat him (even if I had to retry), but I always left feeling like I'd earned that win. He showed himself to be a force to be reckoned with. If he continues fighting against Raiden's warriors, he could really make life difficult, but if he holds true to the Original Timeline he'll really give the good guys a boost.

Johnny Cage had a great showing. His role in the Story Mode took a character that I'd never really cared for and made me laugh when he goofed off and still enjoy his fighting moves. He's looking more and more like he'll be Raiden's right hand man in the next game. If his ending has any validity he could really be a badass.

Last edited: