Nightwolf or Jax

AcMilan91

i want to play one of these chars,so can u guys help me who is better,i like jax pretty much,but dont know how to play him...i am new player,and one more question its noob question i know,but what is dash ?

you will have an easier time with nightwolf... as he has alot more tools then jax

jax pretty much requires you to try and rushdown the enemy, and stay close... nightwolf is a little more well rounded and has better matchups against pretty much everyone...

nightwolf has a good high/low mix up with his foot stomp and tomahawk... he has the lightning strike, the reflect, his projectile has to be duck blocked, etc

oh so jax,is bad or i need just to stay close to enemy,cuz i really wanna learn him :),and thanks for reply

jax isnt bad... he is just more difficult i think... he has alot more bad matchups then nightwolf... i don't think any character is "bad" in this game :-D

you should learn whichever character is more interesting/fun to you, otherwise the game wont be as fun :cool:

About the dash. Is it when u press fast back or forward twice on your d-pad.

Believe, if u train with Jax, and master him, u will kick ass. He is a badass fighter with múltiple range attacks (jump, close, medium and long range)

I'm trying to main Jax, but he is difficult to get to grips to. He doesn't seem like he has any really long damaging combos, and you can't combo into his Xray as far as I'm aware.
However he does have some good moves like his dash punch and gotcha grab, which along with some of his combinations make him damaging close range, so he seems to be very much a rushdown character. But he does have a hard time against zoning characters like Noob and projectile heavy characters like Sindel imo.

I'm trying to main Jax, but he is difficult to get to grips to. He doesn't seem like he has any really long damaging combos, and you can't combo into his Xray as far as I'm aware.
However he does have some good moves like his dash punch and gotcha grab, which along with some of his combinations make him damaging close range, so he seems to be very much a rushdown character. But he does have a hard time against zoning characters like Noob and projectile heavy characters like Sindel imo.

this is 100% true... he has a very hard time with projectiles and heavy zoning characters like, noob, ermac, reptile, smoke, kung lao, etc
and he doesnt have very long combo strings... you just have to get in close and then not let the other guy get away!

Both are great, Jax is my main guy right now. I think the longest combo I got with him is like seven with that enhanced slam. His hand to hand combat is crazy though. Nightwolf is amazing he has a nice combo string and he is a little faster with his projectile release. I don't think you can go wrong either way, it just depends on what type of fighter you are.

you will have an easier time with nightwolf... as he has alot more tools then jax

jax pretty much requires you to try and rushdown the enemy, and stay close... nightwolf is a little more well rounded and has better matchups against pretty much everyone...

nightwolf has a good high/low mix up with his foot stomp and tomahawk... he has the lightning strike, the reflect, his projectile has to be duck blocked, etc

Funny how they changed Jax over the years. I remember MK2 Jax was amazing at keeping people away.

i would pick jax
hes fun to use

yeah he is fun to use, and his moves are REAL flashy... but you will have a hard time with alot of the characters... im not saying you can't own with him.. i use jax alot and do well with him, even been told my jax is nasty... but i know that if someone picks an ermac, kung lao, smoke, reptile, etc then jax is not good to use

lol - these guys can be beaten with jax, its just VERY difficult... I took on an ermac the other day with Jax and was determined to win with jax, and lost 11 times in a row..... and i consider myself to be pretty good with jax... he just has ALOT of bad matchups... if i had used a stronger character, i feel my win loss would be better.

it just all depends on how you want to play the game...

i might post up some jax combos for you. highest ones i get are like 7 hit 32% and that uses 2 bars of his meter... he just doesnt have too many long combo strings...

ive got a 7 hit 38% and a 7 hit 39% recorded, and a couple of mid 20's ill try to get them on the internet sometime

the problem is the 7 hit ones start with the ground pound... which is really really slow... and hard to land on an opponent ingame...

would be great,if u can post links from youtube here
and one more thing,why i cant do babality :S?

Last edited:
for a beginner, I don't think trying to mimic combo movies is a good start. Good to be inspired, yes, but start with the basics. The menu has his combos, go to the practice stage and mess around. Go play the basic tutorial, one the 1st first things you learn in dash. Jax has some slow start ups for his moves, so getting the to complete let alone land is more tricky, but he is fun.