Strongest competitive characters!

Robality

I was wonderin if anyone has compiled a character teir list? What characters are most used for competitive play, ect. What's your strongest character? Mine is Ermac, Scorpion, or Raiden.

I'm kind of a one armed bandit. I'm pretty damn good with Johnny, but suck with everyone else except maybe Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

Smoke, Scorpion and Mileena for me so far.

Although after seeing some pros play Kung Lao, I am considering picking him up as he seems amazing.

Interesting. Seems they did a great job at balancing so far. I also like Sub-Zero. Its hard to commit to mastering just one character. I'd like to hear more ppls opinions...

I'm kind of a one armed bandit. I'm pretty damn good with Johnny, but suck with everyone else except maybe Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

Really? Sonya plays a bit like Cage, kinda thought you'd be good with her too...

Anyway, my top people are Sonya, Nightwolf, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Jade, Cage, and Jax. I'm also starting to become real good as well with Kano, Liu Kang, Reptile, Sindel, Raiden, Kung Lao, and Smoke. Everybody else I gotta really practice with.

Interesting. Seems they did a great job at balancing so far. I also like Sub-Zero. Its hard to commit to mastering just one character. I'd like to hear more ppls opinions...

I main Noob Saibot. As of right now, from what i've seen and tried out the top tiers in this game to me are Liu Kang, Mileena, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johhny Cage. This of course is going off their dmg output without the use of meter. Out of all the the characters in the game, I can safely say I'm terrified of Liu Kang.

He has the easiest combos out of the entire cast IMO. You can loop his YXA three times for 27%, you don't even need to move, all you gotta do is input YXA.YXA.YXA, as for his corner combo you can loop BCK.AYX five times for a 43% dmg. Add in the fact that you can combo after his xray, the guy is a monster.

Yeah, hard to decide. Guess well haveta get some more play time in b4 we really know who the top characters are for the most part. My weakest link is Sheeva. I'm leanin toward Ermac, for the win.

I main Noob Saibot. As of right now, from what i've seen and tried out the top tiers in this game to me are Liu Kang, Mileena, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johhny Cage. This of course is going off their dmg output without the use of meter. Out of all the the characters in the game, I can safely say I'm terrified of Liu Kang.

He has the easiest combos out of the entire cast IMO. You can loop his YXA three times for 27%, you don't even need to move, all you gotta do is input YXA.YXA.YXA, as for his corner combo you can loop BCK.AYX five times for a 43% dmg. Add in the fact that you can combo after his xray, the guy is a monster.

Wow, didn't know this about Liu. I like Liu, but havnt played with him a lot yet. Good to know.

i have become a one man army with raiden and raiden only.

Raiden is bad ass in this game. I use him every time too. Easy combos, his teleport and electric fly are just too damn fast, no one ever sees them coming, the thing that sucks is his projectile is slow, but i use it to destract opponents mostly . There to busy waiting for the slow projectile while i teleport behind them when there trying to block it, instant grab or combo. His EX projectile usually never misses though, since it comes from both directions. Its a good way to end a match from far range.

Cyrax, Jade, Ermac, and Sindel for me.

Its too early to determine placements on the tier list.
Saw a big tournament on Justintv today and the characters I saw
being used were Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Ermac, Noob, Kabal, Lui Kang, and Smoke...
I didnt see anyone else really.
An Ermac player won the tournament but the player using Kung Lao and the one using Reptile was amazing.

I love Sub-Zero and Kung Lao as solid competitive fighters mostly, but I've been destroyed in the past few days by Reptile and Scorpion so I guess those guys are pretty good too.

Hhmm. I think Ermac & Raiden are gonna be in the top 5. Maybe Kung Lao too. I'm tryin to master Ermac right now, his 10+ hit combos actually take some skill to pull off.

I've never actually BEEN online with MK due to PSN being down since the day of its Europe release, but I can firmly say that I'm definitely not looking forward to anybody who's any good with Ermac.

I' ve seen a lot of sektor and Scorpion. My top 3 is ermac, smoke and Kung lao. Actually just with them i can finish ladder on expert without continue.

I use a rotation of 4....never isolate yourself into just 1 character. You need variety to keep your opponents guessing and from learning your patterns.

1. Raiden
2. Baraka
3. Reptile
4. Kratos

based on the tournaments ive seen, the strongest/most competitive characters seem to be:

- Kung Lao
- Smoke
- Raiden
- Reptile
- Ermac

With Characters such as
- Sonya
- Kitana
- Johnny Cage

very close behind

granted its still very early in the game

Last edited:
I always play Kano in all the MK games, but this one is probably the best one so far to me.
Kitana is also getting my attention, mainly cause she is a Princess and I love playing as them, like Peach in SSBB.