The Official Fight Stick Modding Discussion

Received my fightstick today :)
Switches are Zippy ?!
Are those on the same level as Cherry switches, or E-switches as well ?
Quit strange they use different switches on the same product, maybe some old stock ?
Stick came from Canada btw

Zippy is much better than E-Switch. The problem with HAPP atm besides quality is the mix and match crap on their inventory.

Hey guys. Just looking for some general info before I order my parts from lizardlick. What is the benefit of cherry micro-switches over the E-switches that come with the Happ competition buttons? I know the actuating force is different but what are the actual benefits in laymans terms. Also does the IL bat top stick come with the micro-switches? If so are they cherrys or E-switches? I'd check myself but my phone doesn't run their website. Any other tips and advice on this swap is also welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cherry has been around for a long time and the difference is quality. Cherry switches overall are better and have a longer life duration. IL Eurosticks come stock with Cherry switches.

Today my IL parts came in from Arcadeshop.de
If you live in europe i can definitely recomment to order from them, fast shipping and the original IL parts :hail:
Swapping was easy, just began with the stick, letting the standard plate connected so i only had to swap the connectors one by one.
After that i did swap button for button so nothing could go wrong.
Took me an hour, not bad for a first time :)

This might be helpfull :
My stick came with Zippy switches, wich have smaller connectors, and so are the connectors at the end of the cables.
At first i wanted to cut of the connectors from the wires and solder them to the Cherry switches.
But if you take a small flat screwdriver, you can bow these connectors a bit so that they fit perfectly tight around the larger Cherry connectors.

Gotta say, it's a whole world of difference if you compare the IL's to the Happ's !!
Rabbit jumping over Shao Kahn now goes smooth as butter.
And as i main Kabal, the nomad-rush is also very fluid now :hail:

Only thing i need to get used to are the competition buttons, as i block with the beginning of my middlefinger, it was a little bit easier with the higher concave buttons.
Aah well, wil get used to it, and if not i did also order 6 IL concave buttons with my order so can always swap them, altough i don't think i will.

Here's a little sneak peak at what I am doing to my PDP stick:

p1010041c.jpg

I cut out a brand new control panel and today I drilled the screw holes and tested them. Tomorrow I am planning to unscrew everything again and start routing and drilling the joystick / button holes.

I know this doesn't really have to do with modding, but I was wondering since the RT and LT buttons are a fair distance apart on the fightstick how do you perform an X-Ray? I am looking into buying a stick so I was wondering how it works.

I know this doesn't really have to do with modding, but I was wondering since the RT and LT buttons are a fair distance apart on the fightstick how do you perform an X-Ray? I am looking into buying a stick so I was wondering how it works.

X-Ray A+RT+B
Throw X+A
Stance A+B
Tag Y+B or tag-button :lol:
This is how it works on Xbox anyway.

Last edited:
Custom Paint Controller/Sticks

Anyone done this and know the correct materials to use? I was thinking of pasting some MK art to a stick/controller and clear coating over it. Friend of mine wanted to put his favorite character Noob onto his SF4 Fightpad instead of the Guile that is there now. Any input would be great!

Just got the HRAP v3 sa in the mail a couple of days ago and, outside of being a noob with a joystick, I think I need to mod it to suit my needs. Anyone have a stick / gate recommendations specifically for the HRAP? I also want a stick that's as sensitive as possible (even though I think the buttons are too sensitive). Mostly though, I just want to get rid of the damn clicking noise.

Just got the HRAP v3 sa in the mail a couple of days ago and, outside of being a noob with a joystick, I think I need to mod it to suit my needs. Anyone have a stick / gate recommendations specifically for the HRAP? I also want a stick that's as sensitive as possible (even though I think the buttons are too sensitive). Mostly though, I just want to get rid of the damn clicking noise.

That's what I hated about that too, it's the Japanese style sticks. If you're used to American arcade joysticks (all of the MK games), buy a IL Eurojoystick and replace it.

Ok, I'm thinking of making my own Hit Box, with the buttons instead of a joystick. I don't know if I should make my own custome box, or just cut holes into the top of a PDP MK stick. lol

Has anyone heard of a solution for modding the MK9 fightstick to work on next-gen consoles? Specifically X360 to PS4.

Has anyone heard of a solution for modding the MK9 fightstick to work on next-gen consoles? Specifically X360 to PS4.

PSX360+ http://www.focusattack.com/akishop-ps360-multi-console-joystick-pcb/ is probably what you're looking for. The latest firmware for it offers Xbox One support, however nothing for PS4 (yet)

I currently have a Cthulhu installed on one of my PDP MK fightstick (PS3, Xbox 360/PC support)

Best option right now (for Xbox 360 -> PS4) is a Chronus Max. These are, unfortunately, banned for tournament use, but you can probably use them for online tourneys.

PSX360+ http://www.focusattack.com/akishop-ps360-multi-console-joystick-pcb/ is probably what you're looking for. The latest firmware for it offers Xbox One support, however nothing for PS4 (yet)

I currently have a Cthulhu installed on one of my PDP MK fightstick (PS3, Xbox 360/PC support)

Best option right now (for Xbox 360 -> PS4) is a Chronus Max. These are, unfortunately, banned for tournament use, but you can probably use them for online tourneys.

Appreciate this. I'm not a tournament player and it'd only be for home offline use. Just don't want the investment on the MK stick to go to waste on old hardware. Thanks!

Actually the PS360+ does not have Xbox One support, it has Xbox 1 support, as in the first Xbox before the 360. I know that's confusing but the PS360 was designed prior to Microsoft announcing the name of the new console and that's how they chose to differentiate between the first Xbox and the 360.

If you really don't want to padhack a ps4, get the Titan One converter, it's the same as the CronusMax, but better, it constantly gets new updates. Bear in mind that with those types of converters you need a ps4 controller and re-authenticate the signal every 10 mins. Padhacking might cost you more, but it's more convenient down the line.